Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighting Game Forum Heads to Cannes for World Game Cup!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I hope someone recorded that , I assume chunkis was the 5th member. Thats an impressive result considering we're only a year going , how long has dragonslayers been going btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Sisko wrote: »
    I hope someone recorded that , I assume chunkis was the 5th member. Thats an impressive result considering we're only a year going , how long has dragonslayers been going btw?

Our first ranbat was in September 2007, although there had been attempts at starting a FG scene in Dragonslayers for a few years beforehand, I believe.

Cool yeah so then when you compare that to England/London scene well its pretty impressive imo

Some vids :

http://www.jeuxactu.com/article-43439-world-game-cup-2010-1eres-videos.html

French Boxer player called Renegade hard time against those japanese guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Some vids :

http://www.jeuxactu.com/article-43439-world-game-cup-2010-1eres-videos.html

French Boxer player called Renegade hard time against those japanese guys.

I know Renegade from 2df/nfba and stuff, pretty good 3s player iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

STAAAAARY LADS!!!!

Updates time!!!
    Were all hanging wot with Ryan Hart now and a load of other UK heads. Was in Mcdonalds with them myself last night sitting 2 feet away from the Japs incl Daigo!

Yeah we had a 5v5 last night it was team Northern Ireland (And Dreddy) vs the UK heads. Was very close, came up 5-4 to the UK.

Ramzi VS Roogle = Roogle Win

Tasty C VS Roogle = Roogle Win

Dogtanian VS Roogle = Dogtanian Win

Dogtanian VS Blag = Dogtanian Win

Dogtanian VS Dreddy = Dreddy Win

DB UK VS Dreddy = DB UK Win

DBUK VS Newtype = Newtype Win

Ryan Hart VS Newtype = Ryan Hart Win

Ryan Hart VS Cobelcog = Ryan Hart Win

Team England Wins 5-4

Right so you want results from actual tournament gameplay!

Let me begin with BlazBlue...VYZE!
    Made it past group stages & into the Quarter Finals, where i got KO'd in Winners & Losers. Had to go through Chungstar & took it to the limit in winners, & then got offed by an arakune (stfu vyze) in losers brackets.

Then went straight to SF4 Masters leauge, that gad 256 players in 5 mins lol. Tried to bring the Sakura game but can't hit links for **** on those 1999 tv's man...

Cobelcog won all his matches in masters, Chunkis, Ryan Hart, V-Deck & a couple of others are too, but those few were around my TV so i didn't get to see everyone!

Tomorrow is the main SF4 tournament, so i'll update tomorrow night too.

Can't believe i'm not gonna be on the main stage... my dream is over :(

Oh whats the weather like back in dublin? It's fkin FREEZING here!!! Someone email me a jacket!

Later all wish us luck!

Oh and Daigo has gone 4 days and lost only 1 match.... and he's now playing as Sagat.... Boo Hiss etc etc.

Good **** dude, glad to see your all getting on grand. SOSO wish I was there! Say well to all the lads for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Xinkai wrote: »
    then got offed by an arakune (stfu vyze) in losers brackets.
    That's what ya get for giving out about his new red outline in Portable.

Fair play though, sounds like yee're taking names all over the shop!

Has anyone fought Luffy yet? I hear he's quite the spectacular Rose player.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ahoy!

Sorry about the lack of updates, it seems Wifi is hard to come by...

Day One : After a few **** ups along the way we eventually arrived in Nice
    after being introduced to the English / UK crowd by Chunkis. Took us awhile
    to find the hotel (after much wandering around Cannes, almost getting to hotel,
    the deciding we were going the wrong way, and going back :pac:)

We settled in, got some dinner, then headed to the Northern Irish lads room for
    some casuals with the usual crowd. Then a good crowd of the English lads arrived
    including Ryan Hart, Ramzi, Dogtanion, Tasty C, DBSUK and a few others. Casuals
    insued on 1 xbox and 2 laptops set up in the room, and then the eventual
    Ireland V UK 5v5...

Roogle, Blag, Dreddy, Newtype, Coblecog V Ramzi, Tasty C, Dogtanion, DB UK, Ryan Hart

Ramzi v Roogle in the first fight. Akuma went in confident against Boxer, which was
    quickly disolved by Roogle. Ramzi, wearing his mask he bought earlier at the
    convention, quickly took it off after the beating off the first round, but to no
    evail. Roogle faced Tasty C's Blanka next but once again the dino fighter prevailed!
    However, next came Dogtanion's El Feutre. Weather it was Dogtanion's mix up game, or
    Roogle's lack of experience against Feurte, but the Mexican Chef got a very
    convincing win. Next match was Blag V Dog's Feutre and unfortunatly the Dictator
    did as well as his team mate whiffing an Ultra with a teleport. Dreddy however beat
    down Feurte and it was 3 - 2 to Ireland. DB UK brought out his Blanka next in a very close
    match, but after Blanka missing his Ultra, Dreddy also missed his in response and
    DB punished. His victory was short lived though when Newtype stepped up and shot him down.
    The biggest challange was next in the form of Ryan Hart who brought top teir domination
    down on Ryan. Coblecog took on Ryan next and after a close first round was closed down
    completly by Ryan. So in the 5 - 4 to the UK. Good job guys!

A few more casuals followed the tourny and then we headed back to our apartment....
    and then...more Street Fighter, with the the TV right beside my bed, thanks guys.

Day Two : Woken up at 8am by techno music at the pool for Germans excersising. Wtf.
    Got up, played some Street Fighter and eventually went for breakfast. The lads got
    some massive kebab rolls (I got a salad :pac:). Got some supplies for the next few
    days in the shop and then headed to the venue for the first time (!)

The whole place is great, very nice set up with tons of consoles (all padededed...)
    in the general public area, and then tons more set up with CRT's in the tournament
    area, and even 2 arcade cabs! Nothing much going on when we got there except SoulCal
    and Blazblu. I didn't see much of Blazblue unfortunatly but Xankai got to at least
    the second match (or so he claims :pac:) gj! SoulCal final on the big screen was
    actually great to watch, really intense. The reaction of the crowd when certain stages
    were picked was great (cheap Hilda!). Team France won the 5v5 Soul Cal. Unfortunatly some of us were too late to reg
    for the SFIV Masters Event but Ry, Dreddy, Blag, Coblecog, Newtype, Vdeck, Roogle,
    Chunkis and LiquidSword competed (special mention to Coblecog who beat Japanese Desora 2 - 0 including a perfect!. In the end Dreddy, Coblecog, Newtype, Vdeck, Roogle and
    Blag got past the group stages. Vdeck was the only one to play his next match but
    unfortunately lost to Ramzi's Akuma.

Special note to Tin's 3s team who lost in the quarter finals but have a really good
    chance in the loser bracket which continues tomorrow.

The tourny went on too late and continues tomorrow at 10am. Right now we're just back
    in the apartment playing casuals and having some beer....well, I'm having some beer.

Today is the end of the Masters, end of 3s, and SFIV 2v2....and then much much training
    for Sunday's 1v1 Street Fighter IV!

Day Three : Got up early to head down to see the rest of Masters at 10am. Coblecog, Ryan
    and Dreddy all won their first fights. Special mention to Dreddy who played excellently
    against Japanese player Desora, shutting him down totally 2 - 0. His next match was against
    French Fei Long player Evans. The first match was very much dominated by Evans and his excellent
    Rekka reactions. Dreddy adapted well though and the second game was painfully close tit for tat
    with great pokes from both players. Russian Wrestling was the best in that game, 1 - 1. The next
    game was the painfully close. After Fei took the first round Dreddy came back in fine form in the
    second, landing his Ultra at the end of the match which killed his opponant with 1 second to go.
    Too late! Match point went down to the clock again, and with the smallest life lead, Evans
    managed to avoid the Russian wrestler and it was a Time Over win for Evans. Well played Dreddy!
    Top 16! Coblecog also made the top 16 but lost to who is allegadly the best Rose in the world
    with some fancy dashing.

That's it for now. Go go free Maccy D wifi!

Also

3c2a5_thumb.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is that post ejaculation?
    fair play dredds

here less of the NI updates and more REPUBLIC OF UPDATES
    where did u guys end up in the league ? ry knocked out in first round?
    do tell

Jim wrote: »
    Top 16! Coblecog also made the top 16 but lost to who is allegadly the best Rose in the world
    with some fancy dashing.
    Youch. Even scarier than I thought he was then! XD
    Woken up at 8am by techno music at the pool for Germans excersising. Wtf.
    I assume yee joined in very morning after that?

