Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers v Celtic match thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That man Edu. Rangers thoroughly deserve that for all their dominance.

That's the title for Rangers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Bougherra stays on when he should be off and sets up the winning goal. Edu is worth his goal though, he played really well when he came on

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

League over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Bougherra shoulda been off, absolute joke that he managed to stay on for the 90!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Title winning goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Brown sending off and Bougherra lasting the 90 minutes wont help to change Celtic opinion that the big decisions always go against them (recently) in old firm games

Charlie Nicholls was hilarious in the post match

any one else hear him? "Lafferty constantly has an influence on the old firm games, but ill tell you its nothing to do with ability, cause he doesnt have any"

brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Boruc was brilliant, Hinkel was good, can anyone suggest one other Celtic player who would recieve pass marks from that game? N'Guemo probably the worst player on the pitch IMO. What a shambles, 11 disorganised individuals on the pitch against one determined team.

Well done Rangers, Celtic never deserved anything out of that game or indeed this season.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Charco wrote: »
    Boruc was brilliant, Hinkel was good, can anyone suggest one other Celtic player who would recieve pass marks from that game? N'Guemo probably the worst player on the pitch IMO. What a shambles, 11 disorganised individuals on the pitch against one determined team.

Well done SFA refs, Celtic never deserved anything out of that game or indeed this season.

Fixed that for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

PauloMN wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya.

You know what, I just can't bring myself to feel aggrieved this time round. Yes it was a stupid decision to send off Brown, yes Lafferty is a ****, yes Bougherra should have been off, but the better team won this time. For Celtic to have gotten anything out of that game would have been pure robbery on Rangers who actually looked like they wanted to win unlike Celtic. For the whole time Celtic had 11 players they were completely played off the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Some of the comments on here really show how paranoid you lot can be.
    I will agree the Lafferty incident was a joke yellow for both of them would have been the correct decision.
    Funny how you all conveniently forgot the stonewall penalty we didn't get when Hinkel brought Edu down in the box.
    But you no something I don't really care 10 points :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

You know what, i cant even be bothered quoting all the whining in here and replying to it.

After all the bull**** this week whith your secret meetings and your constant pressure from players officials and manager on the referee, then if he did have a bad game, then did your pressure help?

Get it roon' ye!

dancing_banana.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I will agree the Lafferty incident was a joke yellow for both of them would have been the correct decision.
    Funny how you all conveniently forgot the stonewall penalty we didn't get when Hinkel brought Edu down in the box.

Come on now, stop extracting the urine... that was never a penalty!

I would also like to echo the sentiments regarding the red card.. it was either a red for both, a yellow for both or nothing for both.

As for Bougherra... he was kicking Celtic players up and down the park during the whole game and never gets his 2nd yellow? Dodgy dodgy stuff from the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Not sure if that was a peno, didn't think Hinkel fouled him but will look at it again.

Strange that another BIG decision went against us... there's way too many that go against us, doesn't seem to happen as much the other way around.

Lafferty taking another dive was utterly disgraceful behaviour.

Anyway, we deserved nothing from the game and nothing from this season, there's only been one team in Scotland this year.

Come on now, stop extracting the urine... that was never a penalty!

I would also like to echo the sentiments regarding the red card.. it was either a red for both, a yellow for both or nothing for both.

As for Bougherra... he was kicking Celtic players up and down the park during the whole game and never gets his 2nd yellow? Dodgy dodgy stuff from the ref.

Really hard to argue with any of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Its almost as if the referee proved a point by a ridicilious sending off and not dealing with Bougherra.....

Rangers will win the league and remain solvent. All arranged down the lodge.

Its almost as if the referee proved a point by a ridicilious sending off and not dealing with Bougherra.....

Rangers will win the league and remain solvent. All arranged down the lodge.

Oh FFS grow up the stench of paranoia emanating from Celtic and there fans is becoming ridiculous.
    You never threatened our goal at all today One scuffed shot and one well saved by McGregor if you don't out goalkeepers under more pressure than that you don't win games as our far superior goal difference shows :P

Oh FFS grow up the stench of paranoia emanating from Celtic and there fans is becoming ridiculous.
    You never threatened our goal at all today One scuffed shot and one well saved by McGregor if you don't out goalkeepers under more pressure than that you don't win games as our far superior goal difference shows :P

...and refereeing decisions??? Do they even themselves out over the course of a season?

