Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW BUILDING OPP COLLEGE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Bring back dan, Bring back dan :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Enough is enough.

Please stop posting off topic in this thread. The Random Waffle Thread is there for random waffle. Please leave this topic for discusion in relation to the new building opposite Carlow IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

back on topic

the new building is fast food takeaway / restaurant but no tenant has been agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭royston_vasey

91011 wrote: »
    back on topic

the new building is fast food takeaway / restaurant but no tenant has been agreed
    I thought it was a done deal that Burgerking were the tenant here, at least that's what I was told last March.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

91011 wrote: »
    back on topic

And I was convinced it was Maccie D's ? hhhhmmm

• Advertisement

ShayK1 wrote: »
    And I was convinced it was Maccie D's ? hhhhmmm
    Well seems nobody is too sure by the sounds of things, do I have a KFC from anybody????

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

I have my heart set on McDonalds! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

belle_09 wrote: »
    I have my heart set on McDonalds! :D

Nah come on the town has one. We seriously need a bacon double cheese burger supersized with the obligtory diet coke :o

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

racso1975 wrote: »
    Nah come on the town has one. We seriously need a bacon double cheese burger supersized with the obligtory diet coke :o

I could cope with that if they had apples pies and strawberry milkshakes....or even better strawberry malts! Sorry am veering off the thread now. Can't help it with all the food talk :rolleyes: Maybe it could be an Eddie Rockets!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hamo

Heard from teh Horse Lennon himself... it's BURGERKING

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Hamo wrote: »
    Heard from teh Horse Lennon himself... it's BURGERKING

if it is BK I'll find you and kiss you haha :rolleyes:

if it's MCD's I'll find you and kill you ;)

patrickc wrote: »

Jasus Hamo either way u lose :D

Jasus Hamo either way u lose :D

exactly:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

So many fast food places :(

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

i'm with Pat C on this one. Sorry Hamo, your may need to stay off the streets for a while. :-)
    patrickc wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

and i'll hold ya down while they do it!

RealistSpy wrote: »
    So many fast food places :(

but Bk is not fast food, just healthy tasty delicious flame grilled yuminess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I know this is an old thread but the building work has started back up again on this. Anyone know who the tenant will be? Is it still Burger King?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Yeah seen them back at it 2 weeks ago, Tom was out front with big smiles, must be glad to have this issue sorted.

Cant wait for the whoppers....not that I need em.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It's back!!!
    Hide yo' kids 'n' hide yo' wife!

Work has restarted on the building. Glass windows in and Tarmac going down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Is that the site by the river ?

Surely that will only make trying to enter/exit a nightmare along that road esp with a set of lights going up on the road too ?

i hear it's not a BK, but as i posted in another thread a while back, there is one being built in the New Year out the comer road direction.

"Hoppers Coming Soon"
    Says a sign just on the Kilkenny side of the site.
    "Drive Thru" is on the building itself in the same font.

Can't find any references to Hoppers online, it's hardly a new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

"Hoppers Coming Soon"
    Says a sign just on the Kilkenny side of the site.
    "Drive Thru" is on the building itself in the same font.

Can't find any references to Hoppers online, it's hardly a new thing.

I wonder does it say "whoppers" as in Burger king whopper burgers??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

No, its Hoppers. Think it said hoppers cafe on the sign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Its Hoopers , they are advertising in the Nationalist for staff. I think they should change the p to a t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Passed by it "Hoppers" alright...they're advertising "Good food and good coffee". I suppose they're probably trying to cash in on the student market. Still puzzled as to why they didn't stick in a McDonalds or a BK.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

Probably because you can have a a plate of proper food in the college for under €5? Cheaper than a burger and fries in mc donalds
    TheZohan wrote: »
    Still puzzled as to why they didn't stick in a McDonalds or a BK.

TheZohan wrote: »
    Passed by it "Hoppers" alright...they're advertising "Good food and good coffee". I suppose they're probably trying to cash in on the student market. Still puzzled as to why they didn't stick in a McDonalds or a BK.

There are strict capital and financial criteria that have to be met before you are granted a McDonalds or BurgerKing franchise and I doubt very much that the owners of this establishment would satisfy those criteria.

I doubt very much that the target market is students as that would mean that they expect this place to be quiet for c. 5 months/year.

• Advertisement

There are strict capital and financial criteria that have to be met before you are granted a McDonalds or BurgerKing franchise and I doubt very much that the owners of this establishment would satisfy those criteria.

I doubt very much that the target market is students as that would mean that they expect this place to be quiet for c. 5 months/year.

It kinda has to be a student target. There are lots of empty sites in town if they wanted to appeal to everyone.

Advertisement