Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

local gaa games next weekend

Options
  • 28-02-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hey all,
    heading to galway city for 2 nights next weekend(fri/sat nite)and was just wondering where i could find out about local matches/fixtures fri evening or sat morn/afternoon,hurling or football?
    btw is water safe to drink yet has the boil water notice been lifted?
    thanks

Comments

Well there both Galway hurlers(Thurles) and footballers(Cork) are playing away next weekend. So you are out of luck for any senior games. Check here for any smaller club games but there will be no senior club games when the county teams are playing. http://www.galwaygaa.ie/

EDIT: The hurlers dont play until the week after next.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

feelinfoul wrote: »
    hey all,
    heading to galway city for 2 nights next weekend(fri/sat nite)and was just wondering where i could find out about local matches/fixtures fri evening or sat morn/afternoon,hurling or football?
    thanks

If your around on friday and Saturday your in for a treat its fitzgibbon cup weekend in Galway http://www.nuigalway.ie/about-us/news-and-events/news.php?p_id=1228

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

feelinfoul wrote: »
    hey all,
    Maybe I'm over cautious, but I never drink tap water unless it has been boiled.

As far as I know all boil notices have been lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 feelinfoul

lovely,fitzgibbon cup games are always good and competitive,thanks guys,haven't anywhere booked to stay yet, will the fact that its fitzgibbon cup weekend mean hotels will be booked up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

I drink the tap-water, and I'm still alive. (May be being slowly lead-poisoned ... but no D&V's! :p )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

I drink tap water in Galway too. No problems with it at the moment.

Advertisement