...and refereeing decisions??? Do they even themselves out over the course of a season?

Not always no you have a few against you this season as we did in the 2007/08 season just the way it is mate.
    As I said in my earlier post though he got the Lafferty/Brown thing all wrong but thats the way it goes personally I would be happy if I never seen that big streak of piss in a Rangers jersey again :p

Open your eyes. That was disgraceful reffing today on two counts - one to send Brown off and not punish Lurch, and the other to leave Bougherra on. He was on yellow like 5 mins into the game ffs, and I must have counted at least 5 or 6 further bad tackles that he got away with.

Celtic have been hopeless this season but that is a separate issue. Nobody is denying that. Having a bad season is hard enough to cope with when the refs do their job properly, but when they act like that clown today, there's no hope.

I'm so pissed off about it still. Didn't expect to win, and had Rangers not cheated their way to another win, I'd not have been too put out by it. But like I said earlier, that ref performance is total vindication of the news this week about poor refereeing when it comes to big decisions directly affecting Celtic.

Roll on next season.

• Advertisement

Open your eyes. That was disgraceful reffing today on two counts - one to send Brown off and not punish Lurch, and the other to leave Bougherra on. He was on yellow like 5 mins into the game ffs, and I must have counted at least 5 or 6 further bad tackles that he got away with.

Celtic have been hopeless this season but that is a separate issue. Nobody is denying that. Having a bad season is hard enough to cope with when the refs do their job properly, but when they act like that clown today, there's no hope.

I'm so pissed off about it still. Didn't expect to win, and had Rangers not cheated their way to another win, I'd not have been too put out by it. But like I said earlier, that ref performance is total vindication of the news this week about poor refereeing when it comes to big decisions directly affecting Celtic.

Roll on next season.

Don't need to open my eyes mate yes Bougherra walked a fine line today N'guemo got away with umpteen tackles in the first half and should have been booked eventually he got booked in the second half very lucky to stay on the park. Really this Rangers cheated again stuff is becoming pitiful. As WS put it your club didn't even have the decency to come out of the closet with there accusations which by the way now that was a despicable attempt to influence the referee.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

ref was a disgrace today. celtic need to find a way out of the SPL asap (even if it means starting in english league 2 imo :eek: ) - we will never get a fair deal from SFA refs :(

Don't need to open my eyes mate yes Bougherra walked a fine line today N'guemo got away with umpteen tackles in the first half and should have been booked eventually he got booked in the second half very lucky to stay on the park. Really this Rangers cheated again stuff is becoming pitiful. As WS put it your club didn't even have the decency to come out of the closet with there accusations which by the way now that was a despicable attempt to influence the referee.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm disgusted with that game today, disgusted. I just couldn't believe my eyes with the decisions. I can't see how a neutral watching that game today would not have seen the bias. Lafferty cheated and got away scot free, and the gas thing is we all know he even has previous form for cheating.

As for Smith's comments - I didn't hear him, but I disagree. If Celtic had gone public straight away with their complaints, they'd just have got the usual paranoia stuff thrown at them. It's none of Smith's business anyway so he should keep his nose out of it. It's an issue between Celtic and the SFA.

Anyway I'm not talking about ****e Scottish refs anymore. Have to say I thought Hinkel and Boruc were both superb today. Rogne was doing well until his injury and overall I was happy with the first half, aside from MAF's poor miss. Would have liked Rasmussen on, not Samaras though, and I'd have hooked MAF rather than McGeady, even though McGeady didn't have a great game - MAF was getting no joy at all.

Brown - I just don't know what he offers the team. I wasn't impressed with him today and haven't been overall, especially under Mowbray. Jury out on Braafheid. Thompson did quite well also.

Should have been good for a point today had all the nonsense not gone on, maybe even a win. But there's no doubt that Mowbray isn't getting it right at the moment.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm disgusted with that game today, disgusted. I just couldn't believe my eyes with the decisions. I can't see how a neutral watching that game today would not have seen the bias. Lafferty cheated and got away scot free, and the gas thing is we all know he even has previous form for cheating.

