Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corn-fed Eggs

Options
  • 28-02-2010 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

i have recently bought corn fed eggs from superquinn and also dunnes- normal eggs don't compare now! the problem is i cannot find them at all in any of the main supermarkets in belfast- even dunnes- their stock seems to vary according to store. i was in england at the weekend and they don't even do them in waitrose- they do sell double yolk eggs though :eek:
    i am in dublin fairly regularly so can shop there- i'm just wondering if they are sold anywhere else around the country- like dundalk/newry?
    thanks for any help! :)

Comments

milly4ever wrote: »
    i have recently bought corn fed eggs from superquinn and also dunnes- normal eggs don't compare now! the problem is i cannot find them at all in any of the main supermarkets in belfast- even dunnes- their stock seems to vary according to store. i was in england at the weekend and they don't even do them in waitrose- they do sell double yolk eggs though :eek:
    i am in dublin fairly regularly so can shop there- i'm just wondering if they are sold anywhere else around the country- like dundalk/newry?
    thanks for any help! :)

My local Dunnes stocks them, I imagine that is nationwide.

Organic eggs also taste much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

organics are a good 2nd choice! dunnes is not nationwide as my local one do not do them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Corn makes the Yolks yellow, we keep our chickens organically and give them mixed corn as a treat, the yolks are much more yellow when they eat cornmeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chillywilly69

I believe M&S sell these eggs!! Pop in and take alook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

I believe M&S sell these eggs!! Pop in and take alook.

don't shop there im afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

milly4ever wrote: »
    don't shop there im afraid.

Eh? Why on earth not?

They may be fairly overpriced, but if you're just going in to buy one item, then what's the problem?

Kind of defeats the purpose of even creating this thread if you're not willing to go into a specific place to buy them:confused:

Advertisement