Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Hotel Thread

Options
  • 28-02-2010 5:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

Hi, I know there's a few hotel threads here already, but I specifically need a decent but cheap hotel as close to the Odyssey Arena as possible for myself and a mate. It doesn't have to be luxurious in any sense as it will literally just be for sleeping and a shower. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

I would try Premier Inn on Waring Street or Ramada Encore at St Annes Square. Both 10 mins walking distance from Odyssey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Paul4As wrote: »
    I would try Premier Inn on Waring Street or Ramada Encore at St Annes Square. Both 10 mins walking distance from Odyssey.

Nice one, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Neither of them are what I'd call cheap. OP, you'd be better off getting somewhere cheaper in South Belfast and getting a taxi. The city centre is not a huge place. You should be able to get a room at Days Hotel for 50 Euro for the pair of yous. Alternatively, theres plenty of Hostels around if you want to go even cheaper.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Neither of them are what I'd call cheap. OP, you'd be better off getting somewhere cheaper in South Belfast and getting a taxi. The city centre is not a huge place. You should be able to get a room at Days Hotel for 50 Euro for the pair of yous. Alternatively, theres plenty of Hostels around if you want to go even cheaper.

£60 a twin room (for Ramada Encore or Premier Inn excluding breakfast) for a nice new hotel which is what the OP requires...near to the Odyssey!!!
    £60 for a twin room is what they are quoting on their websites...well £61 on Ramada Encore website!!
    You could find the rooms cheaper on websites such as superbreak, octopus travel or otel!!!
    As for getting taxis from South Belfast...probably £10 return or more...plus the hassle of getting a cab from the Odyssey which can be difficult after concerts or at the end of the night!!!

m@cc@ wrote: »

The Days Hotel on Hope Street is quoting £59 for a twin room (breakfast excluded) on their website.
    The Days is probably a 20 minute walk from the Odyssey!

• Advertisement

The Days Hotel on Hope Street is quoting £59 for a twin room (breakfast excluded) on their website.
    The Days is probably a 20 minute walk from the Odyssey!

Depends on the OP's date but I wouldn't book from a hotel's website anyway. £45 is what I've been quoted http://www.booking.com/. As the OP states in their opening post, it's for sleeping and a shower. Plus there's a taxi rank outside the Odyssey which is always full up on nights out. It's £10 retrun between two people. I'm just saying, if the OP's wants cheap, they'd be just as well getting one further away from the Odyssey. If they're travelling to Belfast, those hotels are a bit a walk away from the main bus/train stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

It's for the Pearl Jam gig on the 23rd June. So ideally we'd like somewhere with decent night life as well. Neither of us has a clue where we'd be going, hence the location requirement. Obviously taxis are a solution. For the sake of £10 or £15 though we would stretch the hotel budget for the right location.

Adyx wrote: »
    It's for the Pearl Jam gig on the 23rd June. So ideally we'd like somewhere with decent night life as well. Neither of us has a clue where we'd be going, hence the location requirement. Obviously taxis are a solution. For the sake of £10 or £15 though we would stretch the hotel budget for the right location.

Well if you like Pearl Jam, then none of the clubs in the Odyssey are going to be for you (or me for that matter). If you don't mind a few extra quid for a hotel, then the other hotels suggested would be fine. Plus, around that area there a whack of decent bars. Duke of York, Black Box, Whites (not sure if that's still open). Then you've got the Limelight on Ormeau Avenue which as alternative as you'll get. Dunno what age you are but if it's 18-21 then that'll be the spot for you. Depends when the gig ends I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Belfast is indeed cheap OP. I recently stayed in the Hilton, Belfast at 99stg for a double room, so you should find something decent for 50 quid a room.
    Don't bother with the city centre for nightlife, its dead. Go to the other places other posters have suggested.

gurramok wrote: »
    Don't bother with the city centre for nightlife, its dead. Go to the other places other posters have suggested.

I wouldn't say it's dead, I just find the bars in there pretentious. Also, to the OP, you should find that going out is a lot cheaper than what you'd find in Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement