Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers v Celtic match thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Right Ive held my tounge long enough and if this gets me a ban well so be it some things need to be said.

Brewster - You have previously accused Celtic fans as being guilty of using stereotypes. So tell me how do you view Celtic fans in general urself, cos it seems to me you must think we're all retarded or something and that you can come on here stirring shi*e pretending to be neutral when the dogs on the street know you are a Rangers fan. Grow a pair of balls man and admit that you support them ( just happened to know that the last time Rangers got a last minute winner against Celtic was 7 years ago, oh ok i believe you)

Eirebear and Broxi come on here and post, we might'nt always agree but at least we can respect themand engage in debate with them as they are not afraid to admit that they support Rangers and fair play to them, but you and this charade that you carry on with all i ask is why?? Are you ashamed of being a Rangers fan, just ask yourself that and then ask why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Right Ive held my tounge long enough and if this gets me a ban well so be it some things need to be said.

Brewster - You have previously accused Celtic fans as being guilty of using stereotypes. So tell me how do you view Celtic fans in general urself, cos it seems to me you must think we're all retarded or something and that you can come on here stirring shi*e pretending to be neutral when the dogs on the street know you are a Rangers fan. Grow a pair of balls man and admit that you support them ( just happened to know that the last time Rangers got a last minute winner against Celtic was 7 years ago, oh ok i believe you)

Eirebear and Broxi come on here and post, we might'nt always agree but at least we can respect themand engage in debate with them as they are not afraid to admit that they support Rangers and fair play to them, but you and this charade that you carry on with all i ask is why?? Are you ashamed of being a Rangers fan, just ask yourself that and then ask why?

Eh, cos my mate rang me Sunday evening and told me about it? He said it was a magic moment, and the last time it happened was a cup final in 2002. I don't think Sherlock Holmes would be needed to solve that mystery...! There is no point in me responding to the rest of your post as there is clearly nothing I can say or do...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Brewster wrote: »
    Had they backed Strachan last season in the Jan window, Celtic would have heading for 5 in a row this season. They didn't, and the rest they say is history.

You have quite clearly lost your mind if you believe that. It also proves that you don't watch Celtic games. Too busy watching the Rangers I'd say.

Strachan's football for his last season, and much of the previous, was absolutely dreadful stuff. Dreadful. Rangers were even worse and gifted Celtic two of the 3 titles under Strachan imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

PauloMN wrote: »

Strachan's football for his last season, and much of the previous, was absolutely dreadful stuff. Dreadful. Rangers were even worse and gifted Celtic two of the 3 titles under Strachan imo.

Strachan's football wasnt a joy to watch, ill give you that.

But he was succesful, something Tony Mowbray has NEVER been in his entire career despite winning plaudits for his style of football.
    Celtic have had the chance over the last couple of years and really turn the screw on Rangers, in fact possibly even put us out of the picture for good.
    For some reason however they havnt.

Brewster has a point, why didnt the board finance Strachan? A Manager who was not far off the trophy haul won by "Saint Martin", when this opportunity arose?

You have quite clearly lost your mind if you believe that. It also proves that you don't watch Celtic games. Too busy watching the Rangers I'd say.

Paul, Celtic lost title by a hair's breath last season. One goal agaisnt Hibs and title was virtually theirs. I am 100% certain the Celtic board didnt stregthen that window because they thought Celtic would win league as Rangers were so poor. They had money, had they brought in a player of two in Jan 2009 of genuine qaulity, a Robbie Keane perhaps, they would have won league. Loads of Celtic fans would agree with this and Im 100% convinced of this. It is sticking out like a sore thumb. That would have been four in a row. Regardless of whether Strachan or whoever was in charge this season, I believe they would not be 10 points behind has they won league last season because of financial situation. CL football as league champions may have been enough to secure a better manager last summer and they may well have been on way to 5 in a row. If you don't agree with this, then fine, but that is what I believe. I am intelligent lad, and I can look at the bigger picture here. If the board could wind back the clock till Jan 2009, I am convinced, absolutely convinced they would spent money. In Jan just gone, they spend like men possessed, but too little too late as far as Im concerned.

• Advertisement

Eirebear wrote: »
    Strachan's football wasnt a joy to watch, ill give you that.

But he was succesful, something Tony Mowbray has NEVER been in his entire career despite winning plaudits for his style of football.
    Celtic have had the chance over the last couple of years and really turn the screw on Rangers, in fact possibly even put us out of the picture for good.
    For some reason however they havnt.

