Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a few tips on finding living space in Limerick for college

Options
  • 28-02-2010 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

(If this is the wrong board, could a moderator please point me in the right direction?)

Hi there, I'm hoping to get into LCAD for september and I'm currently looking for somewhere to stay over the course. This isn't a request for specific apartments or what haveyou, I'm looking for guidelines on any particular neighbourhoods or parts of the city that I should try to perhaps stay clear of.

I come from Clonmel originally and there are more than a few places where I would never set foot in if I was looking to rent a place, and I'm sure Limerick has these kinds of areas, like any other city or sizable town.

Could someone please help me find a get a few names down for such areas?

(I hope I don't offend anyone either in saying Limerick has a bit of a reputation for this sort of thing, as does Clonmel mind you :( )

(Just to clarify as well, I have a friend of a friend who lives in the one of the LIT houses and claims its not a very nice place to be living. I don't have a name of the estate however, and this is what has me a little spooked about Limerick.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

For LCAD, I'd recommend Grove Island, its nearly all Art college students, very convenient. Contact the student union in LCAD and they'd be able to give you an idea of the large buildings they recommend, as well as local houses etc that would have accom. You should be fine around that side of town anyway, stick close to the college :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yeah check out grove island, one my mates lives there and there really nice apartments. Always partys going on and people there are very friendly.

I think there is a high demand for places there so the sooner you apply the better.

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

I said it before because i wanted to do it myself a couple years ago, go to the university, they have a brochure, massive book of all the different houses they rent with phone number of landlords and prices etc, all in the castletroy area which is a big suburb with good bus services to the city centre.

it also has shopping centres, cinema, pubs restaurants clubs etc so venturing into town for stuff wont be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

Brilliant stuff, thanks for all the replies lads, much appreciated :)
    I'll get hunting just as soon as my mocks are up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ColaBeDamned

Good luck loocas, it's a fantastic college, hope you do well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 onlinemonkey

You could also try parkview hall. http://www.parkviewhall.com/main.html I hear their rates are very reasonable and its about a 10 minute walk from the college

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

You could also try parkview hall. http://www.parkviewhall.com/main.html I hear their rates are very reasonable and its about a 10 minute walk from the college
    Parkview is good too, plenty of art students there, only thing is its further from town than Grove Island, so can be a pain trying to get back to at 3 in the morning with a bag of cans from costellos :p All the good parties are in Grove Island ;)

Advertisement