Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to NZ

Options
  • 28-02-2010 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Which travel agents are offering the best rates to NZ with a stopover in Asia/OZ.

USIT are advertising in the Iirish Examiner for E847 from Cork.

Anyone see or know of better offers?

Thanks guys!:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You have the entire internet at your fingertips. Go seek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 passion fruit

snubbleste wrote: »
    You have the entire internet at your fingertips. Go seek
    Thanks for that insightful input smart arse.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Thats a good price.
    I've paid up to E1200 for flights to NZ and all bar one stopped in Asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Sounds good to me too. Not sure how much I paid but think it was close Rabies about 10 months ago. Go in and have a chat to them. I know when I said my dates were flexible they went through the options for getting a better deal. Also be aware the price will change depending on what Asian airport you're flying through as they all have their own taxes.

Called into USIT today, the E847 deal was for a direct flight Dublin-Frankfurt-Auckland.

Qantas have deals on at the moment with stop overs in Shanghai/Beijing/hong Kong/Singapore/Tokyo.

The taxes are pretty steep. Base fare 550euro+500 tax for a Tokyo stopover. Need to play about with dates in order to get a better deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Frankfurt-Auckland direct??? Bit far on the tanks me thinks.

More than likely it will be FRA to somewhere like HKG where you will pick up an Air New Zealand flight.

basill wrote: »
    Frankfurt-Auckland direct??? Bit far on the tanks me thinks.

More than likely it will be FRA to somewhere like HKG where you will pick up an Air New Zealand flight.
    There is a 2 hour stopover in Asia, not sure which airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lorraine22ie

Hey, get onto skyscanner.ie to check your flights, I got mine for €530 shannon-hongkong-auckland. Pretty cheap as far as I'm concerned. Oh and its alot cheaper to fly on a Tuesday than any other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 oooomy

Go to this website http://itasoftware.com/
    click on search airfares using QPX
    click 'Log in as a guest'
    Click on the multi segment (or return) and it will search all the airlines and give you the cheapest price for the dates you want to fly out on.

You cant book via this website but it will tell you the full price incl taxes and the airline that is doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Hey, get onto skyscanner.ie to check your flights, I got mine for €530 shannon-hongkong-auckland. Pretty cheap as far as I'm concerned. Oh and its alot cheaper to fly on a Tuesday than any other day!

Who the hell do you ya fly with to get a price like that!!
    Thats very cheap. Worryingly cheap to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭larsson7

Im assuming that price is one way.
    Any idea on job scene in Accountancy there at the mo Rabies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

larsson7 wrote: »
    Im assuming that price is one way.
    Any idea on job scene in Accountancy there at the mo Rabies?

We just hired to new accountants at work. I'm in Wellington. One of the people we offered the job too had been offered one somewhere else too but turned it down. Think it's looking ok. Have you looked on seek.co.nz yet? You can also try TradeMe jobs (www.trademe.co.nz)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭larsson7

Cheers for that, I'm pondering a years visit to NZ due to the total lack of jobs at home at the moment so Im at the early stages of looking and will give both those a look.
    Thanks

Advertisement