As for Smith's comments - I didn't hear him, but I disagree. If Celtic had gone public straight away with their complaints, they'd just have got the usual paranoia stuff thrown at them. It's none of Smith's business anyway so he should keep his nose out of it. It's an issue between Celtic and the SFA.

Anyway I'm not talking about ****e Scottish refs anymore. Have to say I thought Hinkel and Boruc were both superb today. Rogne was doing well until his injury and overall I was happy with the first half, aside from MAF's poor miss. Would have liked Rasmussen on, not Samaras though, and I'd have hooked MAF rather than McGeady, even though McGeady didn't have a great game - MAF was getting no joy at all.

Brown - I just don't know what he offers the team. I wasn't impressed with him today and haven't been overall, especially under Mowbray. Jury out on Braafheid. Thompson did quite well also.

Should have been good for a point today had all the nonsense not gone on, maybe even a win. But there's no doubt that Mowbray isn't getting it right at the moment.

Of course it's an issue for Smith and every other manager in the SPL if it comes to that. :confused:

Of course it's an issue for Smith and every other manager in the SPL if it comes to that. :confused:

If it comes to what?

Not quite as bad as this, but made the most of it, both should have gotten yellows

Was thinking of that one earlier, the wink as well - anyone see Bougherra winking towards the bench with that "I can't believe I'm still on the pitch" look? ;)

If it comes to what?

Paul you are not stupid you know as well as I do what I meant if Celtic are going to the SFA with a dossier about how harshly they have been treated then all the clubs involved in these games have a right to know and before you know it every club in the SPL will be heading to the SFA with there own lists of grievances its a slippery slope Paul

Paul you are not stupid you know as well as I do what I meant if Celtic are going to the SFA with a dossier about how harshly they have been treated then all the clubs involved in these games have a right to know and before you know it every club in the SPL will be heading to the SFA with there own lists of grievances its a slippery slope Paul

So they should sit and do nothing?

Unless some action were to happen, or the SFA confirmed further investigation, it is between the club and the SFA. Simple as. It's a discussion at this point, nothing else and nobody elses' business, not Smith's, nobody's.

In any case, you and I and everyone else knows nothing will come of it. This is Scotland we're talking about, this is the SFA, and this is Celtic. Nothing will come of it, but it has to be raised nonetheless.

Only solution imo is foreign refs.

So they should sit and do nothing?

Unless some action were to happen, or the SFA confirmed further investigation, it is between the club and the SFA. Simple as. It's a discussion at this point, nothing else and nobody elses' business, not Smith's, nobody's.

In any case, you and I and everyone else knows nothing will come of it. This is Scotland we're talking about, this is the SFA, and this is Celtic. Nothing will come of it, but it has to be raised nonetheless.

Only solution imo is foreign refs.

Balls have you seen how bad some of the foreign refs are really if you honestly believe that refs are favouring Rangers then you are deluded mate if they were Celtic would never have won there 9 in a row as refs could have got away with a lot more then because there was a lot less television coverage

Balls have you seen how bad some of the foreign refs are really if you honestly believe that refs are favouring Rangers then you are deluded mate if they were Celtic would never have won there 9 in a row as refs could have got away with a lot more then because there was a lot less television coverage

MAF disallowed goal v Rangers, Motherwell onside goal disallowed v Rangers (that one was a shocker), Boyd should have been off for a blatant elbow v Hibs, Lafferty could have broken Hinkel's leg in Jan game, gets yellow - shocking challenge, straight red imo.

These are all recent, there's plenty more and the points add up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

I see the usual whinning evident on boards.ie Celtic residents... Blame the refs, they are the reason Celtic are potentially 13 points behind etc etc.. Talking about MAF 'goal' in last game even though there is clear evidence to show it wasn't a goal etc..

Refs make mistakes, for every decision that has gone against Celtic, there will be one that has gone their way in recent seasons. Why the hell was brown boaring like a young bull? Thats all he does, run about alot. He put himself in a situation where ref had to make a decision and he called it as a red? Bhoys, think about this, if Brown didnt boar like a bull would he have been sent off? Eh no, funny that? Take responsibility Bhoys about your team.

