Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English HL notes!!

Options
  • 28-02-2010 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone would post notes for english like on poetry or general vision and viewpoint...im really stuck
    i hope people can help me out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 xbox360MAD

Thanks
    lets keep them coming
    the more we get, the better people can do in there leaving ....lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dpipistrelle

There's a book of notes you can get.. Called something like Key english exam notes for 2010. I got it and find it brilliant. Loads of sample answers. But it's best for if you're doing Lear as your main text and Dancing at Lughnasa, Il Postino and Lies of Silence for comparative. All the poets are in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

If you are doing wuthering heights, il postino, playboy of the western world there is a book called comparative 2010 by mary slatterly or suma, also has 2 other sets but i can't think of them off hand

Only like 10 euro or so but amazing for the comparative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

we're doing il postino, WH and playboy for our comparative. that book you're talking about sounds like the notes our teacher gives us. she must photocopy them. it'd be really worth buying it though. it goes through all of cultural context, gen vision and viewpoint and literary genre, in those 3 texts together. there's sample answers as well and all you have to do is look over them and you're sorted for comparative. no making up your own notes that mightn't even be right, and trying to learn them off!:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Yup thats it exactly, my teacher was photocopying notes for us but i just prefer to have it as the book, won't lose it that way, very helpfull :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 xbox360MAD

im doing dancing at lunhgnasa, billy eliot and the girl with the pearl earing
    anyone have anything??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dpipistrelle

Don't know if there are any sample answers there for those.. But if you go by the sample headings for each you won't go astray. Like for general vision and viewpoint- it is shown through the way the text opens, developes and concludes; key characters and relationships and the portrayal of society. It's easy enough to do out a model answer for yourself under these headings if you reference each text in relation to them.. It also makes it very easy to remember. Even if you look at some of the sample answers for different texts you'll get the idea.

Advertisement