Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipod nano radio

• 28-02-2010 5:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

Just bought an ipod nano and I'm having a couple of problems with the radio. I can hear the radio on headphones but when I put the ipod in the docking station all I get is static. The radio stations won't seem to play on the docking station at all.

Also, when I tried to save stations in 'my favourites' by holding down the central button as they say in the instructions, nothing seems to happen.

Thanks for any assistance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

The radio uses the earphones as the antenna, as far as I know. Have you tried docking it while having the earphones in?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Groucho10

Hi Baza,

I tried that, and with the headphones in the ipod it won't fit into the docking station slot. I tried to put the headphones into the 'audio in' slot at the back of the station but just static again.

Oh yeah, I forgot the Nano had the earphones jack at the bottom... the only thing I could think of would be drilling a hole in the holder and trying to fit the earphones in that way...

Is the iPod sitting in one of those dock adaptors?

iPod%20Universal%20dock%20adaptor%203-Pack%20iPod%20Nano.jpg

If you put the Nano in without the adaptor, then maybe you could fit a 90 degree in under it
    RA3.5to3.5Adaptor.jpg
    and plug the earphones into that. Or just use some earphones that terminate in a 90 degree jack, if you have them.

No, the ipod is not sitting in one of those adaptors, just straight onto the docking staion connection. The docking station is called "iwant it". I actually fond an audio lead that comes with it that plugs into "audio in" on the station and then directly to the ipod headphone socket, without putting the ipod directly onto the station itself. That works, although the reception fluctuates as their is nothing acting as an aerial.

I'll try your jack idea.

Thanks

Well I guess the interconnection lead is what's being used as the aerial. Try stretching it out to its full length or creating a vertical loop out of it if that's possible.

• Advertisement

That worked better Baza,

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

How are things Guys - Saw this thread & thought I'd ask a question if thats ok?

:)

Is the FM Radio in the Ipod any good?

Just wondering what the reception is like as I can't seem to find any reviews based in Ireland of the quality of D'signals.

Is it same / worse / better than the kind of radio you'd get on a mobile phone?

Cheers,

J

Advertisement