Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few Aprillia Mana 850 GT questions

• 28-02-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

At the moment, I have an full A license, but it is restricted to automatics.

I am strongly considering upgrading to an Aprillia Mana 850 GT, but I'm wondering if I need to upgrade the license to remove the restriction? The reason is that whilst the Mana 850 is technically automatic, you can manually change gears if you like. In essence, it is both automatic and manual.

I assume that to remove the restriction means taking the driving test again (I assume there is no need to do theory test). Does anyone here know for sure?

My second question is what is the cheapest method of buying the bike new? Is importing cheaper and likely to cause complications or a lot of extra hassle?

And lastly, what insurance company would you recommend, taking into account that I'm willing to do any rider assessment courses?

Thanks for any assistance!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

had a look at a few websites and they just sound like the "gears" on a burgman, I wouldnt exactly call it manual anyway but you never know, maybe ask on the motors forum the same question only about a car with a tiptronic/paddle shifting gearbox as that seems very much like the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Dose it have a manual clutch leaver? ie. do you pull a clutch to change gear, stop etc?
    No clutch leaver = automatic as far as i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

its an auto

but do your test again so you can have A REAL LISENCE

Advertisement