Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Larne Half Marathon

• 28-02-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

March 20th.

Anyone done this or as anyone a link to a previous thread ?
    Undecided between Ballycotton and this. Is it a tough one ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Doing this myself and checked the website out the other night. No profile of what the course is like and no one has come back to the person who asked the course profile before i could. Looks like they are hoping for around 1,000 in total with a relay and walkers as well.

15 quid and perfect timing for Edinburgh so had to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62169840&postcount=8

If you got a day with feck all wind this would be the perfect half marathon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62169840&postcount=8

If you got a day with feck all wind this would be the perfect half marathon...

Cheers for that. I see its a kinda out and back. Really tempting.

Where are the hills ?? thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Mile 5 to 7 and then downhill and flat and hopefully calm. I'm glad i've been doing some hills in my training thus far.

Thanks folks for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tommygunn

My first half ever...

As has been said rumour has it that between 5 and 7 you'll be hit with a tough hill(s).

You're very exposed to wind though which would make it a lot tougher. I'm 6' plus so I suspect some people will be "drafting" me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tommygunn

Looking at mapmyrun and knowing the area miles 5 - 7 will be pretty hilly so be prepared!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I've just entered. Heard good reports about this from SP (above) and another guy I know. It starts at 1 pm which also gives runners south of the border plenty of time to drive up.

I know of a good few runners heading up this year. I decided to this instead of Ballycotton. Have never ran in Ballycotton but with a field of 3,500 I'm glad I opted out. Just have to start doing some faster running in training now !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

Cheers for that. I see its a kinda out and back. Really tempting.

Where are the hills ?? thanks again.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the hills. They're over the course of a mile or so at mile 5 as mentioned. It's a steady climb rather than steep. You've got around 11 totally flat miles, 1 mile with a gradual uphill and 1 mile going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Peckham

This was probably going to be my pre-London dress rehearsal, but re-evaluation of plans following injury means I'm probably going to drop it.

(It's also the final day of the 6 nations, which I'd like to spend on the couch!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement