Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Events?Dublin

• 28-02-2010 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Has there ever been a Pokemon event held in Dublin?
    Are there any upcoming events coming any where in Ireland?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

Not that I know of but damn that would be fun XD
    Only "events" I can think of would be cosplaying at cons and if you organized a group cosplay and meetup outside of the con.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Try asking in the loverley Pokeforum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Blue_Seas wrote: »
    Only "events" I can think of would be cosplaying at cons and if you organized a group cosplay and meetup outside of the con.

* hint hint * Eirtakon 2010 ;)

I'm not sure whether my early plans with other Eirtakus made several months ago will be going ahead or not, but plan on going as either Ruby from PokéSpecial or Lucario, or both! If anyone wants to join me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Apparantly there was a Shaymin one here last year. I missed it though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Apparantly there was a Shaymin one here last year. I missed it though :(
    It was in Game in Dundrum last April, and *cough* attempted to advertise it on my Youtube*cough*.
    Pity you didn't go, my head evolved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I went after work but the bastards didn't hang around that long. As far as I'm concerned it was all just an elaborate hoax to make me buy Hand Of The Heavenly Bride.

Banjo wrote: »
    I went after work but the bastards didn't hang around that long. As far as I'm concerned it was all just an elaborate hoax to make me buy Hand Of The Heavenly Bride.
    The staff were live from 9am to 4.30pm, I was taking to them on the day and they came down from Belfast the night before and were getting a ferry later that day to go to the UK for the rest of the tour. It's not their fault the times sucked

So who do you suggest we blame? The ferry company? The moon? Noah's son Ham? Nintendo of Europe in general don't care about anyone, but they especially don't care about us!

(for the record, I'm not bitter) :D

Banjo wrote: »
    So who do you suggest we blame? The ferry company? The moon? Noah's son Ham? Nintendo of Europe in general don't care about anyone, but they especially don't care about us!

(for the record, I'm not bitter) :D
    If you want to blame someone, blame those that don't go to official events. By going to events (even crap Wii Sports ones) and taking part in the photos they have to tak and giving them writen feedback to send back to their company (and then on to Nintendo) that will encourage them to come back. I used to moan about the exact same thing before I got on the other side of the argument. By not going you (the general public, no insult intended) give the message that there in no Irish interest in these matters.

I've traveled to Belfast (Mew 2007), Bexleyheath (Darkrai 2008), Dublin (Shaymin 2009, no effort there), London (VGC 2009), Paris (VGC 2009) and Breahead (Scotland, Regigigas 2009) in the last few years just to go to the current Pokemon event. On a side note, by the Paris event the staff noticed me from coming and going so much that they came up to me and started chatting to me and my Breahead my entire day was spend as a stand-in staff member.

If you don't go you don't get to find out what's going on. If you don't go that's less interest shown and the less chance an event will come back. Go to any official event that comes, even if it's for the crappy lv100 Regigigas that you already have 2 different language versions of and already caught your ingame Regis with.

Go to an event even if you have to endure a craptastic Ryanair flight and and hour long train journey. As long as you can afford to go, GO! Spend time chatting with the staff, chat to the attendees, trade with the attendees, go for lunch with them, chat some more to the staff, arrange an "Underground Party" with the attendees, see how many players you can get in the Union Room at one time before it crashes, make a day of it. Heck in most situations it's taken you long enough to get there, you might as well make it worthwhile....

All valid points. But I put it to you that by holding the events on work days (I'm ranting about the Shaymin event here, not the "forsake your mother for an Arceus" event) during working hours, they are reinforcing the idea that Pokémon is a game for children. And not just any children, the delinquent kind who don't go to school on school days. And where are they getting the money to buy games when they are too young to work? Prostitution and burglary, that's where. NOE are creating an army of loose moralled, uneducated thieves. I'm writing a stern letter to the daily mail.

• Advertisement

The Shaymin event was during the Easter holidays last year. It was the 9th April in Dublin which was Holy Thursday last year. I remember this as I was studing at the time and didn't have to skip classes to go to the event

Foiled again! I'll get you next time, Gadget. Next time.

Advertisement