Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To Work Enterprise Allowance

Options
  • 28-02-2010 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Confusing information available on the qualifying conditions of the BTWEA. Thought I might see if anyone knows any better than what I can find..?

The Social Welfare's own web site indicates that one of the conditions is that you must be claiming "Jobseeker's Benefit or Assistance for at least 2 years" and that it is then paid at reducing percentages for a total of 4 years.

The Citizens Information's web site indicates that either you must be
    "Getting a Jobseeker's Allowance for 12 months" or
    "Unemployed for 2 years and getting Jobseeker's Benefit" or
    "if you have an underlying entitlement to Jobseeker's Allowance and are unemployed for one year you can qualify for the allowance."
    It states that it is paid for two years in reducing percentages.

So. Which information is correct?
    If you are unemployed on Jobseeker's Benefit for 1 year (which then runs out and you have to start a claim for Jobseeker's Allowance, do you qualify or do you not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I may be wrong but i believe it was changed from last may so for jobseekers allowance you need to be on it a year to qualify. This topic would be more suited to the state benefits forum (biz - personal - state benefits) i think the 2 year situation is just wires crossed/not updating correctly tho im not 100 percent sure,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Barker

Yeah Thanks. I'll repost. Couldn't find it before - What's "Biz"?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Barker

Thanks I found it - just didn't know what "Biz" actually meant. Still in the dark, but at least I know where the forum I was looking for is!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Barker wrote: »
    Thanks I found it - just didn't know what "Biz" actually meant. Still in the dark, but at least I know where the forum I was looking for is!

It's short for Business. It's one of the overall categories used to organise forums.

• Advertisement
Advertisement