Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Blackburn match thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Babel time. On for Yossi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Chimbonda should be off. Nasty again from Blackburn
    Indeed, he should have walked. New favourite for a red. Babel on, good to see, hope he gets a couple :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Dirty Blackburn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

how blackburn haven't had a couple of players sent off here is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i think perhaps if a Blackburn player pulls a gun out, then they might just get sent off, might get away with that tho too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Bloody hell gerrard :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gerrard's had a very quiet second half

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Gerrard's had a very quiet second half

Good first half, not in the game at all in the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

We've been poor in the second half, need to start getting on the ball again

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

retard stream swapped to the bayern match

• Advertisement

Blackburn play a lot of long balls.

Causing us trouble today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Douchebags put a german game on while this match is still on! :eek: WTF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

honestly can't remember the last chance we created.
    what Aquilani needs to do to get a game i don't know.

hope we hang on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Good to be back folks. Wont be posting here much from now on. had a problem with my account. Good to see Torres back on the mark anyway.

Good to be back folks. Wont be posting here much from now on. had a problem with my account. Good to see Torres back on the mark anyway.

eh?

5 minutes, this will be a long one.

Torres made a huge difference today. Created so much space just by forcing the other team to put two on him. Such a boost to have our best player back.

Hope he stays fully fit until the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

What a world class save from Pep. Amazing

Where did that 5 mins come from

WOW PEPE JUST WOW.

• Advertisement

What an amazing save from pepe there. It was right in the bottom corner at full stretch.

My god reina....without him we would be ****ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

So hows the bayern match going lads? :D:D:D

Ngog on for torres. A late one for b'burn here will turn me back to da drink ....again.

Edit....pepe saves blushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Reina just saved our Bacon. genius
    It's been a pathetic second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Unfcuking real. Wow Pepe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Reina really is some fuckin keeper!

joe123 wrote: »
    My god reina....without him we would be ****ed

You are not wrong. With Torres missing so much time this season, it has been Pepe that has been the main man for keeping us in games all season.

I hope everyone of our players shakes Reinas hand at the end of that.

Well I will take that. Pep made the difference at the death.

Not sure why Benitez did not do a Bridge on SA. Allardyce being talked to by the police.

• Advertisement

Everyone sitting back round our own box at anfield against blackburn, shocking mentality in the second half. Were were lucky to get all 3

Happy with the three points. Pity the intensity and play of the first 60 minutes was not continued, but a win is a win, and it is one with a lot of positives, not least the return of our top gun in Torres.

Good 1st half poor in the 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

How did it come to this? At home to Blackburn and hanging on for dear life. Have i missed something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Il take it, was half expecting a poor second half after a night on a sapping pitch on thursday night. Alot of the lads just looked tired after 65 minutes.

Reina to the rescue at the end, superman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Missed the save.

Look forward to it later. Kind of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Lucky to get all 3 against freakin Blackburn..... terrible.

No Aquilani again!!!!!

Ugh.

good to see people moaning away.

Glad that's over :)

3 points in the bag.

City and Spurs play each other next week so we may go above 1 or both of them if we beat Wigan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Woah Pepe amazing again!! I really love that man, future Liverpool captain! Encouraging signs in the first half of some decent football returning but we kind of went off the boil in the second which could have cost us dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Liverpool of old in the first half. Liverpool of late in the second. We should have finished the game off with a third goal. Rafa is threading on thin ice if he expects us to sit so deep for so long and not concede. On another day Reina may not have saved that.

Still though, for 45 minutes we were fantastic. Great movement, passing and hunger in the team. Lots of creativity and that is something to be positive about. Next time we need to play like that for 70 minutes and have a two or three goal cushion. Frustrating second half but it is still an improvement and we got the three points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Good performance by Liverpool, but went off the boil in the second half after starting it brightly, possibly just tired after the UEFA cup game on Thursday I guess. First goal was one of the best we've scored all season, some lovely one touch passing and movement.

Mr Alan wrote: »

What do you expect, we will have to perform alot better than that to get fourth. City just bet chelsea, spurs seem to be hitting form. We were playing well in the first half and just started to invite pressure on ourselves. Blackburn are a fairly poor side and should have punished us with the chances they had

Blackburn's tackling was nothing short of a disgrace in that game. They deserved to have at least one man sent off if for no other reason but to punish the team.

Lucky at the end to hold on thanks to Renia. Would have been more comfortable with the Greek in there for all them long balls if he wasnt suspended. Great to have Fernando back too he is a pleasure to watch.

On another subject streams are an absolute joke, its painful that these games are not on sky/espn/setanta or that more pubs dont have the extra channels( or even one in Galway at least there is one in Cork with them).

Getting a bit concerned about the Aqualani situation at this stage, why isn't he getting any game time it's ridiculous, feel sorry for the chap.

Oh another positive from today was Masch at right full, much more effective than Carra there, I think he should start there until Glenjo is back.

Come off it.

Everyone back fit today as well? There weren't even any excuses.

which is why we were great for the first 60mins, then tired toward the end. I'm not saying thats good, but its not too surprising tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Im convinced some people on here wont be happy unless we get relegated so they can say they were right about Rafa all along.

Of course the team were going to be tired in the second half, they only got back from Romania on Friday morning after playing on that shíte pitch.

which is why we were great for the first 60mins, then tired toward the end. I'm not saying thats good, but its not too surprising tbh.

The kicking we got from the blackburn players didn't help either, its hard to play football when thats going on.

The way this season has been going I'm happy with a win no matter how we get it.

Okay, well when you play well (thought great was an aexaggeration - better than the recent muck alright) I still expect us not to be penned into our own box for thr last 20 minutes of a game at home to Blackburn.

How tired should they (Blackburn) have been after chasing shadows for 60 minutes?

Theres always going to be a bit of holding on when there only a goal in it but that was excessive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement