Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

red rings help

• 28-02-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

lads need some help, posted in the sticky but got no reply, i got the 3 rings last night, i registered my serial number with xbox and went about getting it repaired, but the site says its out of warrenty, its just over two years old, im going to ring microsoft tomorrow, few questions i have.

i have 11 months xbox live will i still have this if i get it repaired ( i heard they wipe all memory)

what must i send them ( obviously the xbox)

is it worth fixing ( i heard the fix doesnt last long )

and finally if i was to buy an elite could i transfer my account to it, i just want my account with my xbox live, not bothered about exp points.

any tips i might not have thought of.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningShovel

jap gt wrote: »
    the site says its out of warrenty, its just over two years old
    Shouldn't be, MS extended the warranty to 3 years for RROD and E74 errors.
    im going to ring microsoft tomorrow
    That would be my first bit of advice, the website isn't great.
    i have 11 months xbox live will i still have this if i get it repaired ( i heard they wipe all memory)

Your Xbox LIVE subscription is tied to your Xbox LIVE account, which is stored in Microsoft's servers. This has nothing to do with your hard drive, so you should be OK. Then again, I didn't have to send them my hard drive, so I don't think it's needed for RROD fixes.
    what must i send them ( obviously the xbox)
    They'll probably tell you just to send them the console, and nothing else. (No cables/hard drives etc)
    is it worth fixing ( i heard the fix doesnt last long )
    Mine has lasted since last... May, I think, with no problems. What they generally do is replace the Motherboard, so you get your old case with a brand new insides :D
    and finally if i was to buy an elite could i transfer my account to it, i just want my account with my xbox live, not bothered about exp points.
    As I said above, your account is stored in Microsofts servers. You should be able to use the account recovery function to get everything back, including your Gamerscore, provided you know your Windows LIVE ID and password. You should also be able to re-download any games or DLC you have paid for throught the download history function (Account > Manage Account > Download history)
    any tips i might not have thought of.
    When in doubt, call support. The website is pretty much useless for support.
    thanks
    You're welcome :D

~RS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

red ring help

put some vaseline on it. should be fine in no time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

winston82 wrote: »
    put some vaseline on it. should be fine in no time
    lol

when i sent my xbox back they sent me anew one instead of fixing the old one and i got a free one month xbox live aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes it takes about 2 weeks and you gain 4 weeks live time so you will not be at a loss for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

mine took 7 days including the weekend well impressed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

i fix xboxs if u dont mind coming up to limerick send me a pm if ur interested

Advertisement