Brewster has a point, why didnt the board finance Strachan? A Manager who was not far off the trophy haul won by "Saint Martin", when this opportunity arose?

Eirebear, there is no point. All Celtic fans want to talk about is refereeing conspiracies. The Celtic board are to soley blame for the predictament. They had the chance to bury you guys and they didnt take it. I have followed SPL quite closely since 2005, speak to people very involved in SPL and this is my conclusion. Had Robbie Keave arrived on a 6 months loan in Jan 2009, theyd have been champions. FACT.

Yet Im a stirrer?? Give my head peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

All Celtic fans want to talk about is refereeing conspiracies.
    Yet Im a stirrer?? Give my head peace.

It's things like your first sentence that lead to the accusation in your second sentence.

Plenty of people have completely detached two separate topics (i) deservedly losing the game and (ii) questioning why, yet again, all the big decisions go against us...

yet you lump them in together and state that that's all that Celtic fans want to talk about. Rubbish - you're stirring, everyone can see you're stirring. You completely failing to take other points of view on board prove you're stirring otherwise why come out with the comments about that you did?

I have categorically stated that Rangers deserved to win the game, deserve to win the league and that refereeing decisions always seem to go against us yet you come out with the two sentences highlighted above? Come on Brewster, let's be adults eh??? It's not "all we want to talk about" but it's definitely something that needs to be talked about.

Interesting words from Billy McNeill...

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2010/0302/1224265469210.html

I don't support any team. I am a genuine Irish rugby fan that attends every Irish International home and away, but I don't have any football team that I am passionate about.

Yet in your last 200 posts 174 of them have been related to Celtic/Rangers in some way with the remainding 24 split up between school rugby, putters, international rugby, France rugby etc...

This at a time when rubgy coverage is at its zenith in this country and when Ireland are vying for the Grand Slam/Triple Crown etc... Why not more posts in relation to rugger and Ireland so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Interesting from a man that it was my misfortune on a couple of occasions spend time in his company if you want to look for a bigot Bobby look no further because thats what he is also his head is so far up his own backside it's unbelievable.
    So Ranger for the las 50 years always got more decisions this would include when he was winning 9 in a row as a player when Refs could have got away with a lot more due to lack of TV coverage. Or is it in his. Or in his first tenure of as manager 1978.83 when he won 3 league championships 1 Scottish cup and 1 League cup.
    Yeah the Refs were all against Celtic then ;)

Interesting from a man that it was my misfortune on a couple of occasions spend time in his company if you want to look for a bigot Bobby look no further because thats what he is also his head is so far up his own backside it's unbelievable.
    So Ranger for the las 50 years always got more decisions this would include when he was winning 9 in a row as a player when Refs could have got away with a lot more due to lack of TV coverage. Or is it in his. Or in his first tenure of as manager 1978.83 when he won 3 league championships 1 Scottish cup and 1 League cup.

Not surprised he is a bigot, he is a unionist after all!

• Advertisement

Not surprised he is a bigot, he is a unionist after all!

I take it you mean because of this the Scottish Senior Citizens Unity Party :p

Yet in your last 200 posts 174 of them have been related to Celtic/Rangers in some way with the remainding 24 split up between school rugby, putters, international rugby, France rugby etc...

This at a time when rubgy coverage is at its zenith in this country and when Ireland are vying for the Grand Slam/Triple Crown etc... Why not more posts in relation to rugger and Ireland so?

For what its worth, most of work colleagues and friends are passionate rugby fans so we do all our talking at work or at games. I lack friends with an interest in SPL, so good to discuss here. Dont have that problem with the rugby.

Fair enough Bobby, point taken re Celtic fans and conspiracy theories. its wrong of me to say it is ALL you talk about.

I though the Celtic fans were tremendous on Sunday for the minute's silence, bar one or two usual idiots on both sides. I have said it on here many a time, Celtic are a wonderful football club. In recent times, and understandably so due to frustration, some of the fans have been too critical of referees. Billy McNeil coming out with stupid statements does not exactly help things. It ads fuel to the fire. I firmly believe Celtic's problems lie much closer to home. If me making statements like this make me a Rangers fan and windup merchant, then guilty my Lord!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

So let me get this straight. Smith picking on Scots-Irish match officials and questioning their fitness to referee = manly.

