Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water quality

Options
  • 28-02-2010 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else in the north of the county noticed very poor water taste this weekend? Only back from the North and my water tastes like it has salts in it; my brother in Celbridge has the same issue

I've notified the council's control room but they've nothing noted yet about it and will check in the morning. Would be worried its an over-use of the cleaning chemicals...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Do you use a dishwasher? Could it be that the glass/cup you drank from had some salt residue on it from the dishwasher, which hadn't rinsed off? I found that from time to time at home here.....

Salt would be an unusual taste to get from the water - though that's not to say you didn't get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nope, neither house has a dishwasher and I've since checked with my sister (another part of Maynooth, family don't seem to move much!) and its similar there.

Its not the taste of salt as in table salt, its the taste of *a* salt... thats why I'm concerned its a purification cockup.

Advertisement