Celtic are quite frankly becoming a laughing stock, no CL football next season against, failing incomes etc, conspiracy theories etc etc

Rangers deserved to win the title this year because they are far the better team. End of story?

McGeady, yesterday? 10m pound player?? Your having a laugh, your having an absolute laugh. Absolute shocking performance from him. Player of the year I suppose??

Congrats to the Rangers lads on here, enjoy it, be thankful that you have such a great manager in charge of you because thats the difference between the two teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Brewster wrote: »
    I see the usual whinning evident on boards.ie Celtic residents... Blame the refs, they are the reason Celtic are potentially 13 points behind etc etc.. Talking about MAF 'goal' in last game even though there is clear evidence to show it wasn't a goal etc..

Refs make mistakes, for every decision that has gone against Celtic, there will be one that has gone their way in recent seasons. Why the hell was brown boaring like a young bull? Thats all he does, run about alot. He put himself in a situation where ref had to make a decision and he called it as a red? Bhoys, think about this, if Brown didnt boar like a bull would he have been sent off? Eh no, funny that? Take responsibility Bhoys about your team.

Celtic are quite frankly becoming a laughing stock, no CL football next season against, failing incomes etc, conspiracy theories etc etc

Rangers deserved to win the title this year because they are far the better team. End of story?

McGeady, yesterday? 10m pound player?? Your having a laugh, your having an absolute laugh. Absolute shocking performance from him. Player of the year I suppose??

Congrats to the Rangers lads on here, enjoy it, be thankful that you have such a great manager in charge of you because thats the difference between the two teams.

Even as a neutral that is a shockingly bad post.

It goes on about generalizations and completely ignores the individual aspects of yesterday's game that fans (and neutrals) are upset about.

Lol. Can't and won't say anything else on that.

I was over in Twickenham on Saturday for a fabulous game of rugby, played with passion and intensity. Ireland got the better of a close game, and one big decision went against England late in game which could have changed final outcome of game. Did the England supporters harp on about this after game? Hell they didnt, they spend the night shaking the hands of every Irish supporter in their midst and took they defeat with good grace.

If Celtic fans had a fraction of the good grace of the England supporters in South West London on Sat night, the world would be a better place.

It has got to stage now, that any match Celtic fail to win, its the ref's fault. It has got to stop. I got of fed up posting on the forum here because the Celtic fans are so blinkered.

noodler wrote: »
    Even as a neutral that is a shockingly bad post.

It goes on about generalizations and completely ignores the individual aspects of yesterday's game that fans (and neutrals) are upset about.

Whats bad about it? If you had read the whinning from Celtic fans in recent times on here, you'd completely understand where I am coming from.

Not even going to debate it Brewster. As a Rangers man, you'll never get it. Let's go no further with it before it gets out of hand. It's just pointless.

I think you have the blinkers on now. That was an even game but for the refereeing decisions that, yet again, all went in Rangers favour.

You obviously will not admit it, but Celtic were 100% right to call the SFA on the referees. Whether its that they simply fold in Ibrox or there is a conspiracy is up to each individual to decide, but Celtic have the moral victory after that appaling partisan display from the mason in black.

Not even going to debate it Brewster. As a Rangers man, you'll never get it. Let's go no further with it before it gets out of hand. It's just pointless.

Paul, I kept my counsel over last few weeks, but it gets to a point when you have to comment. Reading about the excuses/conspiracy theories from Celtic fans would drive anybody to be a Rangers fan to be frank about it. I watched game in covent garden with a load of football fans, and the overall consesus after was that Rangers won game and deserved too because they wanted it more. Not because ref handed it to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If the Ref thing was true then we would hear it from a referee at some point down the line.

I just think it was a bunch of homer decisions tbh.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    If the Ref thing was true then we would hear it from a referee at some point down the line.

I just think it was a bunch of homer decisions tbh.

Absolutely, the marginal decisions went in Rangers favour, I am not denying this. He could have awarded a yellow to Brown, but he saw it as a red. Brown was in refs ear all day giving him grief, and sometimes this will influence a refs decision. He is only human, put yourself in his shoes. However, to even suggest, that the ref goes "Oh, this is a good time to help Rangers, Ill give this guy a red" is laughable.

