Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia e63 Wifi probs after debranding

• 28-02-2010 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

I've recently unlocked and debranded my e63.

I switched from the 3 Ireland firmware to a Euro Generic firmware for the english keyboard.

Now the way in which it handles wifi/packet data seems to have changed.

The phone used to connect easily to my home router from my room, now it can only find the connection half the time.
    When the phone does not find the access point or loses connection to the access point, it often automatically switches to packet data without prompting me. As I'm now on Meteor, data is **** + expensive. My first tenner of credit went in less than a day due to this weird behavior.

Is there a way to change this back to the original behavior or a way to access options beyond those in the wifi advanced menu (signal strength is already at max (100mW) as well as RTS threshold (2347ms)).
    Theoretically, the phone should be just as capable now as before, and as the firmware was upgraded from 100.x to 400.x, I was expecting an increase in wireless performance!

Any ideas? I can't flash the phone again as the firmware on it is current.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can delete the meteor access point, or restrict it form making a connection.

Menu > Tools > Settings > Connection > APN control > options. Then either select 'Activate restrictions' or 'Remove'

Select Menu > Tools > Settings > Connection > Wireless LAN.
    To have the indicator displayed when there is a WLAN
    available, select Show WLAN availability to 'Yes'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Davy wrote: »
    You can delete the meteor access point, or restrict it form making a connection.

Already did that. The phone still seems to slip occasionally into a packet mode and costs EVEN MORE than advertised. It does this without access point prompt.

Does anyone here know what the difference is between e63
    code 0582794 (3 Ireland) version 100.x.x and
    code 0561988 (Euro - A) version 400.x.x
    with regards to wifi drivers, etc?

Advertisement