Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people do this?

Options
  • 28-02-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

A couple of baseball cap + hoody wearing teenagers have just slammed a few eggs against my window. Which my head is about a foot away from.

It's after 11pm. I'm at the end of a cul de sac. I haven't had any disagreements with anyone.

I am starting to hate Sligo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

There has been an awful lot of stone throwing incidents around the area where I live of late.

Youngsters throwing stones at houses mostly and in some cases at passing cars and even at people on the street. Don't know if this an upsurge in this kind of behaviour or if I'm just at an age where I notice it more.

Either way there seems to be an awful lot of children/teenagers in this town with absolutely no rearing on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The honest answer, it happens cos they're a bunch of fuckin scum bags with nothing better to do with there piss poor excuse of lives. I have to suffer enough of this shit down where I live.

Didn't think it'd be a problem up where you live though TMB.... Then again, you never know do you

Scumbag Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I think they do it because they are bored and don't have an idea what they can and can't do.

I think egging a house is a very old tradition and I have no idea where it comes from. It seems to be an American/British/Irish thing to do. I never came accross it back home but we have other traditional things.

Like putting dog pooh infront of someones door and light a paper on top so they have to stamp it out with their feet, is a real classic.

Throughing stone on cars (from a bridge) on the motorway is a new thing in holland and caused some serious injuries and accidents.

I think a lot of it comes from boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

So to sum up.....

Bored Scumbags

Unfortunately they're everywhere.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I've to go and bloody clean it up now.

Ah, I know they're everywhere. Was just a bit scared last night, on my own, dark, quiet etc. I'm also in a mid terrace house, so you wonder why my particular window? Neighbour 2 doors up heard the bangs and came out, so it was a surprisingly loud noise for a few eggs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I've to go and bloody clean it up now.

Ah, I know they're everywhere. Was just a bit scared last night, on my own, dark, quiet etc. I'm also in a mid terrace house, so you wonder why my particular window? Neighbour 2 doors up heard the bangs and came out, so it was a surprisingly loud noise for a few eggs.

Very good the neighbour came out! Must have made you feel a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Is there a Residents Association in your area? because you should contact them and embarrass them into action.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

I had the same problem where i live,i found out who was behind it and reported it to the local guards.As a result i was approched by the several members of our local "our childrens right to vandalize association" who are in total denial that their kids could ever do anything wrong.Not helped by the fact that im a blow in and the local guards are very slow to rock the boat and fall out with the locals.

Anyone got any tips for getting egg yolk out of concrete window sills? Lovely.

I'm scared of the "residents association" here tbh, Bonzos I think we must be neighbours...

@ Fingers - I am most definitely in a different area to where you thought I was. We iz hardcore here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

A couple of baseball cap + hoody wearing teenagers have just slammed a few eggs against my window. Which my head is about a foot away from.

It's after 11pm. I'm at the end of a cul de sac. I haven't had any disagreements with anyone.

I am starting to hate Sligo.

Are they local or coming in from neighbouring estates to intimidate etc?
    If they are local authority residents intimating other local authorty residents, then theres a big slap down on antisocial behavour isnt there, on paper anyway....Easier said than done reporting people if you feel that you could get a backlash. Otherwise if they are private I'd get the garda to give them a fright......(hope you have house alarm, but its a pain to have to resort to one, we are in the north west)
    Its bound to get more challenging, too as alot of the services that might have engaged them are no doubt going to the wall funding wise....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Anyone got any tips for getting egg yolk out of concrete window sills? Lovely.

50:50 bio washing powder and thick bleach with a scrub brush. You can let the mixture sit on there a bit after you've lathered it up. The bio powder should help with the protein in the egg yolk.

You wanna borrow Jake for a while? He's developed quite the alarming "big dog" bark when he hears something going on outside...

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Simple soloution get a shotgun and some cartridges. Take the top of the cartridge and take out the wad. The small lead shot will spill out and can now be replaced with uncooked rice or similar. Put the wad back in if you can and tape up using a small amount of selotape.
    Will cause almighty pain if aimed at rear end as they run away but not death. May be a bit extreme but there you go.

Honestly Tequila unless it become regular I would ignore it. Happenend to me when I first moved in to my house but it was over halloween so I ignored it. If you rise to it give chase etc they will know they have got a reaction and will keep pushing to see how mad they can make you. If they were real gurriers it would be stones not eggs. I know the eggs make a real loud noise as I lept off the couch when they did mine but as I said that was years ago and never got anything since, Thank God. remember its not personal just bored youths and your house wasprobably targeted for no reason at all.

:eek: @ shotgun, seems so wrong yet... :D

Xiney I should have known you'd have the chemical solution :D (Will email you x)

Tuppence (hiya!), they are local - parents couldn't care less, the usual. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Xiney wrote: »
    50:50 bio washing powder and thick bleach with a scrub brush. You can let the mixture sit on there a bit after you've lathered it up. The bio powder should help with the protein in the egg yolk.QUOTE]

Have you been watching a little too much of how clean is your house with Kim and Agee??:P

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry to hear about this Tequila! :(

PS - Every single cleaning solution on How Clean Is Your House involves tea-tree oil and washing up liquid!

They can feck right off!

I've never watched that show.

I think it would probably depress me. (my house isn't particularly clean)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I think it would probably depress me. (my house isn't particularly clean)

Not unless you live in absolute filth, The mank bags that are on that show are unreal.....

TMB, isn't you where you is when you posted the pic about what went up at the back of your house before?

Not unless you live in absolute filth, The mank bags that are on that show are unreal.....

I thought it was like normal houses where they show them that they're still not doing enough and look your pillows have dustmites which will kill you in your sleep and eat your heart because you don't steam clean them every day...

But like I said I've never watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

TMB, really sorry to hear that this happened. You are a good sweet person and the unfortunate victim of badly reared, out of control kids. Have no solution but offer full sympathies.

BB

TMB, really sorry to hear that this happened. You are a good sweet person and the unfortunate victim of badly reared, out of control kids. Have no solution but offer full sympathies.

BB

Aww, thank you all. It's been quiet since, so it doesn't appear to be a sustained campaign towards me. :p

• Advertisement

I'm glad - it could have been that they saw your head by the window and decided to scare you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

I'm glad - it could have been that they saw your head by the window and decided to scare you.

Ah now, you werent at the curtains again where you Tequila! :D

tuppence wrote: »
    Ah now, you werent at the curtains again where you Tequila! :D

Haha! 2 year old thread reference! Win!

:o

Advertisement