Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVENT 20-21/04/2010 : IFI Anime Weekend

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

IIRC, Blood: The Last Vampire was just meant as an pilot of sorts.

The theme is continued and expanded upon in blood+, i.e. same monsters, but girl has to "develop" to badass

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I'm surprised they showed Blood, it's kinda old.

The story was developed in the spinoff manga and the series of novels which followed it.

There was also an anime Blood+ based on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I spotted Butterscotch in their cosplay.. fair play!

Thanks. I thought the same when I saw the Gendo cosplayer. I really thought I would be the only one cosplaying, so it was nice to see another cosplayer. I really had a fun weekend. I really found Jonathan, Andrew and Hugh's panel about the anime industry and their panel after Evangelion 2.0 really interesting.

I think they showed Blood the Last Vampire because it is short as Gundam Unicorn was only an hour so they needed another short anime to kill the time. I enjoyed it nevertheless. Seriously being at the IFI and seeing Evangelion 2.0 was just as good as being at a really good music gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

All of us from Limerick really enjoyed it.

Evangelion 2.0 blew my mind as a huge Eva fan (mah favourite series), but I think 1.0/1.11 works much better as a cohesive movie.
    Gundam Unicorn was good enough, it's basically more Gundam, bought the blu-ray just to support worldwide initiatives.
    Summer Wars was good, but not great. Twas quite predictable, and I never felt "in-danger"/worried for the characters. Enjoyable though.

Went to 6 (skipped Blood), but most have seen 5cm/S, TGWLTT & Blood, the first 2 being fantastic titles, the latter has aged badly (shown again at Access Cinema festivals last November).

The panels were great, shame we had to leave for a dinner reservation on Saturday night and the last bus back to Limerick on Sunday night.

But seriously <3 Eva :D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Was great to see the cinema packed out for all of these screenings.

Hopefully the IFI will take notice and put more on during the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

I only got to the Gundam/Blood screening.. Gundam was so confusing and it just gave me a headache, especially with the hangover that I had. Not a good combination. Blood was fun I though. I regret not going to "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" now.... and fairplay to the cosplayers.. very impressive. Will there be a Ghibli weekend sometime? I hope so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Redegg wrote: »
    Will there be a Ghibli weekend sometime? I hope so...

That would be savage! 6 movies over 2 days. I wonder what they would show...

My 6 would be:-

1 - Pom Poko
    2 - Princess Mononoke
    3 - Spirited Away
    4 - Kiki's Delivery Service
    5 - My Neighbour Totoro
    6 - Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

But theres so many, they should have a Ghibli season. 1 movie a day for however long it goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I'd sell a large portion of my DVD collection to see Princess Mononoke (my favorite movie) on the big screen.

Advertisement