Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Alice In Chains Tourdates (Ireland?)

Options
  • 28-02-2010 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Alice In Chains International Tourdates page has now changed to state:

International tour dates will be announced very soon.

Does this mean we could see some more European dates, in the form of festivals, or indeed an Irish date from the guys? The US tour finishes on May 23rd, plenty of time to play some festival dates in June and July, or to do some European club dates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Misfit Mum

Would love love love to see them indoors but would go anywhere to see them again!! My fingers are crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Well they are already confirmed for Rock Am Ring/ Rock Im Park at the beginning of June, so thats a def for European tour in some form during the summer.
    poster-20100215-M6Mnj0aQCG.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That line up aint half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

They're doing 3 dates in Italy and they're doing Nova Rock, Rock Am Ring, Sonisphere around Europe, Graspop and a couple of other festivals.
    I've implored William and Mike Inez to play a non festival date here, I've even suggested venues. But it's up to their management.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Maybe they might play Oxegen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Maybe they might play Oxegen?

That would make me brave Oxegen, but would piss off a lot of true AIC fans, myself included

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Not a hope that would happen I'd say. Not their scene.
    Wouldn't bother travelling to a festival to see them anyway. Headlining slot is the way to go to see them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

They've also been confirmed for NovaRock in Austria, and a few dates in Italy around the 10th of June. I'm really hoping they do a headline show here - think it's far beyond due at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Olympia...it'd be bliss!

Mushy wrote: »
    Olympia...it'd be bliss!
    You speak the truth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

jenizzle wrote: »
    You speak the truth!

That he does :)

yeah would love to see them hitting somewhere like the Olympia, nice intimate enough show.........were they to play Oxygen - I still wouldn't bother with it....want to see them doing their own headlining show and surrounded by people that are there to see the band - not just because they are there on the piss anyway........
    but this year is already nearly full for me with gigs - certainly up as far as June........but what the hell, they are one band that would be worth it....

Certainly - Olympia, Vicar St., hell... even the Button Factory would do the job! I've seen 'em do a headline show and it's 100 times better than seeing them do support.

jenizzle wrote: »
    Certainly - Olympia, Vicar St., hell... even the Button Factory would do the job! I've seen 'em do a headline show and it's 100 times better than seeing them do support.

I'm right in thinking that's all they've ever done in Ireland, right?

I mean, even in the Layne days, they only ever came here just the once...that was supporting Megadeth?

I've never heard anyone mention they seen Alice In Chains do a headline show in Ireland at least...which surprises me, because records show their singles used to début higher in the charts then in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I'm right in thinking that's all they've ever done in Ireland, right?

I mean, even in the Layne days, they only ever came here just the once...that was supporting Megadeth?

I've never heard anyone mention they seen Alice In Chains do a headline show in Ireland at least...which surprises me, because records show their singles used to début higher in the charts then in the UK

They played the SFX in 1993, supported by The Wildhearts. I think. Didn't go meself...

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Those New European Dates are now up on the AIC Site...Nothing for Ireland :(..but nothin for the UK either so sure more dates will be listed Real Soon:)... http://www.aliceinchains.com/content/?page_id=76

They're playing the same day as Pearl Jam in Bilbao - happy days :D

Turin, short break over there for that gig, looks possible I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Playing Glasgow Monday week. Got flights for 32 quid all in. Could do with an Irish gig. This travelling business is killing me, but its worth every cent. The best live band I've seen ever. They put on a massive show.

nulabert wrote: »
    Playing Glasgow Monday week. Got flights for 32 quid all in. Could do with an Irish gig. This travelling business is killing me, but its worth every cent. The best live band I've seen ever. They put on a massive show.

Same here. Although not Glasgow, I got Press Ticket for Sonisphere, so looking forward to going and seeing them there.

Advertisement