Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping Cart software that delivers software licences

Options
  • 28-02-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a shopping cart which can deliver software licences out of a list.

Our product is a software product and licence key combination. Each customer gets their own licence key. (Anyone can download the software, but it cannot be activated without the unique licence key.)

We have a (large) list of unique keys. Our current solution use 1ShoppingCart to email the next licence key off the top of the list to the customer on purchase. 1SC gives us a warning email when we're running low on the number of licences left in the system.

I'm looking for alternative shopping carts - e.g. I've looked at Zen Cart, it's support for this is not great. Has anyone here used similiar functionality within preferably a free or open source shopping cart?

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
    Alastair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Id say thats a bespoke design for a shopping cart. Easy enough to implement though:

Customer purchases software
    Makes successful payment
    Payment page fires a return script that just emails the next code...Code checks balance of licence codes and emails you if necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Yeah, I found the easiest solution was just to write my own basic shopping cart that generates a new unique license key based on a few unique bits of info and emails it to them once the purchase is verified.

I did look at a few existing carts but none of them did just what I wanted the way I wanted..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Cheers for the suggestions. I'd strongly prefer an out of the box solution, rather than reinventing the wheel. I'm surprised there's so little out there.

Oh well, time to fire up the IDE.

Advertisement