McNeill stating an opinion from first hand experience = bigotted.

The mind of der hun is a wonderous place really. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight. Smith picking on Scots-Irish match officials and questioning their fitness to referee = manly.

McNeill stating an opinion from first hand experience = bigotted.

The mind of der hun is a wonderous place really. :rolleyes:

One: I find the term you use for me offensive there is really no need

two: Yes I said he was man enough to come out and say what he did and once again do you know the linesman is Scot/Irish or maybe he is just Scottish

Three: I expressed my opinion of McNeil from the experiences I had meeting the man.

As for what he said I will refer you to what I posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

One: I find the term you use for me offensive there is really no need

two: Yes I said he was man enough to come out and say what he did and once again do you know the linesman is Scot/Irish or maybe he is just Scottish

Three: I expressed my opinion of McNeil from the experiences I had meeting the man.

As for what he said I will refer you to what I posted

I repeat, you applaud thinly veiled sectarianism from Smith as manly, yet call McNeill a bigot for simply stating what the majority of people involved in Scottish football have said for years.

Textbook hunnism. If you find the moniker offensive, stop acting like a knuklehead and it won't be applied to you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

In Jan just gone, they spend like men possessed, but too little too late as far as Im concerned.

Tell us all how much they spent, taking into account the outs as well as ins. No speculation or guesses, work out the overall spend. You might be surprised.

I repeat, you applaud thinly veiled sectarianism from Smith as manly, yet call McNeill a bigot for simply stating what the majority of people involved in Scottish football have said for years.

Textbook hunnism. If you find the moniker offensive, stop acting like a knuklehead and it won't be applied to you.

Sorry I find your tone unacceptable its obvious you can't debate without resorting to insults. You call me a Hun knucklehead but you know nothing about my background or life
    I did not applaud any sectarianism as there was none if there was then I would be offended as much as anyone.
    Most people by that I take it you mean most Celtic fans oh I never called McNeil a bigot because of what he said I think if you read my OP properly you will see that I said he was a bigot because of my dealings with the man

Tell us all how much they spent, taking into account the outs as well as ins. No speculation or guesses, work out the overall spend. You might be surprised.

Paul, the actual figure is irrelevant to be fair. I think the point im making is valid. Had a Keane being brought in Jan 2009, Celtic would have been champions last season. I cannot put this any clearer. This is where Celtic's problems lie. January 2009, yes Celtic have been unlucky with some ref decisions this season, thats obvious for everyone to see. However, Jan 2009 was the start of their downfall. If Robbie or a similar player had of arrived a year earlier hed have made a difference. The board are to blame. Desmond, Lawwell, Reid at al. Incredible short sighteness from them.

OhNoYouDidn't, I suggest your judgement has been clouded by Maurice Edu's dramatic late winner on Sunday....

In Jan just gone, they spend like men possessed, but too little too late as far as Im concerned.

Paul, the actual figure is irrelevant to be fair.

Ah Brewster... come on... you gotta stop these contradictions if you don't want folk thinking you're on the wind up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

For what its worth, most of work colleagues and friends are passionate rugby fans so we do all our talking at work or at games. I lack friends with an interest in SPL, so good to discuss here. Dont have that problem with the rugby.

Last time you were challenged about your obsession with the SPL despite the fact you claim not to follow any team in it you claimed that it was because you had loads of mates who followed either Rangers or Celtic, have to say im confused.

Although perhaps they all got sick of your rubbish and told you where to go aswell, adds up, carry on there young bear or whatever ur name is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

I didnt see the match on sunday so cant comment too much. I did see a replay of the brown incident though and it seems clear that both deserved a yellow. How he can punish one and not the other is hard to fathom. But sometimes the crowd/atmosphere/pressure can influence refs and this happens everywhere.

However, it does seem very suspicious that when rangers are in financial trouble they start getting a lot more decisions on the field, not just in old firms but in lots of other league matches too. The worst thing from an SFA/SPL perspective would be for Rangers (or Celtic, to a lesser extent) to go under and if winning the league keeps them afloat...............

ONYD - no need for insults, the lads posting here seem decent(apart from Brewster - who seems to be on here to stir things up.). It's you who looks like the 'knucklehead' posting abuse.

stooge wrote: »
    I didnt see the match on sunday so cant comment too much. I did see a replay of the brown incident though and it seems clear that both deserved a yellow. How he can punish one and not the other is hard to fathom. But sometimes the crowd/atmosphere/pressure can influence refs and this happens everywhere.

