Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restricting Premium Calls on a Bill Phone

• 28-02-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all. I'm just wondering if it possible to restrict calls/texts to premium numbers from a bill pay phone? I'm considering getting one for my daughter but worried she'll use it to do all sorts of things on it!! I'm not really tech savvy so any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes, you can restrict certain things.

Before going ahead, are you sure its actually the best pay to go. Normally the free texts plans that the networks offer on pay as you go fit well with kids. You can still restrict certain calls etc on those too. Doesnt have to be a bill pay phone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Davy's right. The best option would be pay as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭doc_17

Yeah pay as you go. But that question got me wondering. If you had a bill pay can you restrict yourself from calling premium numbers? or set a limit on call cost? just to keep your bill in check?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

doc_17 wrote: »
    Yeah pay as you go. But that question got me wondering. If you had a bill pay can you restrict yourself from calling premium numbers? or set a limit on call cost? just to keep your bill in check?

You can restrict premium numbers yes, but i dont think you can set a spend limit. o2 offer a spend alerts service, where you set a figure, and once you reach it, you get a text notification to let you know. You can set two amounts, so for example, first one when you go €5 over your allowance, and then the second one, when your €15 over it.

3 also have a plan, Best of both, where its billpay up to €25, then after that you topup as you need if thats some help.

Advertisement