Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dooooblin Meet-up

• 28-02-2010 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Right, I've decided to make this thread specifically to cater for a Dublin meet-up. If you haven't seen my post in the original meet-up thread then all it basically said was that there can be more than one meet-up etc. etc. Whoever wants a Cork/Limerick meet-up, go make a thread to sort it out. If any Dublin people can attend an outside Dublin meet-up they will let you know, and vice versa.

Just to clarify - this thread is only going to discuss a Dublin meet-up.

So. Anyone have any suggestions or preferences for when/where this meet-up should take place?

Date for the chin-wag 44 votes

Thursday 4th March
    0%
    Friday 5th March
    18%
    phlegmsPigwidgeondegausserxoCragulsJako8ExtrasuperveryalmostneverPygmalion 8 votes
    Saturday 6th March
    20%
    FadBobalicious93PigwidgeondegausserxoFago!SarcasticFairyJako8Extrasuperveryalmostnever 9 votes
    Monday 22nd March onwards (ie. when UCD kids shall be back in the big shmoke)
    25%
    FadPigwidgeondegausserxoKonataeVeNtInESarcasticFairyTheCardHolderCragulsJako8almostneverPygmalion 11 votes
    Never. I hate boardsies.
    36%
    AoibheannlilmissprincessjefreywithonefDavidiusohthebabyPigwidgeonkev_s88Ginja NinjadegausserxobradyleSarcasticFairyunknown13CragulsJako8Pygmaliontomplaya 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Never. I hate boardsies.
    *taking the initiative five*

I'd say the spire,it's the easiest place in dublin to get to almost every bus goes by it.

Timewise 1 o'clock? that's a great time for me,but I know that people here do sleep until some god awful late times,so opinions wanted.

what day though? Saturday is the fairest,but country folk like me would maybe be heading home for the weekend.

Would the idea of a midweek meetup[say,Thursday?] be horrible for everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Never. I hate boardsies.
    *taking the initiative five*

I'd say the spire,it's the easiest place in dublin to get to almost every bus goes by it.

Timewise 1 o'clock? that's a great time for me,but I know that people here do sleep until some god awful late times,so opinions wanted.

what day though? Saturday is the fairest,but country folk like me would maybe be heading home for the weekend.

Not horrible but a little more awkward (for me and banjopaul anyway stupid Friday double lab day). Saturday could work the best if we plan it far enough in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Never. I hate boardsies.

I'm one of those country folk too so obviously I'd be up for a midweek meet up. It wouldn't be horrible at all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Never. I hate boardsies.
    Well, if it's going to involve going out out, then for people who need to travel far and get nitelinks home, friday or saturday would be best.
    But of course if it's going to be an all ages one, then whenever should be good.

Never. I hate boardsies.
    As far as I know everyone Dublin based is over 18 so we shouldn't run into any major issues.
    Suggestions on places to go and stuff to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Are any of the Dublin folk underage? All the <18 C&Hers I can think of are from elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Saturday 6th March
    I am....

:(

Never. I hate boardsies.
    Yeah there were a few last time, they just didn't turn up.
    neither did I in the end, but sssh

I am....

:(

Oh sorry Bob! Always thought you were 18 or 19 for some reason. Mah bad.

Never. I hate boardsies.
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm 17. :/ Bleh.

Nah, I didn't mean to say "f*ck off if you're not 18"! Just scoping the land, age-wise, is all :)

Never. I hate boardsies.
    well,my vote is for bowling; we didn't bother last time and at least its something better than sitting in a bar for a day and well,it's bowling everyone likes bowling

Never. I hate boardsies.
    True, bowling is fun, but is there somewhere closer to the city centre than Stillorgan because from what I heard, that was the main reason nobody went bowling, it was too awkward.

Never. I hate boardsies.
    *facepalm* Pygmalion's under 18 as well.... stupid deceptive beard......

Bowling's a nice idea but would trekking out to stillorgan put people off again?

Never. I hate boardsies.
    kateos2 wrote: »
    True, bowling is fun, but is there somewhere closer to the city centre than Stillorgan because from what I heard, that was the main reason nobody went bowling, it was too awkward.
    well,last time it was because no one came until 5 o clock and we decided not to bother as there was only 5 of us at the time,so we just went to the pub after that people started showing up.It was lack of epople more than anything last time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Just a quick note - UCD are off for 2 weeks from this Friday so I'm guessing most non-Dublin UCD attendees won't be around Dublin for that fortnight period.

Saturday 6th March
    I'd love to go, but personally, if it was in Stillorgan again, It'd seriously put me off...

I'm up for pretty much anything tbh. :)

Never. I hate boardsies.
    Hotaru wrote: »
    Just a quick note - UCD are off for 2 weeks from this Friday so I'm guessing most non-Dublin UCD attendees won't be around Dublin for that fortnight period.
    that's the third time in two days I've thought it was the week after.