Absolutely, the marginal decisions went in Rangers favour, I am not denying this. He could have awarded a yellow to Brown, but he saw it as a red. Brown was in refs ear all day giving him grief, and sometimes this will influence a refs decision. He is only human, put yourself in his shoes. However, to even suggest, that the ref goes "Oh, this is a good time to help Rangers, Ill give this guy a red" is laughable.

At absolutely every juncture this season the referreing decions have gone Rangers way. Every single one. In a season when Rangers need to win the league to survive.

Celtic of course need to sort out their own house on the playing front, but as Jim Gannon said before he was hounded out of Motherwell, the pro-Rangers bias from the match officials is a stain on Scottish football.

He's the captain, of course he'll be in the refs ear ffs. No problem with Brown getting punished, yellow for both imo. Lafferty is a known cheat, dived again yesterday, hands up in the air - the whole lot, and got NOTHING. I was truly stunned - I saw the red coming out for Brown and thought "harsh, but Lafferty will be following him". I should have known ****ing better against Rangers.

Bougherra fouled time and time again - I literally lost count AFTER his yellow, and played a part in the winning goal while Brown was sitting in the dressing room. That is unacceptable.

He's only human yes, but anyone could see the two key issues - Brown being off and Bougherra being left on - were very clear and easy decisions to make. There was nothing uncertain about either. Bougherra gave the ref about 6 or 7 possible fouls to be off ffs!

Rangers were better this season, no arguements there. I've put my hand up before when Celtic have been beaten and said the other team were the better team, no problem. Yesterday though made me sick with the decisions in a make or break game. You might as well not turn up with refs like that making calls like that.

Ok, now that im over the whole thing a little bit, maybe i can write a slightly more sensible post without dancing bananas.

In the build up to the game, an "unnamed club source" decided to leak the news that Celtic had been holding secret meetings with the SFA regarding referees.
    This in itself is ridiculous in my opinion.

The whole thing was designed for two things, and that was a) to put pressure on Dougie McDonald during yesterdays game and b) to create the kind of outrage among Celtic fans, which once again has deflected from how shockingly poor their team actually is. And yesterday they were a lot worse than i have seen for a long time.

To be honest, i have every bit as much issue with the SFA on this matter as i do Celtic.
    Could you imagine the noises coming out of Celtic Park if the SFA was holding these secret meetings with Rangers officials? it doesnt bear thinking about.

Add to this comments coming from Mr Mowbray and various players during the week, all of which were focused on the referee, and you only had one outcome, a game where from the first whistle, Celtic fans were analysing the ref and lost sight of the game. This is evident in this thread and others like it, and also in the papers and phone ins of today and yesterday.

Onto the game itself, the first half was a fairly end to end affair, nice to see given the defensive approach that Rangers have used to "kill" this fixture in the past.
    Yeah, there were some meaty challenges but nothing out of the ordinary in my honest opinion.

2 Players recieved bookings in the first 10 minutes. Bougherra and Fortune both for their first tackles of the game.
    After this Bougherra gave away 3 or 4 fouls in the first half, so yeah he was probably lucky to stay on the field, but we need to look at how the referee handled everything outside the first 10 minutes to see a clearer picture.

Landry N'Guemo commited a foul, very similar to that which both Fortune and Bougherra were booked for, on about 12 minutes, and saw no card.
    He then went on to commit, at least the same amount of fouls as Bougherra but saw no booking untill the 75th minute or thereabouts.

For some reason Celtic fans cant quite remember this though...funny that.

Rangers dissalowed goal, Maurice Edu struck it sweetly considering that it was his first touch of the ball, however Kenny Miller handled the ball just before hand.
    Was he pushed in the back? Maybe a litte, but i dont think that should have caused his hands to rise like that.
    Good call by the ref.

Second half and Rangers came out of the blocks big style, wave after wave of pressure for 20 minutes with Cewtic seeing very little of the ball at all. Another little point that Celtic fans cant see, in regards to their team. They were crumbling at this stage.

The penalty decision. There were two tackles, the first one was a great challenge, given that it was in the 6 yard box.
    The ball then dropped and O'Dea went lunged at it, hitiing the Rangers player with both of his legs stopping him from controlling the ball in what was a goal scoring situation.

