Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVENT 20-21/04/2010 : IFI Anime Weekend

Options
  • 28-02-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Seems the IFI rae doing an anime weekend on the 20th and 21st, they're showing:

EVA 1.11
    5 cm per second
    EVA 2.0
    The girl who leapt through time
    Gundam Unicorn followed by Blood: the Last Vampire
    Summer Wars

I'mma go to 2 of those, I think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Is this the first screening of Eva 2.0 in Ireland? I'll be going to that, Eva 1.11 and maybe 5cm Per Second.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Evangelions on the big screen, yesplz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Ridiculously excited for Eva 2.0!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I already have my ticket monkey heading in tomorrow to the ticket office.

eva 2.0 should be great and on big screen to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Woah woah, Evangelion 2.0? I'm there just for that, but with 5cm per Second, Evangelion 1.11 and Gundam Unicorn also, I'm there on all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

fitz0 wrote: »
    Is this the first screening of Eva 2.0 in Ireland

Yeah. They showed Eva 1 and 2 at the Glasgow film festivial back in February. I was going to go but something came up. My boyfriend and I got the tickets for all of Saturday and for Gundam on Sunday. Looking forward to it.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Got tickets for everything except for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (already have it on DVD). When the programme arrived in the post I yelped aloud when I saw the two Evangelion films were being shown - having just finished the series a month or two ago, I've been dying to see the first one, but getting to see both on the same day is very exciting! Have also really wanted to see 5cm per Second since watching Voices of a Distant Star / Place Promised.... Should be a fantastic weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Presumably it'll only be the first episode of Gundam Unicorn.
    Definitely gonna check that out along with the Eva movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Coming up from Limerick on the Friday. Hitting all 6 with meh Anime & Manga buddies from UL :p I am looking forward to it greatly. Any word on who will be speaking there this time around?

Booked my tickets for the saturday. Its going to be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I already have my ticket monkey heading in tomorrow to the ticket office.

eva 2.0 should be great and on big screen to boot

I've been known lurk other forums you know -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mkvenner

aww man!
    I would have really liked to go, but i have school and lots of expanding my mind time.
    meh
    maybe next time -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Nockz wrote: »
    Coming up from Limerick on the Friday. Hitting all 6 with meh Anime & Manga buddies from UL :p I am looking forward to it greatly. Any word on who will be speaking there this time around?

Panel guests: Jonathan Clements, Hugh David and Andrew Partridge.

Andrew Partridge (Beez) and Hugh K. David who both have extensive experience of the anime industry, and Jonathan Clements, author of Schoolgirl Milky Crises: Adventures in the Anime and Manga Trade, and co-author of the Anime Encyclopedia.
    FYI. Paul. You silly rabbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Panel guests: Jonathan Clements, Hugh David and Andrew Partridge.

Andrew Partridge (Beez) and Hugh K. David who both have extensive experience of the anime industry, and Jonathan Clements, author of Schoolgirl Milky Crises: Adventures in the Anime and Manga Trade, and co-author of the Anime Encyclopedia.
    FYI. Paul. You silly rabbit.
    I like to think my silly question helped someone else make up their mind as to whether or not they would go to this event :p

Can't wait for some aneem and mango!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

Is this on in April or March?

This facebook page says March.

March, its the Saturday after next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Justapilgrim

Can't wait for this!! EVA 2.0 is a masterpiece, cant wait to watch it on the big screen.:D

Got my tickets today. I'm slightly concerned that watching 1.11 and 5cm in a row might wear me out for 2.0, which is the only one I haven't seen, so I want to be particularly attentive for that. I suppose I have the option of passing up on 1.11 if I really feel it's necessary, but there is not a chance in hell that I'm going to miss 5cm and I'm getting a bit excited about that panel afterward also.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Correct me if I'm wrong, but EVA 1.11 and EVA 2.0 are basically just the TV series made shinier? If not, how much new content is there? Would someone who's seen the series actually be watching much new stuff if he went to see the filme?

gearoidof wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but EVA 1.11 and EVA 2.0 are basically just the TV series made shinier? If not, how much new content is there? Would someone who's seen the series actually be watching much new stuff if he went to see the filme?

They've completely redrawn tons of scenes, just look at this http://doanimation.wordpress.com/2007/09/03/new-vs-old-evangelion-side-by-side-comparison/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

I meant more along the lines of story and content, but you answered me inadvertently, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Just wondering if anyone will be cosplaying at this event. I know I will be.

I won't be but will there be a boards meet up before or after for a drink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 GuardianDemon

Yeah, i might try meeting up with ome forumers for a drink or 2 after the shows !!

I'll probably post up what ill be wearing Lol !!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

fitz0 wrote: »
    I won't be but will there be a boards meet up before or after for a drink?

I'd be up for a beverage with some fellow anime fans. I'm going to be there for like 10 hours over the weekend, and I don't think I'll be able to get any of my friends to spend said amount of time in a cinema, so some friendly faces would be welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Definitely going, if not to see 2 of my favorite animes (5CM and Girl Who Leapt Through Time) on the big screen, as well as new Evangelion!

Anybody know if the movies will be subtitled or dubbed?

If they're dubbed, I'm going to storm out of the place outraged.

It's IFI, it's a movie lovers place, I'm sure they know that people will want to see the sub rather than the dub.

They're all subbed, don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 GuardianDemon

I thought it had been confimred that Eva 1.11 will be Dubbed and Eva 2.0 will be subbed ?? I KNOW I read that somewhere !!

• Advertisement

I thought it had been confimred that Eva 1.11 will be Dubbed and Eva 2.0 will be subbed ?? I KNOW I read that somewhere !!

From the Eirtakon forums:

Just to confirm that - as I programmed the weekend and agreed with the licensors what materials would be used I can confirm again that all films shown will be in Japanese with English subtitles.

For fans of Evangelion or those looking for extra incentive to come along for Evangelion 2.0 please note:

We're using the 35mm festival print with English subtitles which means you will find that after the credits is the same theatrical trailer shown in Japanese cinemas for Evangelion 3.0 as well! So I'd suggest you stay until the credits are finished. I checked this earlier this month as we're using the same reel I used at the Glasgow Film Festival screening.

There will also be a workshop from Jonathan Clements on both days but I need to confirm the details for booking a place on that, I'll post it up afterwards for anyone interested in taking part. Spaces will be limited to 15 places on each day for the workshop element.

Enjoy ^^!

- Andrew Partridge,
    Beez Entertainment / IFI Anime Weekend's programmer

Advertisement