Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need replacement plug for WD product, Help needed

• 28-02-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Recently bought a WD TV live in the states and i completely forgot about the different plugs. Silly me!

However iv been looking on ebay for a replacement plug but cant find one anywhere. Currently im using the plug from my WD external hard drive which fits perfectly but its annoying having to use the same plug for either the WDTV or the HDD.

Specs i need are:

INPUT: 100-240v, 50/60hz, 500mA
    OUTPUT: 12.0V, 1500mA

If anyone can link me to one or tell me what to search for! Cant find one anywhere but they MUST be out there somewhere!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

If the PSU is multi-voltage (and it is if it says 100-240 on it), you can just use a US 2-pin to UK 3-pin adaptor.

Or cut off the US plug and wire on a 3-prong one.

Actually, I think the PSU on my WD TV has those slidey-off adaptors on it. Is that the one you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

If the PSU is multi-voltage (and it is if it says 100-240 on it), you can just use a US 2-pin to UK 3-pin adaptor.

Or cut off the US plug and wire on a 3-prong one.

Actually, I think the PSU on my WD TV has those slidey-off adaptors on it. Is that the one you have?

Thats the one i have for my external hard drive but not for the WDTV live. I noticed that and checked straight away to my disappointment. Might try rewiring the plug, using an adapter might be a bit to clunky as i have a fairly clean install. Thanks Voodu!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Well if its one of those PSUs where the adaptor is a separate block with another lead running off it (with the plug) then you should be able rewire it fairly easily. Although I should say don't go rewiring anything if you're not sure of what you're doing.

Obviously if its an all-in-one (with the plug part of the PSU) you won't be able to do this anyway.

And those little adaptors (like the ones you often get with an electric razor) are the other handy solution. You should be able to get one that fits an american 2-pin plug in any decent electrical shop.

It would be cheaper than buying the whole new PSU anyway.

Advertisement