Stone Wall Penalty in my eyes.

The sending off, Brown was a little unlucky i have to admit.
    Both players got involved in a little bit of afters, which normally would see both players getting booked, or even nothing happening at all.
    However i have seen players get sent off for a hell of a lot less, it was soft, but Brown was also stupid.
    Maybe if Celtic fans werent so busy watching the ref...they might see that.

After the sending off, Celtic sat back and defended extremely well. In fact it really looked like a draw was on the cards from about that point.

At the goal, great fight from Rangers, but awful goalkeeping from Boruc.

I think that covers most of the bases. The Referee got 2 major decisions wrong.
    A Penalty Claim for Rangers, and a Sending off for Celtic.

As for the decisions Tony Mowbray and the rest of Celtic Football Club got wrong, not only on the day, but during the week leading up to this game.
    I'll leave that for you guys to decide...but it might mean you have to pay attention to something other than Masonic Establishment Conspiracies for a little while. ;)

Couple of wee stats for you guys that might help to make a clearer picture.

Fouls

Rangers 15 - 15 Celtic

Attempts on Target

Rangers 11 - 2 Celtic

Corners

Rangers 10 - 0 Celtic

I reckon they say quite a lot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlFpHriMd8A&feature=player_embedded

Only wish Mowbray had this guys balls.

To compare the number of fouls committed by N'Guemo to Bougherra is laughable. Other than N'Guemo probably deserving a yellow earlier than he got one, no comparison imo.

Like I say, no point in turning up with refs like that.

• Advertisement

To compare the number of fouls committed by N'Guemo to Bougherra is laughable. Other than N'Guemo probably deserving a yellow earlier than he got one, no comparison imo.

Like I say, no point in turning up with refs like that.

How is it laughable Paul?

You say it yourself, N'Guemo probably deserved a booking earlier.

Well what should have happened after that?

I Dont have the exact stats on fouls given away by individuals to hand, but if you can set me straight please do.

And "No Point Turning Up" judging by yesterday im not entirely sure half your team did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Eirebear wrote: »
    Couple of wee stats for you guys that might help to make a clearer picture.

Fouls

Rangers 15 - 15 Celtic

Attempts on Target

Rangers 11 - 2 Celtic

Corners

Rangers 10 - 0 Celtic

I reckon they say quite a lot...

:rolleyes:

No comment on the poor referring yesterday and for yonks in the SPL from the pro-Rangers referees.

And to say Celtic are poor is a joke. Rangers are just as bad.

The SPL is in a horrible state and Celtic and Rangers are getting worse season by season. The league has lost it's automatic CL qualifying place and a qualifying place and with good reason.

Rangers are just as poor as Celtic.

Osu wrote: »

No comment on the poor referring yesterday and for yonks in the SPL from the pro-Rangers referees.

The SPL is in a horrible state and Celtic and Rangers are getting worse season by season. The league has lost it's automatic CL qualifying place and a qualifying place and with good reason.

That is a bit of a stupid statement to make. The league table doesn't lie and Rangers are potentially 13 points clear. Rangers play as a team while Celtic play as a group of individuals.

I agree Scottish football is on its knees though and it could get worse.

Osu wrote: »

You might want to read my post above it talking about the referee :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yup, the SPL is in a terrible state, i couldnt agree more.
    But lets put it this way.

Before the season begun, i wasnt even sure if my club was going to exist anymore.
    This led to howls of derision from our rivals across the city, a club who have claimed to be in a far more financial stable position than us, and claims that they were going to put us out of business by winning the league this year.

Skip forward a few months and while that club from across the city are spending ludicrous money of Robbie keane and bringing in a whole host of others in the January window we are plodding along, grinding out results and havnt signed a player for almost 2 years.

As poor as them? Maybe.

Proud of the teams achievments in the SPL so far this season. Most definetly.

Hasn't been discussed on thread yet. Thought Kevin Thomson was outstanding yesterday and rivalled Davis for MOTM gong. He really got in among Celtic early with some bone shuddering hits, one on McGeady which effectively put him out of game I would argue.

I also thought he was brilliant at Brown's sending off, by trying to diffuse situation rather than making it worse.

So fair play him to him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement