Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers v Celtic match thread.

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

http://www.vimeo.com/9865326

Video of a collection of Bougherra's fouls on Sunday, shamelessly stolen from KDS. It's a bit long as there were so many, but hey. I love the disclaimer, looks like it was written for Brewster, just to keep him happy like. ;)

Seriously, it just backs up what Celtic have been discussing with the SFA. Bougherra on the pitch for the goal after that little lot, while Brown was sitting in the dressing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »
    http://www.vimeo.com/9865326

Video of a collection of Bougherra's fouls on Sunday, shamelessly stolen from KDS. It's a bit long as there were so many, but hey. I love the disclaimer, looks like it was written for Brewster, just to keep him happy like. ;)

Seriously, it just backs up what Celtic have been discussing with the SFA. Bougherra on the pitch for the goal after that little lot, while Brown was sitting in the dressing room.

They didn't do one of N'Guemo's fouls I bet

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

They didn't do one of N'Guemo's fouls I bet

Deserved yellow card, nowhere near the catalogue of fouls that Bougherra had going on.

I find it gas that none of the Rangers fans - you, Eirebear or Brewster - can admit that the referee was not just bad, but appallingly bad in a crucial game.

Deserved yellow card, nowhere near the catalogue of fouls that Bougherra had going on.

I find it gas that none of the Rangers fans - you, Eirebear or Brewster - can admit that the referee was not just bad, but appallingly bad in a crucial game.

To me he made two major mistakes the Brown sending off being one should have been a yellow for both of them also the penalty we should have had when Edu was hacked down by Hinkel
    You really need to get over this Celtic fans have been taken in hook line and sinker by your board to the extent people are laughing at Celtic and I am not talking about Rangers fans

To me he made two major mistakes the Brown sending off being one should have been a yellow for both of them also the penalty we should have had when Edu was hacked down by Hinkel
    You really need to get over this Celtic fans have been taken in hook line and sinker by your board to the extent people are laughing at Celtic and I am not talking about Rangers fans

You think Bougherra should have been on the pitch then? Even after watching that video? :confused:

Nothing to do with the board. It's a simple case of what Celtic fans are seeing in important games this season. You should stop reading nonsense in the Sun.

You think Bougherra should have been on the pitch then? Even after watching that video? :confused:

Nothing to do with the board. It's a simple case of what Celtic fans are seeing in important games this season. You should stop reading nonsense in the Sun.

I don't read the Sun as a matter of course Paul. Are you trying to say Jim Duffy didn't say these things and the Sun just put his name to the Story. Suppose this guy from the Scotsman has it all wrong to then.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Stuart-Bathgate-Celtic-only-have.6114310.jp

I suppose Bougherra was fairly lucky to stay on the park but then again you see fit to ignore the Penalty we should have had.

Oh have Celtic put in there application to join the conference yet :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Every neutral on this thread has commented that the refereee was a disgrace.

Its worth noting that fans of all Scottish clubs other than Rangers have been complaining for decades about the decisions Dignity FC get....

Its worth noting that fans of all Scottish clubs other than Rangers have been complaining for decades about the decisions Dignity FC get....

Think you will find these fans of other clubs have also been complaining about decisions Paranoia FC get pretty pointless route that ONYD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

It is worth noting that fans of all Scottish clubs outside the old firm complain about decisions that both Rangers and Celtic get, normally they are more concerned with their own club and do not care about what goes on between Rangers and Celtic.

Anyway my synopsis of the game would be, referee terrible, game terrible and on the balance of the game the result was probably right. Shame though to have the league all but wrapped up this early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Think you will find these fans of other clubs have also been complaining about decisions Paranoia FC get pretty pointless route that ONYD.

Two simple questions. Yes/no answers please.

Should Brown have been sent off?

Should Bougherra have been sent off?

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Guess he was right.
    Think they should bring in a neutral ref in future. British refs obviously side with their own.

ONYD if you are using this guy as an example of whats neutral then there's not a lot to say.

Celtic are a Scottish /British club no matter what anyone tells you ;)

I have already answered those questions a few posts before this try reading them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Your awfully good at asking questions ONYD. Not so good at answering them.

What were Smiths comments about referees of Irish descent, youve babbled on about them for pages now, yet you havnt shown the rest of us in order to discuss it.
    Same old you really isnt it....keep telling lies and eventually the facts dont matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Oh deary me!

Still talking about this I see!! I think this Rangers Celtic match thread must be the longest ever on boards...

I repeat again, I am not a Rangers fan. Can you give it a rest please. As the Rangers lads are in the minority here, I may side with them from time to time. If I was on a forum full of Rangers fans, with two Celtic fans you would find it the other way around. Its my human nature to row in behind underdog, and its probably this impression that gives you impression im a Rangers supporter. Football is not my game, sorry, I like to watch it but thats as far as it goes. I have nothing against Rangers, they are a fantastic club with a magnficent support by and large, as are Celtic. End of story.

Brown was unlucky to be sent off. Bougherra should have been sent off is my opinion.

Celtic really need to get a grip of themselves. The standard of refereeing is unlikely to improve in the short term, so they really need to sort themselves out and build for next season. This is not doing club any good at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Brewster wrote: »
    Oh deary me!

Still talking about this I see!! I think this Rangers Celtic match thread must be the longest ever on boards...

I repeat again, I am not a Rangers fan.

Aaannd I stoped reading here! Must be hard to support a team and not have the balls to admit it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Aaannd I stoped reading here! Must be hard to support a team and not have the balls to admit it??

Ive balls of steel Premierstone!! If some of the Celtic players were as tough as me, they would not find themselves trailing by 10 points having played a game more. If accusing me of being a Rangers supporter makes you feel better in some way about Celtic's problems, Im not going to get overly excited about it to be perfectly frank.

Your postings are irrelevant by and large to the topic at hand, which is a Rangers Celtic match thread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Round and round and round we go, and where we stop, nobody knows...

...actually that's not quite true, I know. It stops here because the thread is descending into point scoring and tit for tat posts as opposed to match discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement