Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Blackburn match thread.

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

no, he hasnt!

Yes, he has!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the rafa/allardyce thing is just getting silly

for allardyce to come out on motd and complain about the amount of fouls the ref gave against his team is insane given that 2 of his players on another day would have have seen red for dangerous play

i also don't like to see any manager make fun of the other teams style of play, its not professional and its not like rafa hasn't used a dogged blackburn esque style in the past to win games
    Its getting really embarrassing to see Big Sam go on and on like this. Great finish by Stevie G there. Say what you want about him but time and time again he pops up with the goals.
    As for Reina he is my Liverpool of the year. He has been absolutely immense. And what has been very impressive is his distribution off the kick outs. A future Liverpool captain IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

As a Blackburn fan i didn't see the game, and i missed the highlights.

Although i'd say some of the Liverpool fans on here are close to blowing "dirty" Blackburn out of proportion, having not seen it i'm not surprised.

Before i go on though i think one thing Allardyce said that has been right is that Liverpool have resorted to the kind of tactics that they may not have used in the past few seasons. I think their position in the fair play league suggests that too and there is not much difference in discipline between the 2 clubs according to that league this season. However for him to follow it up with a comment that he hasn't got the players at Blackburn to use his "Bolton" set up is comical.

I don't like Allardyce being manager of the club, i hate seeing Blackburn play the way they do considering Hughes had the same side playing decent football.

It was a good result for Liverpool and hopefully they can move on from this now, it is a difficult game out of the way and 3 more points in the bag. Torres back and scoring should keep you all happy above and beyond that too.

As a Blackburn fan i didn't see the game, and i missed the highlights.

Although i'd say some of the Liverpool fans on here are close to blowing "dirty" Blackburn out of proportion, having not seen it i'm not surprised.

Before i go on though i think one thing Allardyce said that has been right is that Liverpool have resorted to the kind of tactics that they may not have used in the past few seasons. I think their position in the fair play league suggests that too and there is not much difference in discipline between the 2 clubs according to that league this season. However for him to follow it up with a comment that he hasn't got the players at Blackburn to use his "Bolton" set up is comical.

I don't like Allardyce being manager of the club, i hate seeing Blackburn play the way they do considering Hughes had the same side playing decent football.

It was a good result for Liverpool and hopefully they can move on from this now, it is a difficult game out of the way and 3 more points in the bag. Torres back and scoring should keep you all happy above and beyond that too.
    Think Lee Dixon gave an honest assesement of your teams defence while also talking up their positives. Blackburn were poor for Torrest goal and backed off on Torres. I think Big Sam does himself no favours when he continually goes on about the stuff with Rafa and other decisions. He needs to end it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think yesterday was an exceptionally good Lucas performance.

I don't think, personally, he has been hitting those highs on a regular basis.

Nonetheless, the improvement this year is marked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Nice goal by the captain, even when he's not on form he can pop up and change the course of the game!

Nice goal by the captain, FOR ONCE THIS SEASON when he's not on form he can pop up and change the course of the game!

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Wasnt able to watch the game but just saw the highlights. What a ball from Lucas for the Torres goal! A Peach.

noodler wrote: »
    FYP

He scored 5 other times in the premiership, so i wouldnt say FOR ONCE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

He didn't change the course of the game - he scored during our good spell of play in the first half. If he'd popped up with a goal at 1-1 or when Blackburn were on top, that would be changing the course of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Nice goal by the captain, even when he's not on form he can pop up and change the course of the game!

funny how you don't give N'Gog the same credit when he's done it.

PiE wrote: »
    He didn't change the course of the game - he scored during our good spell of play in the first half. If he'd popped up with a goal at 1-1 or when Blackburn were on top, that would be changing the course of the game.

Of course it changed the course of the game!

He scored 5 other times in the premiership, so i wouldnt say FOR ONCE!

Well, two were penalties in fairness.

He did change the game in the Wolves win and the Bolton win though.

I'd have said Torres goal was the gamechanger.

FYP
    You do remember this game dont you?
    _46997327_008468917-1.jpg

You do remember this game dont you?
    _46997327_008468917-1.jpg

I am incredulous. Look at the post RIGHT before your one, go on theres a good boy...can't do it? Fine I'll quote it.

Well, two were penalties in fairness.

He did change the game in the Wolves win and the Bolton win though.

I'd have said Torres goal was the gamechanger.

I am incredulous. Look at the post RIGHT before your one, go on theres a good boy...can't do it? Fine I'll quote it.
    You said he changed the game once this season. thats twice ;).
    Im looking at this post below.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64697756&postcount=258

You said he changed the game once this season. thats twice ;).
    Im looking at this post below.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64697756&postcount=258

I guess you have have learnt your lesson about not posting a reply until you have read the entire thread then.

Good good, happy to help.

I guess you have have learnt your lesson about not posting a reply until you have read the entire thread then.

Good good, happy to help.
    Your mistake. Not taking the rap for this one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

changing the game twice (its actually been three times don't forget the winner at bolton) this season isn't exactly what anyone is looking for from steven gerrard, this is a guy who has set himself huge standards, for comparison purposes kuyt and n'gog have both changed a game 4 times apiece this season

• Advertisement

changing the game twice (its actually been three times don't forget the winner at bolton) this season isn't exactly what anyone is looking for from steven gerrard, this is a guy who has set himself huge standards, for comparison purposes kuyt and n'gog have both changed a game 4 times apiece this season
    How many goals has Gerrard got this season from midfield compared to the others. You cant compare him with two strikers whose job it is to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

How many goals has Gerrard got this season from midfield compared to the others. You cant compare him with two strikers whose job it is to score.

gerrard doesn't play midfield, he plays off the striker, kuyt plays right wing

benni has as many as gerrard, babel has like 5

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Jaysus the best team goal we've scored this season, with actual football being played descends into a Gerrard argument, you should all be ashamed.

And for the records his finish was fantastic his touch though was incredibly lucky.

Dear God.

he's a forward.

he did his job well yesterday with the finish.

gerrard doesn't play midfield, he plays off the striker, kuyt plays right wing

benni has as many as gerrard, babel has like 5
    Also factor in the Stevie G's injuries. Yeah know Gerrard's role is just off the striker but he is know as a CM. Not a striker in any real sense.

Give the guy some credit, it was a good goal.
    If it had been Lucas who scored, the praise would have been enormous...................................... but that wouldnt happen :pac:

• Advertisement

Give the guy some credit, it was a good goal.
    If it had been Lucas who scored, the praise would have been enormous...................................... but that wouldnt happen :pac:

name one person who didn't give him credit for scoring.

exactly.

if Gerrard had controlled the game like Lucas did yesterday, your praise for him would have been enormous.

any news yet on the Aurelio injury?

SlickRic wrote: »

if Gerrard had controlled the game like Lucas did yesterday, your praise for him would have been enormous.

Controlled the game??? :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Your mistake. Not taking the rap for this one ;)

Oh no, you don't get away with your lazy reading and giddy quote button that easily.

If someone makes a mistake and is corrected in a thread and then acknowledges it then they are off the hook.

Coming in half-cocked and not reading the next 10 or so posts was your problem son.

Oh no, you don't get away with your lazy reading and giddy quote button that easily.

If someone makes a mistake and is corrected in a thread and then acknowledges it then they are off the hook.

Coming in half-cocked and not reading the next 10 or so posts was your problem son.
    if you say so :rolleyes:

if you say so :rolleyes:

Oh come one, so if in this thread someone makes a mistake in post number 3 about who scored Liverpool's opener and is then corrected and acknowledges it in post number 20 - you come flying in at post 40 and correct him because you failed to read ahead?

Yes, I say so.

• Advertisement

if Gerrard had controlled the game like Lucas did yesterday,?

Your love for Lucas really must run deep, you didnt even see the game yet you're going on about him controlling it.
    It must be love :pac::pac::pac:

Maybe watch the game next time before you comment!!!
    i didn't see the game, but that's a very good result, against a team that probably tried to kick the sh*t out of us.

someone want to give a quick synposis?

positives? negatives? who played well, not so well?

great to see Stevie and Nando scoring.

Your love for Lucas really must run deep, you didnt even see the game yet you're going on about him controlling it.
    It must be love :pac::pac::pac:

Maybe watch the game next time before you comment!!!

you don't think i watched the game since i posted that at about 6pm yesterday?

Dont be upset that i caught you out :D

Oh come one, so if in this thread someone makes a mistake in post number 3 about who scored Liverpool's opener and is then corrected and acknowledges it in post number 20 - you come flying in at post 40 and correct him because you failed to read ahead?

Yes, I say so.
    Part of your iniitation Noodler. Grooming you for post of the villanous fanboy before I leave ;)

Fair play to you, it may hurt standing here (as if it could get much worse) but I wouldn't sit through an entire 90 minutes after knowing the result and/or seeing the highlights of a game that had already finished.
    Part of your iniitation Noodler. Grooming you for post of the villanous fanboy before I leave ;)

Scary stuff.

Fair play to you, it may hurt standing here (as if it could get much worse) but I wouldn't sit through an entire 90 minutes after knowing the result and/or seeing the highlights of a game that had already finished.

ah when it's on in the background, it's not too much hassle.

you can do other stuff while watching.

you don't need to be 100% into it to get a fairly clear idea of the game, and Lucas was very good, and was one of the main reasons we were so good first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

lucasq.gif

Just spotted this on another forum and laughing away, some dive from Lucas. But in all seriousness did he get a card for that?

RasTa wrote: »
    lucasq.gif

Just spotted this on another forum and laughing away, some dive from Lucas. But in all seriousness did he get a card for that?
    Blackburn player did AFAIK

Blackburn player did AFAIK

should have been red in fairness

rarnes1 wrote: »
    should have been red in fairness
    to be fair there wasnt much in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

is that a gif of lucas gettin grabbed in sorta headlock, then grabbed by the face and pushed to the ground? definate red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Mr Alan wrote: »
    is that a gif of lucas gettin grabbed in sorta headlock, then grabbed by the face and pushed to the ground? definate red card.
    I know how did Lucas get away with it if anything this proves the bias of refs toward the bigger teams

gets coat/

Trolling 101.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

RasTa wrote: »

2/10, back under the bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

to be fair there wasnt much in it.

I hope you're being sarcastic because that most definately constitutes a red card imo

Advertisement