However, it does seem very suspicious that when rangers are in financial trouble they start getting a lot more decisions on the field, not just in old firms but in lots of other league matches too. The worst thing from an SFA/SPL perspective would be for Rangers (or Celtic, to a lesser extent) to go under and if winning the league keeps them afloat...............

ONYD - no need for insults, the lads posting here seem decent(apart from Brewster - who seems to be on here to stir things up.). It's you who looks like the 'knucklehead' posting abuse.

I don't agree with you re the decisions as i have said season before last lots of them went against us and I believe thats just the way it is no big conspiracy
    Thank for your support re the insults though

ONYD i have asked you on at least 3 occasions within this thread to explain where these bigoted comments from Smith have came....why have you avoided the discussion yet still use it as a stick for beating "Der Hun" with?

Its always the same with you, i dont know why im even trying.

stooge wrote: »

This would be all fine and well if the theory was that it was only in the last two years that the "Establishment" has been holding Celtic back, however its not.
    Go back over the last 80 years and you will find examples of their paranoia and twisted delusions. Both from the club itself, and from its fans.

However this seems to have been dropped by many involved with, and in Celtic's support recently for the "SPL are trying to save Rangers" line.

I ask you this, where are these accusations when "Saint martin" and his side were steamrolling everything in the SPL?
    Where were these accusations when Billy McNeill won 3 out of 5 Championships in his time as manager?
    Why have Celtic won more Championships in the last 10 years than Rangers if everyone is "Against them"?

It only ever happens when Rangers are in the ascendency on the field, for some reason it has went into serious overdrive this season and for me its an attempt to deflect from how bad the team actually are right now.

Last time you were challenged about your obsession with the SPL despite the fact you claim not to follow any team in it you claimed that it was because you had loads of mates who followed either Rangers or Celtic, have to say im confused.

Although perhaps they all got sick of your rubbish and told you where to go aswell, adds up, carry on there young bear or whatever ur name is.

Absolute rubbish Premierstone. I never said that, two of best mates are supporters of the Old Firm clubs are we regularly all meet for a pint to discuss Scottish football and thats where most of my opinions stem from. This is where my interest comes from. I went to school with one guy and the met the other in college. I am sick to the back teeth of these jibes on an internet forum where you know nothing about me or my interests. Why on earth would anyone deny supporting a football team or be ashamed to admit it? FFS :mad::mad:You couldn't make it up, some of the rubbish some of you guys speak. I speak my mind, I would have opinions that many thousands of Irish men and women would agree with. You don't agree with some of things I say, this then equals Rangers fan in your eyes or windup merchant. I can go on the rugby forum at times and post and there is not a word said against me. I have quite alot thanked posts to be fair on the forum. I am not discussing this again so please don't bring it up again. I have alot of time for Rangers and Celtic, both clubs have many great qualities. I DO NOT support either team other than when both teams are playing in Europe when I love to see both clubs winning. Is this so difficult to comprehend? In season 2007/08, many decisions went against Rangers, much like now, that my mate thought there was an agenda against Rangers. I told him to cop on, he was talking rubbish and I say the same thing to Celtic fans now. I am totally consistent in my views.

Ah Brewster... come on... you gotta stop these contradictions if you don't want folk thinking you're on the wind up.

Bobby, ill ask the question, would Celtic have won the league had they stregthened in Jan 2009 and brought in a player of Keane's quality? This is the point im trying to get accross which I believe it the root cause of Celtic's demise.

Yes or No?

I believe many Celtic fans share this view, my mate says there was a banner at a recent Celtic game which said as much. It basically implored the board to spend and not flush title down drain or something.

Paul, the actual figure is irrelevant to be fair. I think the point im making is valid. Had a Keane being brought in Jan 2009, Celtic would have been champions last season. I cannot put this any clearer. This is where Celtic's problems lie. January 2009, yes Celtic have been unlucky with some ref decisions this season, thats obvious for everyone to see. However, Jan 2009 was the start of their downfall. If Robbie or a similar player had of arrived a year earlier hed have made a difference. The board are to blame. Desmond, Lawwell, Reid at al. Incredible short sighteness from them.

You said they spent like men possessed. Now you say the figure is irrelevant.