What's wrong with stillorgan? or more importantly has anyone any better suggestions?

• Advertisement

Never. I hate boardsies.
    that's the third time in two days I've thought it was the week after.

What's wrong with stillorgan? or more importantly has anyone any better suggestions?

I'd say it's probably awkward for people coming from the northside, so they'd probably prefer somewhere nearer the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I will only be able to make a brief appearance next weekend (If it happens next weekend), working both Sat and Sun. Which is fine, I'll show up after work, but I cant really go out.....

But yeah, I dont mind. I wouldnt mind going somewhere for a drink or two, but I'd like the whole thing to be as inclusive as possible, so whatever works!

Stillorgan is a pain for me to get to, and I live beside Stillorgan >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Never. I hate boardsies.
    Craguls wrote: »
    As far as I know everyone Dublin based is over 18 so we shouldn't run into any major issues.
    Suggestions on places to go and stuff to do?
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    Are any of the Dublin folk underage? All the <18 C&Hers I can think of are from elsewhere.

Not cool guys, not cool.

Never. I hate boardsies.
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    Not cool guys, not cool.
    look,we know you're not,but we love you anyway.

Just throwing it out there: How is this thursday for people?

just that the UCD folk will more than likely be gone home.[I.E me and that's all I really care about :cool: ]

Never. I hate boardsies.

just that the UCD folk will more than likely be gone home.[I.E me and that's all I really care about :cool: ]

This Thursday could work for me at least but it's a bit short notice, and if it's a night-time thing the buses won't be running late.

Never. I hate boardsies.

This Thursday would be great for me actually thanks to reading weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

If it's on a saturday, I'd recommend going to Propaganda in the academy that night. Went last night and it was a great laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Friday 5th March
    I'll go for a few drinkies later, wouldn't be particularly interested in any other activity during the day..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Any chance it could be over the summer? cos then I'd have some chance of being able to go.....but if it doesn't suit everyone else that's fine.:)
    Think most people living and studying in Dublin would be going to their respective homes for the summer (Sligo, Limerick etc), but I might be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

ZOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Friday 5th March
    bythewoods wrote: »
    ZOO

Didn't know they served alcohol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

phlegms wrote: »
    Didn't know they served alcohol.

Bag'a cans.

Tbh, chances of me going to a meet-up are slim to none.

bythewoods wrote: »
    ZOO

ZOO!

Zoo <3

I wouldn't be able to make this Thurs though, got a stupid Neurophysiology exam in the evening :/

This Thursday is good for me, mocks end on Wednesday and I have a four day weekend.

The Zoo would be the best thing ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Never. I hate boardsies.
    This Thursday's awful for me, I'm heading home for reading week and I've an exam the day I'm back to study for. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Saturday 6th March
    Thursday's good for SarcasticFairy and I...but I'll be skipping the zoo part :)

I'm most likely free for whenever. One of the benefits of being unemployed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

If this is a weekend thing then it'll be one of those ones where I won't find out until the day before whether I can be there or not. More often than not I'm staying up at weekends now but I still couldn't make any guarantees. But if I'm in the county I'll definitely be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Never. I hate boardsies.
    Thursday's good for SarcasticFairy and I...but I'll be skipping the zoo part :)

Thursday was good when Grace posted this, but I've since remembered I think I've promised to be elsewhere this Thursday night... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Never. I hate boardsies.
    I'm up for pretty much anything tbh. :)

Wahey!

Never. I hate boardsies.
    This Thursday is good for me too. Maybe we should put up a poll with a couple of different days and see when the most people can go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Saturday 6th March
    Can I go?

And just a question, since this is a forum for young people, will it be a beers or just a meet up?

Saturday 6th March
    Thursday....ugh..

Looks like I won't be going :(

Thursday....ugh..

Looks like I won't be going :(

+ a haon.

Never. I hate boardsies.
    Fago_25 wrote: »
    Can I go?

And just a question, since this is a forum for young people, will it be a beers or just a meet up?

I think in Dublin most (if not all) people are old enough, the last meetup turned out to just be a beers (Bowling was planned but not enough interest on the day).

I'd say non-beers during the day followed by beers at night (if you're old enough obviously, can't be letting 17 year olds come >.>) would be best.

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Can I go?

No.

I kid, you can come. I assume beers will happen at some stage as the last one was in a pub.

I think in Dublin most (if not all) people are old enough, the last meetup turned out to just be a beers (Bowling was planned but not enough interest on the day).

I'd say non-beers during the day followed by beers at night (if you're old enough obviously, can't be letting 17 year olds come >.>) would be best.

Yes, 17 year olds - Down with this sort of thing.

Ah, I love ye really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Saturday 6th March
    No.

I kid, you can come. I assume beers will happen at some stage as the last one was in a pub.

Noice wan!!! I like beer. I live for it!

When?

• Advertisement
Advertisement