Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheques

Options
  • 28-02-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

We have a cheque - does this need to be lodged and take 3 days to clear?

Is there anywhere we can cash it rather than wait 3 days... anywhere in Waterford that would cash it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

i think it takes 5 days to clear.Just put a cheque into my account and bank of ireland told me that it would take 5 days for them to clear.

The only ones that take a bit less are if say you have a aib cheque and you cash it in a aib bank

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

I got a AIB cheque the other day and could cash it immediately in the branch where the account was kept.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to the banking forum - will get a better response there. Not many places cash cheques these days.

Topic Moved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

you can go to the account holding branch on the cheque and they will generally just cash it there and then.

Alternatively you would need to lodge to your bank account. This will take 5 days if the bank the cheque is from is different to your bank and 3 days normally if its the same bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

chris85 wrote: »
    you can go to the account holding branch on the cheque and they will generally just cash it there and then.

Not if its a crossed cheque... Would have thought it takes approx 5 working days to clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Not if its a crossed cheque... Would have thought it takes approx 5 working days to clear.

yeah sorry if its crossed complete no go for cashing

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Thanks all.

We cashed the cheque today and because it was the same branch that the business was in, it was cashed straight away :D

Advertisement