Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speedee Gardee

Options
  • 28-02-2010 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

I was in Portlaois this evening.We(traffic) were just entering the town, there seemed to be slow moving traffic for some reason,Everyone was doing 50 in a 50 zone. As we approached one of Portlaois's 50 odd roundabouts i could see that there was a Volvo XC70 traffic corps car behind the slow offender.Anyway, on the first piece of solid white line after the roundabout the law enforcement overtook the "slow" driver and went ahead speeding along at at least 70 kph in a 50 zone

They were in no hurry BTW,They have emergency lights for that(and we eventually caught up with them at another roundabout at the garda station)everything was fine with these boyracers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Great story.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Did you report them?

EDIT - other than here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

oh for feck sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

Beasty wrote: »
    Did you report them?

EDIT - other than here
    How do you report boyracers that drive garda cars?

Thats a genuine question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I was in Portlaois this evening.We(traffic) were just entering the town, there seemed to be slow moving traffic for some reason,Everyone was doing 50 in a 50 zone. As we approached one of Portlaois's 50 odd roundabouts i could see that there was a Volvo XC70 traffic corps car behind the slow offender.Anyway, on the first piece of solid white line after the roundabout the law enforcement overtook the "slow" driver and went ahead speeding along at at least 70 kph in a 50 zone

They were in no hurry BTW,They have emergency lights for that(and we eventually caught up with them at another roundabout at the garda station)everything was fine with these boyracers.

XC70 was probably the RSU, i'd keep my mouth shut lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Seen them do it loads but when I done it at 65 in an 80 zone I got done :mad: I done it safely BTW and the car ahead was doing 55! I was stuck behind them for ages so the min I seen a safe opening I took it. Just wasnt arsed waiting another 50 yards for the broken line. From now on when I see them do it without blues and twos I'm taking their reg and making a report!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Bonito wrote: »
    Seen them do it loads but when I done it at 65 in an 80 zone I got done :mad: I done it safely BTW and the car ahead was doing 55! I was stuck behind them for ages so the min I seen a safe opening I took it. Just wasnt arsed waiting another 50 yards for the broken line. From now on when I see them do it without blues and twos I'm taking their reg and making a report!

good luck with that

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thats a genuine question!
    Mine wasn't:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

lonad wrote: »
    good luck with that
    Better chance winnin' the lotto! As much as I admire them I hate it when they go on their little power trips!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

who the **** cares

.......Me......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I freak out when the gaurds are driving behind me so much so that all im doing is concentrating on the speedometer checking my speed than the actual road

Id say sometimes the gaurds get pretty sick of people doing this being stuck behind people going so slow

cant blame them tbh

BluesBerry wrote: »
    I freak out when the gaurds are driving behind me so much so that all im doing is concentrating on the speedometer checking my speed than the actual road

Id say sometimes the gaurds get pretty sick of people doing this being stuck behind people going so slow

cant blame them tbh
    Try telling that to a gatso van

.......Me......

Like all jobs being a garda has perks. This is one of them. We would all do the same in their place, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Moved to the correct forum.

Like all jobs being a garda has perks. This is one of them. We would all do the same in their place, get over it.
    How ignorant are you?

The law is the law is the law and NO ONE is above it.Thats what we are told.

How ignorant are you?

I think you will find that members of the gardai are exempt from most traffic laws while on duty regardless of being on an emergency call or not. There are any number of reasons why they needed to overtake in this case.

Also they do not have to use sirens etc when on a call if they think they can progress quicker without making people panic.

I think you will find that members of the gardai are exempt from most traffic laws while on duty regardless of being on an emergency call or not. There are any number of reasons why they needed to overtake in this case.

Also they do not have to use sirens etc when on a call if they think they can progress quicker without making people panic.

Tea was gettin cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

How ignorant are you?

They are the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Moved to the correct forum.
    Really.....?!....could it not just be deleted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

Pointless thread.

The XC90 is specifically designed and issued only to the new Regional Response Unit, but yes, it has the same Battenburg markings as the Traffic Corp, which would be confusing to the ordinary man on the street. The main difference would be the red writing on the door saying "Armed Response Unit" and the LED scroller on the roof saying, among several pre-programmed messages, "Armed Garda Reponse Unit".

Best not to interfere if they're at work.

Advertisement