Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Street Fighter 4 Tier List

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bush, how many players can even do kara-EX Green hand?
    Last I remember even Dreddy said his execution was 20% or so, at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Bush, how many players can even do kara-EX Green hand?
    Last I remember even Dreddy said his execution was 20% or so, at best.

Is it really hard, ye? Ive played a few zangiefs who can do it more or less everytime though

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Bush wrote:
    Missed this post somehow. I dunno how you could see it being any worse than 6/4. Zangief can punish balls with kara ex green hand and punish up balls ON HIT. If zangief gets a knockdown blanka is ****ed whereas blanka cant really do anything to hurt zangief. If he couldnt punish upball on hit id agree alright.

I don't really see how Blanka is ****ed against Gief if he is knockdown. Blanka has excellent options to beat Giefs guessing game on wake up, namely electricity and Ex.Upball because Giefs guessing game normally starts via a cross up.

Can Ex. Rainbow Ball not evade ground pressure on wake up.

Also no one can do anything to Gief on knock down so nothing specific to Blanka there.

Also Blanka has decent options for dealing with Gief larait which alot of other character don't have.

And do you seriously think Blanka is 8:2 against Sagat, I mean thats the same rating Gief has for Seth and even Dan is only rated 3:7 against Sagat.

Aside from that I think the main issue with this tier list is the console characters. Many people don't trust the Japanese tiers for them because its believed they don't play these characters at high levels.

If you remove the console characters the aracade tier list would look like this.

1st Sagat
    2nd Akuma
    3rd Ryu
    4th Chun-Li & Rufus
    6th Zangief
    7th Balrog
    8th Blanka
    9th M.Bison & C.Viper
    11th Abel
    12th Dhalsim
    13th E.Honda and Ken
    15th El Feurte
    16th Guile
    17th Vega

Akuma moves from 3rd to second.
    Balrog drops from joint 4th to 7th
    Chun-Li moves from 7th to joint 4th.
    Dhalsim jumps 2 arcade character (Honda and Ken)

I think its easy enough to rate the console characters against each other but hard to place them in the tier list.

Of the console characters I'd rate them in this order, with the best starting at the top.

Seth
    Cammy
    Gouken
    Rose
    Fei-Long
    Sakura
    Gen
    Dan

I believe Seth and Cammy belong in upper mid tier, but not sure where exactly. Gouken and Rose lower mid tier and Sakura and Gen low tier but better than Vega.

I think Cammy is the only character significantly out of place.

I think Dan is clearly bottom tier below even Vega.

Azza wrote: »
    I don't really see how Blanka is ****ed against Gief if he is knockdown. Blanka has excellent options to beat Giefs guessing game on wake up, namely electricity and Ex.Upball because Giefs guessing game normally starts via a cross up.

Can Ex. Rainbow Ball not evade ground pressure on wake up.

Also no one can do anything to Gief on knock down so nothing specific to Blanka there.

Also Blanka has decent options for dealing with Gief larait which alot of other character don't have.

And do you seriously think Blanka is 8:2 against Sagat, I mean thats the same rating Gief has for Seth and even Dan is only rated 3:7 against Sagat.

Who in their right mind uses electricity as a wake up move? Ex upball can be punished on hit. You can rainbow roll away alright but its hard to get meter if hes on top of you all the time. That jump head butt thing beats ex rainbow roll too so you have to be careful getting out of the corner with it. Ive seen gief players say this is 5/5

The sagat match is a joke. He can kara uppercut balls on block and up balls on hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Bush80 wrote: »
    He can kara uppercut balls on block and up balls on hit.

He can, that french lad aliouine?? was on SRK and said he can hit vert and hori balls on hit with kara uppercut.

• Advertisement

Sagat06 wrote: »
    He can, that french lad aliouine?? was on SRK and said he can hit vert and hori balls on hit with kara uppercut.

Ive played him, it wasnt pretty, lol. He does stuff that even the japanese dont do. If i tried to ex rainbow out of the corner he would hit me with rh twice on the other side, ultra if he had it. I was trapped in the corner with tiger knees. Ive never felt so helpless before. Hes an absolute beast.

I dont think hes going to that tourney but it would interesting to see how he would get on against daigo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

And he's a pad player too!!
    Azza wrote: »
    Blanka has excellent options to beat Giefs guessing game on wake up, namely electricity and Ex.Upball because Giefs guessing game normally starts via a cross up.

echo what bush said there, if you elec on wakeup your eating a 360 and ex up ball is not safe on hit. If you cannot build up meter in this matchup you are truly f*cked!!

Sagat06 wrote: »
    And he's a pad player too!!

echo what bush said there, if you elec on wakeup your eating a 360 and ex up ball is not safe on hit. If you cannot build up meter in this matchup you are truly f*cked!!

Ye the gief should be close enough to blanka so he cant elec to build meter cos he can ex green hand it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Bush wrote:
    Who in their right mind uses electricity as a wake up move? Ex upball can be punished on hit. You can rainbow roll away alright but its hard to get meter if hes on top of you all the time. That jump head butt thing beats ex rainbow roll too so you have to be careful getting out of the corner with it. Ive seen gief players say this is 5/5

True no one in there right mind would use electricity as a wake up if being pressured with meaty pokes or tick into SPD.

But thats not what I mean't.

Gief gets his guessing game going by crossing you up on wake up with body splash or his jump knee attack, these can be beat with electricity, it beats most of Gief jump ins or trades preventing Gief from getting his 50/50 game going. Upball knocks down if it hits the cross up in's in the air.

At least ex.Rainbow ball gives you a chance of getting out of the corner when your pinned. And from reading the forums Blanka can outfootsie Gief with his normals.

Im not saying its easy for zangief or anything but its not worse than 6/4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Bush80 wrote: »
    Im not saying its easy for zangief or anything but its not worse than 6/4

Id tend to agree with Bush on this one. Coming from a blanka player this match was won by more blankas at the start than not, but in my opinion the gap has been closed alot. 5/5 would seem fair to me. As a blanka its hard not to B.Roll when a chance arises but the lariat can be too quick and pressure follows, hence swinging alot of rounds. Well this is my 2cents at my lvl and the lvl i play against :D

PS. i tend to get in blankas ultra more often in this match up as giefs can get a bit excited when your down. Just another option to add to blankas wake up along with Azza's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Kara green hand isn't that hard if you walk forward too, alioune is an absolute ****ing beast and was at Cannes, I don't think the matchup is worse than 6-4 blanka

edit: no way is it 5-5 imo though

Advertisement