You base the board support or lack thereof purely on players in. Did you take into account the numerous players that were courted by Celtic that came to nothing? Did you take into account the contracts that were in place at the time? Balde for example was on massive money, enough for 2, maybe 3 new players.

Don't talk to me about the board. Whether you agree or disagree with the individuals in question, as a board I'm happy enough with them. Rangers nearly went out of business, and as Eirebear himself said, Celtic could have put them down the plug hole had they won last season and this. Complete shame imo that they couldn't, an opportunity missed unfortunately, but this "Strachan would have done it" stuff is just pure nonsense. At least we'll get through a couple of barren seasons, much as it pains. It's questionable whether Rangers would have - would you rather Celtic had their board? No thanks.

Bobby, ill ask the question, would Celtic have won the league had they stregthened in Jan 2009 and brought in a player of Keane's quality? This is the point im trying to get accross which I believe it the root cause of Celtic's demise.

Yes or No?

I believe many Celtic fans share this view, my mate says there was a banner at a recent Celtic game which said as much. It basically implored the board to spend and not flush title down drain or something.

Yes of course we would. I don't think you'll find anyone that would disagree with that... that still doesn't explain your contradiction though.

However, we STILL should have won with the squad we had but Strachan blew it.

• Advertisement

Complete shame imo that they couldn't, an opportunity missed unfortunately, but this "Strachan would have done it" stuff is just pure nonsense.

Amazingly Mowbray had more points in his opening 23 league games than Strachan had in his last 23 league games.

An astonishing stat that's completely at odds with what Brewster says.

Strachan >>>> Mowbray

You said they spent like men possessed. Now you say the figure is irrelevant.

You base the board support or lack thereof purely on players in. Did you take into account the numerous players that were courted by Celtic that came to nothing? Did you take into account the contracts that were in place at the time? Balde for example was on massive money, enough for 2, maybe 3 new players.

Don't talk to me about the board. Whether you agree or disagree with the individuals in question, as a board I'm happy enough with them. Rangers nearly went out of business, and as Eirebear himself said, Celtic could have put them down the plug hole had they won last season and this. Complete shame imo that they couldn't, an opportunity missed unfortunately, but this "Strachan would have done it" stuff is just pure nonsense. At least we'll get through a couple of barren seasons, much as it pains. It's questionable whether Rangers would have - would you rather Celtic had their board? No thanks.

Absolutely Paul, the Celtic board have done infinitely better than Rangers, thats a no brainer. However, spending nothing I believe this was their big mistake. I believe they got complacent about Rangers poor financial state and felt they had league in bag. This turned out to be a fatal mistake. There is a happy medium. One striker signed in Jan 2009 would have sealed the league for them.

Amazingly Mowbray had more points in his opening 23 league games than Strachan had in his last 23 league games.

Strachan had a disappointing end to his regime. The squad needed freshening up though. Wasn't all Strachan fault, however he must take some of the blame. Mowbray has got much greater backing from board, yet he has been an abject failure. Strachan is a much better manager than Mowbray as far as I am concerned mainly cos his teams were well organised!! Am I allowed to utter such a statement!?!? :) Regardless how poor Rangers were, he got to last 16 of CL twice which says alot about man. Rangers are still a poor team, yet Mowbray's team are miles behind??

Absolutely Paul, the Celtic board have done infinitely better than Rangers, thats a no brainer. However, spending nothing I believe this was their big mistake. I believe they got complacent about Rangers poor financial state and felt they had league in bag. This turned out to be a fatal mistake. There is a happy medium. One striker signed in Jan 2009 would have sealed the league for them.

Did you read the post though Brewster?

Sometimes you just have transfer windows like that. You eye up 5 or 6 players, hoping to get 2 or 3 of them. Sometimes you end up with 1, or none. It happens. I don't think Strachan got any less support than other managers, and tbh, I'd say he could be a difficult person for the board to deal with at times.

Players change their minds, demand more money, moves fall through. Players go on trials and turn out to be not great, players fail medicals, and all the while wage constraints need to be considered. It's not just about splashing out a transfer fee.

It's not just a case of the board saying "right, we're not spending on this clown" and that's that, and to suggest such is a bit naive I think. Maybe

It's all well and good for you to say "oh a striker would have sorted it" in hindsight. I enjoyed Strachan's first season, but not much more to be honest, and like I say, Rangers were in turmoil for a lot of Strachan's reign - made him look a bit better than he really was actually. Remember the whole Le Guen thing was going on during part of that also?

