Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP course and development

Options
  • 28-02-2010 1:41am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Out of habit i posted this in the web forum where i usually post stuff and forgot about the development forum so mods feel free to delete whichever is less relevant.

Does anyone know of a good course which would teach PHP to a good standard. I know in general the standard of web design and development courses in Ireland are poor but im wondering if there are any that give a good grounding in PHP development. It can be either at 3rd level or studying part time or a compressed course. Im aware of sites like Lynda.com etc but am more looking at a taught classroom type scenario if such a thing exists. Obviously there are a few places that do beginner courses and cover the basics but im wondering if there is anything more advanced out there?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Axwell wrote: »
    Im aware of sites like Lynda.com etc but am more looking at a taught classroom type scenario if such a thing exists. Obviously there are a few places that do beginner courses and cover the basics but im wondering if there is anything more advanced out there?
    There's an old expression that those who can, do. And those who can't, teach. In this respect, when it comes to advanced PHP stuff, it would be better getting some books and subscribing to PHP mailing lists.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

jmcc wrote: »
    There's an old expression that those who can, do. And those who can't, teach. In this respect, when it comes to advanced PHP stuff, it would be better getting some books and subscribing to PHP mailing lists.

Regards...jmcc
    +1 indeed! - PHP is easy and you just learn as you need. It all comes together later. I wouldn't be paying anyone to be teaching me anyways.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.tog.ie/2010/02/php-for-beginners

Sorry the class is fully booked. Would you like to get a note for the next class? Cool, send us a message via the form!

Due to demand there should be another one soon and an advanced one too.

Advertisement