Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW BUILDING OPP COLLEGE

Options
  • 28-02-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Anybody any idea what it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

dutchcat wrote: »
    Anybody any idea what it is?

I heard a little bird saying it's going to be:

Drive-thru Burgerking

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

It was to be a student pub but not sure if it is anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

fitzyshea wrote: »
    It was to be a student pub but not sure if it is anymore.
    Is that wishful thinking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

foxinsox wrote: »

Drive-thru Burgerking

Oh dear god if only!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I heard a looooong time ago that a certain publican was building a bar/resturant with the aim of winning back the students.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I think this is it. Planning Application no 075959 from Carlow Town Council.

(i)The restoration and refurbishment of the existing house, which is a protected structure (ref. 71, reg no. 10000866, map ref. 4356-20), return and stable structures on the site, and a change of use of the existing buildings from a hostel to commercial use. (ii)The demolition of the existing extensions and addendums to the existing house and return and the construction of a 3 storey link extension between the existing retained structures, providing a gross floor area of 477 m2. (iii)The Construction of a 2 storey block to the northern boundary of the site to provide for, together with the restored and refurbished stables, 2 no. two-bedroom live work units, 1 no. one-bedroom live work units with commercial space of a total gross floor area of 337 sqm. (iv)The construction of 59 residential units with a gross floor area of 5322.5 sq.m including balconies and terraces, arranged in 5 blocks, ranging in height from 3 storeys to a maximum of five storeys to the Barrow River. Block 1 comprises of 12 no. two-bedroom, and 2 no. three-bedroom apartments. Block 2 comprises of 11no. two-bedroom and 1 no. three-bedroom apartments; Block 3 comprises 4 no. one-bedroom apartments, 14 no. two-bedroom apartments and 1 no. three bedroom apartments; Block 4 comprises of 2 no. two-bedroom apartments and 1 no. three bedroom duplex apartment; Block 5 comprises 4 no. own-door two-bedroom apartments and 4 no. three-bedroom duplex apartments. (iv)The provision of a basement car park with ramped vehicular access providing for 104 o. car-parking spaces, 84 bicycle spaces, bin stores & biomass boiler and fuel store and associated services. (v)The provision of a basement car park with ramped vehicular access providing for 104 no. car-parking spaces, 84 bicycle spaces, bin stores & biomass boiler and fuel store and associated services. (vi)The provision of 7no. surface car-parking spaces and all associated site works including landscaping and a pedestrian access to the river bank. (vii)The modification of the existing boundary to the Kilkenny road including the removal of the existing boundary wall, the relocation & modification of the bus stop and the existing vehicular entrance from Kilkenny Road. (viii)The construction of a new ESB sub-station and switch room

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

tom lennon is putting a drive through macdonalds there.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

foxinsox wrote: »

Drive-thru Burgerking
    Was mac's at time of application but may have changed to burgerking since then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Def a drive thru, got the plans on my desk ;)

There's nothing like that, that I can see anyway, on the Planning site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

tombull82 wrote: »

Spot on with the Proposer.

Ah here it is, I'm going blind. Application 086124

305 sq.m single storey building, to consist of restaurant with drive thru facility, kitchen, toilets and staff facilities, ATM, car park, refuse area, external dining and play area, external dining and play area, advertising signage and all associated site works.

http://193.178.1.229/ePlan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?File_number=086124&LASiteID=1

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

It's a drive-thru constituency clinic for the Green Party, serving tofu burgers, Incinerator sausages, baNAMA splits and vegetarian letters to Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

tombull82 wrote: »

and mcdonalds announced 250 new jobs yesterday, so it must be mcdonalds, would rather burger king for a change

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

and mcdonalds announced 250 new jobs yesterday, so it must be mcdonalds, would rather burger king for a change
    I thought Mc Ds had a rule that there would only be one outlet in a certain radius?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 belindaf

no sure look at other counties they're everywhere.

Galway has 3 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

Anyone have any idea what the new building opposite the IT is going to be? Pass it everyday and am curious as have heard nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

a Drive Thru McDonalds

Oh! Another McDonalds. Very bad so as I could see myself stopping in on my way home from work for a strawberry milkshake and an apple pie :p

and you don't even have to get out of your car

• Advertisement

Think I'll have to find a different route home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

why not burgerking. :(

oh by the way Shayk1, this thread has served it's purpose now.
    best not let it evolve, break out that lock!

Thanks for that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

SV wrote: »
    why not burgerking. :(

oh by the way Shayk1, this thread has served it's purpose now.
    best not let it evolve, break out that lock!

Mod Warning

Or, instead, we could just ask you to leave since you seem to be a constant headache in this forum. Which would you prefer? I have no problem breaking out that ban!

Have some cop on please. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

belle_09 wrote: »
    Someone feeling a little grumpy! I apologise if I dragged the thread out by adding three posts! Tut tut :D

oh god no, I'm just saying what the moderators on here do..

except for some threads..
    depends what mood they're in..they don't quite know what they're at

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

SV wrote: »
    oh god no, I'm just saying what the moderators on here do..

except for some threads..
    depends what mood they're in..they don't quite know what they're at

Yeah, thought you might go down that garden path. I swept it and all for your visit. Good bye. :)

ottostreet wrote: »
    im inclined to agree. threads just can't go off-topic in any shape or form withouts mods intervening. probably why the only posters seem to be the mods! i very rarely check up on this forum, simply because i know that threads will go nowhere.

very irritating

Id love to hear yourself, or any others feedback, over PM on how the forum can be improved. Likewise, the Feedback forum is another alternative for discussing such.

But, your own post is derailing this very topic in itself which is what none of us want (well, I cant say that for SV). So please, just PM one of the mods or myself with your Feedback so we can get posters like yourselves checking up on the forum and avoiding regular derailment.

Iv stuck my nose in here for the very reason - to kick out those who insist on causing trouble and derailing threads.

Sully wrote: »
    Id love to hear yourself, or any others feedback, over PM on how the forum can be improved. Likewise, the Feedback forum is another alternative for discussing such.

But, your own post is derailing this very topic in itself which is what none of us want (well, I cant say that for SV). So please, just PM one of the mods or myself with your Feedback so we can get posters like yourselves checking up on the forum and avoiding regular derailment.

Iv stuck my nose in here for the very reason - to kick out those who insist on causing trouble and derailing threads.

Why not start a thread in this forum inviting public feedback from the users?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Sully wrote: »

I have no real interest in getting into PM'ing about a forum I have no interest in. The potential is here for a very good forum, but its constantly being stifled and overly-moderated. I realise that this isn't AH or whatever, but general discussion does not seem to be encouraged in any way. The moderation is too strict, and until it lightens up in here, the forum isn't going to grow. I am far from the only Boards user I know who feels this way. As you can see, I am an active user on boards, and yet I NEVER am on the Carlow forum...shame!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

...Cant we all just be friends?

Advertisement