Did you read the post though Brewster?

Sometimes you just have transfer windows like that. You eye up 5 or 6 players, hoping to get 2 or 3 of them. Sometimes you end up with 1, or none. It happens. I don't think Strachan got any less support than other managers, and tbh, I'd say he could be a difficult person for the board to deal with at times.

Players change their minds, demand more money, moves fall through. Players go on trials and turn out to be not great, players fail medicals, and all the while wage constraints need to be considered. It's not just about splashing out a transfer fee.

It's not just a case of the board saying "right, we're not spending on this clown" and that's that, and to suggest such is a bit naive I think. Maybe

It's all well and good for you to say "oh a striker would have sorted it" in hindsight. I enjoyed Strachan's first season, but not much more to be honest, and like I say, Rangers were in turmoil for a lot of Strachan's reign - made him look a bit better than he really was actually. Remember the whole Le Guen thing was going on during part of that also?

If you don't like Strachan you're a sectarian bigot... that's basically the argument even though there are umpteen reasons why he was not liked by a huge percentage of fans.

• Advertisement

If you don't like Strachan you're a sectarian bigot... that's basically the argument even though there are umpteen reasons why he was not liked by a huge percentage of fans.

Oh yeah, I forgot that... he wasn't Celtic-minded, the git. :D

I see Robbie Keane managed to start for ireland tonight, funny that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why funny?

Why funny?

According to Celtic in the run up to the game on sunday he was a "major doubt" due to not training all week. (Despite pictures showing him training appearing in newspapers)
    After the game we were told that his injury had held him back during the game, and he was again, a "major doubt" for the Ireland game.

Its an old trick that Celtic seem to use before big games all the time, the "star" player is a doubt due to injury which magically disappears just in time for kick off.
    This time though the card was played again after the match to make excuses for the fact he was rotten.

65k a week...:pac:

He also pulled out the Ireland squad then went back in again :confused:

• Advertisement

Just because we have conspiracy theories doesn't mean you have to as well! Typical Rangers fans.... always copying their rivals across town. ;)

As for 65k... who cares, straight out of Desmond's phoca. Could be 200k for all I care.

Just because we have conspiracy theories doesn't mean you have to as well! Typical Rangers fans.... always copying their rivals across town. ;)

As for 65k... who cares, straight out of Desmond's phoca. Could be 200k for all I care.

lol, no conspiracy theory, just the usual underhand deflection tactics from you lot ;):p

I thought Desmond denied that he was paying his wages?

lol, no conspiracy theory, just the usual underhand deflection tactics from you lot ;):p

Surely you can't blame the Ireland bit on us though... :)

Desmond, did he deny it? Never heard, just assumed he'd have to really due to salary caps etc...

That IS a scary stat! Reminds me of why I really wanted Strachan gone in the end.

Surely you can't blame the Ireland bit on us though... :)

Desmond, did he deny it? Never heard, just assumed he'd have to really due to salary caps etc...

Im sure he did, i cant find anything on it though.

Do Celtic have a capped wage system? I heard at the weekend that Kamara was on fairly huge wages too?

Im sure he did, i cant find anything on it though.

Do Celtic have a capped wage system? I heard at the weekend that Kamara was on fairly huge wages too?

I'd imagine so, don't most clubs? Loan deals such as Kamara's might not fall under the same rules though, as they're not employees of the club technically.

I'd be very very surprised if Desmond wasn't at least partially bank rolling Keane's wages though.

Your lot wouldn't have batted an eyelid at that news though if Celtic were on the wind-up, it wouldn't even have registered at Dignity FC.

I'd imagine so, don't most clubs? Loan deals such as Kamara's might not fall under the same rules though, as they're not employees of the club technically.

I'd be very very surprised if Desmond wasn't at least partially bank rolling Keane's wages though.

Well there's plenty of media speculation out there that he is bankrolling Keane's wages.

Your lot wouldn't have batted an eyelid at that news though if Celtic were on the wind-up, it wouldn't even have registered at Dignity FC.

Nah it registered alright, we were delighted he played...as was Kevin Thomson! ;)

Seen as Bobby posted what McNeil said I thought I would post a link that shows a different viewpoint

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2875511/Jim-Duffy-No-class-in-Celtic-moaning-now.html

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement