Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Split Files

• 28-02-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I've just downloaded a torrent but the files are split into 36 different parts... (split archives??) I haven't a clue how to put the file back together so can anyone please help me

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Install winrar
    Right click on the first file and choose extract to, then chose where you want to unpack it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Doesn't he mean that - like - he has 36 files that should be one single file? I don't know why you're mentioning WinRAR and unpacking the file(s). johnmcdnl, read the notes that accompany the torrent - and also comments by other people who downloaded it - as these should explain how to install it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

there were no comments but i was using winrar anyways... extracting all the files into the one folder did work so thanks :D i just didn't want to start doing that and then discover i was wrong.. it took me 10-15 minutes to do all of them lol

thanks guys

thread can be locked now..... admins???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Kevster wrote: »
    Doesn't he mean that - like - he has 36 files that should be one single file? I don't know why you're mentioning WinRAR and unpacking the file(s). johnmcdnl, read the notes that accompany the torrent - and also comments by other people who downloaded it - as these should explain how to install it.

these are normally winrar files and winrar recombines them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

If they were .001 etc., you could use ms dos.
    "copy 1+2 3" which will create 3 from 1+2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Ah, you learn something new each day... :p I do'nt know why but I was thinking more about ISO files or files generated from a different[non-mainstream] programme that the source of the download had used. I for example use a programme called 'chainsaw' to break up files.

Advertisement