Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marine Institute?

Options
  • 28-02-2010 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Does anyone know where this is? Its in Oranmore apparently but nobody I ask has ever heard of it and their website is no help. Im looking for the Marine Institute, Rinville, Oranmore, Galway. Would anyone mind giving me a Google map link please? I googled it already but that map shows it being on Eglington Street for some reason. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GalwaySeller

Perfect thanks mate, looks a bit far to cycle now that I look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

If you are going there for interview or working
    it might be worth contacting them first.
    I vaguely remember reading (or hearing) something about a bus pickup for staff from Oranmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

IIRC, that road's not for cycling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GalwaySeller

If my taxes paid for it then by God Ill cycle on it.

braveheart.jpg

@ loser2old4board, thanks for the info, Ill look into it if I get the position there but this is just a one off interview @ 12:30 in the day, doubt there'll be a bus at that time. Itsonly 12 km according to Google Maps anyway, looked a lot worse than that at first glance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

If my taxes paid for it then by God Ill cycle on it.

braveheart.jpg

@ loser2old4board, thanks for the info, Ill look into it if I get the position there but this is just a one off interview @ 12:30 in the day, doubt there'll be a bus at that time. Itsonly 12 km according to Google Maps anyway, looked a lot worse than that at first glance.

All I is sayin' is that it'll likely be an exceptionally high adrenaline ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

if you're down at the strand in renmore on a clear day (like today) you should be able to see it clearly across the bay, not far off from the hotel. It looks a lot closer on the bay but i recall it being a bit of a distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

Would not recommend cycling, road surface poor in parts, and when you get to Rinville, steep downhill followed by steep uphill followed by steep downhill followed by, well, you get the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

I would not worry too much about getting there on a bike (bar the road surface and narrow road). But dear lord cycling home after? That hill is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

The cycle out to Oranmore\Renville is grand... head to Renmore, take the walk\cycle path at Galway Crystal that joins a minor road beside the woods which in turn joins the coast road and then it's a grand pedal to Oranmore (the wind can be a killer alright if it's steady in your face). The cycle to Renville is fine from Oranmore, just make a point of putting manners on those 4D mummies out there!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
Advertisement