Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog hurt his throat today - Sunday Vet

Options
  • 28-02-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Do you know of a vet in the dublin area (D7 if possible) that is open on a sunday. My dog hurt his throat today. He seems very uncomfortable but not sure if it counts as an emergency for an after hours vet call. I threw a stick for him and it lodged at a 45 degree angle facing him and he ran full tilt into it Not sure if the impact was in his mouth or not as I cant see a mark. But he seems in pain and is not himself. He laid down, yelped and cried at the time but settled down after 5 mins and went to sleep when we got home, but later woke up and started shaking, which i thought might be shock (its his first time he hurt himself) so put a blanket on him and he soon stopped. He seems sore, but maybe its just brusing and there is nothing the vet can do. He hasn't drank or eating since we got home (9 hours). I'm pretty worried :((but I'm a worrier when it comes to my doggie)

Advice? - thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I know the UCD vet should be open tomorrow, they're not cheap mind, as they're out of hours, but you could call maybe even for advice (or if your own vet has out of hours number, even for advice). Because if your dogs done damage inside, that would probably prevent him from drinking or eating, because it'll be too sore to pass by. IF he's not even drunk any water in 9hours, he'll get dehydrated. See if he'll even lick some water off your fingers to try and get some into him. Tbh, I'd be worried myself.

Afaik UCD emergency vet number is (01)7166000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Botanic Veterinary Hospital,
    183 Botanic Road,
    Glasnevin,
    Dublin 9.

They're between the Botanic Gardens gate and the Pyramid church.
    I can totally recommend them, they've always been great with my cats.

They're open 10am to 12pm on Sundays and bank holidays.
    Consultations are by appointment only.
    Phone 8375543.
    http://www.anicare.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Thankss guys.

No need in the end, splept with me on Saturday and woke up a new dog on Sunday. Thank God, I thought I had killed my dog for a while :rolleyes:

Advertisement