Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody else get that feeling Hardy is gonna pull it off?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fozzy wrote: »
    They had a number one contender's fight scheduled with Swick vs Kampmann, but then Kampmann got injured and Hardy beat Swick. Kampmann then got beaten in the meantime by Daley. So Hardy is the most deserving in the division, unless you want to do a Fitch or Alves rematch already. But I don't see the point in that, both guys were completely dominated by GSP. At least Hardy's bringing something new

Are Fitch and Alves not fighting each other on the same card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Heart says Hardy, head says GSP.

I always love a good underdog story so I'll be rooting for Hardy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

GSP tko in the second. Expect GSP to put on a striking clinic, get the knockdown, and finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

GSP tko in the second. Expect GSP to put on a striking clinic, get the knockdown, and finish.
    No way will he strike with him. He keeps going on about not letting what happened with Serra happen again.
    It'll be similar to the Alves gameplan; take him down and wear him out. Except I think GSP will be able to finish Hardy in that scenario.
    Would love to see Hardy do the upset. If he actually believes what he's saying about not giving GSP too much respect and letting his hands go then it's possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Seifer wrote: »
    No way will he strike with him. He keeps going on about not letting what happened with Serra happen again.
    It'll be similar to the Alves gameplan; take him down and wear him out. Except I think GSP will be able to finish Hardy in that scenario.
    Would love to see Hardy do the upset. If he actually believes what he's saying about not giving GSP too much respect and letting his hands go then it's possible.

I expect this ^^ is exactly what GSP is planning. I think Hardy will give a better account of himself then Alves did however.

Thiago should have butchered GSP on the feet, but he couldnt because he spent the fight worrying about George's game rather then implementing his own.
    Alves was also at at major reach disadvantage, somewhere between 6 and 8 inches(The UFC have for different bouts listed GSP's reach as 74", 75", 76" and 78")

Hardy on the other hand says he knows he cant prevent the takedown, so he is only concentrating on hurting GSP before it comes. something he should have an easier time doing then Alves did due to his reach being equal to George.

I still have GSP to win, but Hardy will give him a better fight then most think and could def

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gary s

this is my first post but i think people underestimate how good gsp striking is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

gary s wrote: »
    this is my first post but i think people underestimate how good gsp striking is

kbq0x3.gif

JonFitch_0133.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭UltimateMale

dlofnep wrote: »
    kbq0x3.gif

JonFitch_0133.jpg

Excellent, no doubting GSP's striking ability. Ok we're all human, but I reckon Serra's win against GSP was a lucky punch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Ok we're all human, but I reckon Serra's win against GSP was a lucky punch.

No such thing imo. Serra has power in his hands, which he was comfortable letting go because he wasnt worried about GSP taking him down.

If a punch is thrown with the intention of stiking your opponent, how can it be lucky? Sloppy defense exists, lucky punches don't

• Advertisement

Second primetime episode is up on ufc.com
    They have some talented guys making those things. I think you could slot anyone in and they'd make it look like they have a chance against GSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

it's probably been mentioned already but was GSP supposed to fear alves' striking. and he, gsp, beat him in that fight with a torn groin. GSP won't trade with hardy, that's fairly obvious imo. this fight will be on the ground 85% of the time. GSP to win via submission. I'm goin with submission, because i think he went to train with renzo for that reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

just watched the second Serra fight on the vault earlier ( thanks again for the Code) :D

He took him down inside 5 seconds, with literally the first punch Serra threw!

anyone expecting gsp to go out with a similar game plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭RustyBeanTin

This thread reminds me of the people who reckoned that Forrest Griffin had a good chance of beating Anderson Silva. we seen how that one went and im pretty sure this Fight will be as one sided

This thread reminds me of the people who reckoned that Forrest Griffin had a good chance of beating Anderson Silva. we seen how that one went and im pretty sure this Fight will be as one sided
    I don't think that holds up tbh. Anderson is a fantastic counter-strike and Forrest's plan was to brawl with him; was never gonna end well.
    In this fight it's about who can execute their game plan since GSP will want it on the floor and Hardy wants it on the feet. Yes, GSP is a huge favourite but I don't think Hardy's as big a dog as Forrest was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

All this himming and hawning over people having chances, aint gone happen silva and gsp are on top of there divisions, nobody out there is gonna take them off that anythime soon in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 irishdownhiller

i agree..i have a feeling..but at the same time i think i just love the underdog role and im really starting to like hardy..gsp will put a clinic on and in the post fight interviews hardy will just admit how good gsp is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

this will be as one sided as with alves.
    Hes nowhere near ready to face gsp and
    id have preferred to see this in a year or two.
    i'd love to see hardy fight alves and i
    think there would only be one winner there...Alves
    hope to hell he knocks fitchs head off.
    id fancy koscheck or alves to beat hardy

Advertisement