Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport to Northbrook Road, Ranelagh

Options
  • 28-02-2010 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi there,

Next Saturday I will be travelling to visit a nursing home on Northbrook Road in Ranelagh.I will be travelling with my 82 year old granny.

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice as to best way to get there- we will be travelling by train to Heuston so I was thinking of getting the Luas to Abbey street and hopefully a bus over to Northbrook Road(or near enough to it)-does anyone know any bus that stops off anywhere near there?

I know there is a Luas at Charlemont but that would require walking from Abbey St to Stephens Green and I dont think she's be able for that.
    Hopefully someone can give me some advice- on google maps it looks like there are a lot of bus stops on a junction on Ranelagh road near Northbrook Road, but I couldn't find those stops on the dublinbus site.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

You can get the 44 from Townsend St. which stops on the Ranelagh Road near Northbrook Road. There are some buses, not sure which, that go from Heuston to Pearse St. which would be closer to Townsend St then the Abbey Luas stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Thanks,does that bus go pretty often do youknow??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The 92 bus goes from Heuston to Leeson St bridge,just a 5 minute walk from there.Think they are regular enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

Thanks,does that bus go pretty often do youknow??

About every 40 mins

have a look at the Dublin bus site for exact times.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/44/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

The most convenient way is probably to get one of the buses that go down Leeson street - once you cross the grand canal, you're quite close to where you're going. The 46a/b, and 145 leave from O'Connell street about every 5 minutes, not far from the Luas at abbey street. It might be a 10 minute walk at the other end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Hi there,

Next Saturday I will be travelling to visit a nursing home on Northbrook Road in Ranelagh.I will be travelling with my 82 year old granny.

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice as to best way to get there- we will be travelling by train to Heuston so I was thinking of getting the Luas to Abbey street and hopefully a bus over to Northbrook Road(or near enough to it)-does anyone know any bus that stops off anywhere near there?

I know there is a Luas at Charlemont but that would require walking from Abbey St to Stephens Green and I dont think she's be able for that.
    Hopefully someone can give me some advice- on google maps it looks like there are a lot of bus stops on a junction on Ranelagh road near Northbrook Road, but I couldn't find those stops on the dublinbus site.
    thanks in advance

The 48a goes from O'Connell Street (outside Burger King on Upper O'Connell Street) to the Ranelagh Road at Northbrook Road as well as the 44.

Times are at:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/48a/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Just to re-iterate my point,
    the 92 cuts out all the middle ground,goes straight from Heuston to Leeson St Bridge which is almost as good as where the 46A,145 etc will leave you...

Lived there til recently..

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Without sounding blunt, have you considered getting a taxi? Even from O'Connell Street. Would probably save a lot of hassle.

(I've two grandparents in their late 80s. I know how hard it is to travel with them.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Birneybau wrote: »
    Just to re-iterate my point,
    the 92 cuts out all the middle ground,goes straight from Heuston to Leeson St Bridge which is almost as good as where the 46A,145 etc will leave you...

Lived there til recently..

Fine - but walking from there to Northbrook Road as an 82 year old is not exactly short.

The 44 and 48a leave the OP and her mother at the end of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

1968 wrote: »
    Without sounding blunt, have you considered getting a taxi? Even from O'Connell Street. Would probably save a lot of hassle.

(I've two grandparents in their late 80s. I know how hard it is to travel with them.)

hee hee thanks for that!!No she's actually quite spritely!!And she doesn't mind walking a little bit!Thanks everyone for all your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

what about the 11's or 13's ??? Don't they stop by the (Woodstock?) guest house?

Advertisement