Wow I dunno what to say except I hate you all.

& that dreddy looks like he was standing there posing, waiting for daigo to walk past :p hehe

Also, VIDS BETTER BE RECORDED, EVEN ****TY MOBILE PHONE VIDS.
    Ramza wrote: »
    I know Renegade from 2df/nfba and stuff, pretty good 3s player iirc

I know a renegade from 2df etc too but that guy's from the UK.
    Northern Ireland (And Dreddy)

Sure Blag and Cobelcog are from the ROI too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dreddy's skill increases are starting to scare me.
    He's like a Super Saiyan or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Had to go through Chungstar & took it to the limit in winners
    Haha, please tell me Cuongster exploded again by having to play a Nu!

Super!!!!!!was played earlier on the main stage as an exhibition which was pretty sweet. Hakan not pickable though :pac:. Apparently we will be able to play Super later on today, but will probably have to queue for ages to get at it, probably wont bother myself. Juri and Ibuki look ****ing nasty.

2v2's are finished for all of us heh. Not sure how all the teams did but Team Discovery Channel and my team (cheesenan) were knocked out at the first stage. A random French guy came up to me and asked me to join his team as his mate hadn't showed up, so I obliged. Despite his decent Sim we got destroyed. One of the teams in our pool had team hoodies with sponsors plastered all over them >< Casuals happening now and 2v2 finals should be taking place soon.

I played really really badly today, but hopefully will do better in the actual solo tourny tomorrow. Unfortunately no vids were taken of the tournament to my knowledge, which kinda sucks. I tried taking some of Dreddy V Desora, but only got the first few seconds before my phone cam failed badly. Afaik though Chunkis recorded almost all of the North V South 5v5.

In other news, some 10 year old French lad is destroying everyone in his path >< Last I heard they were trying to organise a money match between him and Chunkis :pac:

PS. Coblecog is from Derry I believe!

Deadly , glad there's footage of that 5v5. Yeah I knew cobelcog said he was from Derry but you insisted he was from Donegal :P

Cheers for the updates man keep 'em coming when you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

PS. Coblecog is from Derry I believe!

I've heard Newry myself. Anyway, well played Cobelcog and Dreddy for recording decisive wins over one of the Japanese players.

Yeah I heard that Desora is meant to be the best gouken player in the world? Or at least some consider him so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Advertisement

3s >> all

that said, fair ****s lads, keep us posted :=)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

This YouTube channel has a few vids up from the tourney http://www.youtube.com/user/Dellenyum

Just saying this as a quick update,

CANNES IS A ****HOLE.
    Busses stop running at 10.
    All food joints stop serving at 10 or 10:30.
    Streets are horrible.

AND IT'S BLEEDIN FREEZIN!!!!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hey, at least you're not there until Monday. IIRC on Mondays in France, EVERYTHING closes at midday.

Vyze wrote: »
    Haha, please tell me Cuongster exploded again by having to play a Nu!

Na he was a really nice chap. I shouldn't have lost though TBH i made a mistake and burst early.

Still shocked i lost against Arakune though i was just nervous.

Vyze i'll be back on tuesday Me You Joe & Kiki should hook up online to prepare for friday and the BB invasion lol.

Yeah I heard that Desora is meant to be the best gouken player in the world? Or at least some consider him so.
    Going by this weekend, I would say not. He's getting beaten quite frequently afaik.

Solo tounry starting late today so they can finish off Soul Cal. Highly doubt everything will be finished on time, its gonna be close.

PS. Coblecog is from Down. Mystery solved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Going by this weekend, I would say not. He's getting beaten quite frequently afaik.

Solo tounry starting late today so they can finish off Soul Cal. Highly doubt everything will be finished on time, its gonna be close.

PS. Coblecog is from Down. Mystery solved!

Maybe people just got mixed up and hes actually the worst gouken in the world :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Placebo wrote: »

Watching that video I notice that the Announcer is in English, but Akuma has his Japanese name under his health bar. Is there some way to set it like that in SFIV, or does the Japanese version just have an English announcer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Some of the skill shown there is awesome.

Advertisement