Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How should be honour Bertie?

Options
  • 28-02-2010 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Been reading his recent book, and like many others of you reading it I came to see what an amazing man he was. All them things he done over the years, and sure we have nothing to commerate him with. As for me, if I had my way and the money, i'd erect a statue like one of those of a Roman emperor.

Opinions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

This is a joke, right?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Martinog

I call bulls***

What do i win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

28wnwuw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

G-021S-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

In facta....da Duke of Drumcondra:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Been reading his recent book, and like many others of you reading it I came to see what an amazing man he was. All them things he done over the years, and sure we have nothing to commerate him with. As for me, if I had my way and the money, i'd erect a statue like one of those of a Roman emperor.

Opinions please?

A bit of me just died after reading that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Easons should stock a commemorative brown envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I have no political allegiances.
    If he runs for Mayor of Dublin, I will be volunteering my time to campaign for the most likely alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Opinions please?

Public flogging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

A brown envelope ?

Actually, scratch that - been done.

Maybe a formerly-white envelope that came in handy when I ran out of loo roll last week ?

Yep, that'd be perfectly appropriate and apt.

Aside from that, however ironic and funny these "St Bertie" posts and threads were originally, they're getting tiresome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Firing squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    A brown envelope ?

Actually, scratch that - been done.

Maybe a formerly-white envelope that came in handy when I ran out of loo roll last week ?

Yep, that'd be perfectly appropriate and apt.

Aside from that, however ironic and funny these "St Bertie" posts and threads were originally, they're getting tiresome.

Loving this idea LiamB!! If you did manufacture such a toilet roll, could he take legal action? (I'm not going to, just curious).

Also, where can I get the commemorative brown envelope you say has been done?!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Opinions please?

Honorary Doctorate in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    28wnwuw.jpg

Fecking priceless.

I was at that statue park a few months ago which had a load of statues that could only have been created by someone insane and with a hatred of women and babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭MysticalRain

I propose naming a sewage treatment plant after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I propose naming a sewage treatment plant after him.

How about naming what goes through it after him?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭skullzxr

Opinions please?

Bertie......is this you posting!!!!!!

pog it wrote: »
    Also, where can I get the commemorative brown envelope you say has been done?!! :)

Apparently somewhere in Manchester, or at the horses, or at d'office, or at the Galway Tent...

Actually, I can't remember...... ;)

But I can remember my entire life in detail, so I'll go write a book now....

Actually, I reckon I could take the loo roll idea one step further!

Create a toilet with his face painted on the inside where the water settles before the turn!

And I even have a name for it........The Bertie Bowl!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I dunno where this thread belongs, but it ain't this forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement