Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to move percolation area?

• 28-02-2010 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone suggest the quickest and cheapest way to move my percolation area.

I understand I will have to apply for planning for this.

Do I need to get the full report done or could I justs get a professional in to take the new P and T test readings and submit those to the planning office.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭country home

i was looking to do this after my stupid engineer just pick a spot to test without asking me where id think it should go, , ,understanding if there is only one spot it will work in, but i had multiple areas, , and she even told me that "well it can be moved a bit" so i let it go. . now im mid build, and a few months ago i looked in to moving it about 50 meters, she said id have to go in to the council, , , GRRRRRR. . i was fuming. . .mid build. .

went to council, sat down, ya,, , , ya,, , looks fine, , , , dont see any problem, , , told me to reapply for planning to move it, 3 months wait for reply. . all work to stop on site while it was going through. . . . with common sense,, i got up and walked out.. . . Im putting the perc area where it was originally, even though it means digging around a sycamore tree which A, is about 200 yrs old. . this is a rough guess. .. and B. . . it was part of futher information (how was i going to protect the tree). . .lol. . .

dont touch the tree. . but dig and lay pipes close to it. ..

depends how desperate u are to move it.. . . id just flippin leave it. . . esp if u are mid build

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

I'd suggest to just dig out the percolation area where you want to. Put in the pipe, stone etc. back fill with topsoil and plant grass on it...

I'm an architectural technician that has dealt with the planners and council over the years:mad: and if you want to finish your house build this decade, just do it and get it over with. the soil type is generally the same thro out the site, so there should be no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

My site was in pretty bad shape when i first got planning, i have the house built now and improved the land conditions with drainage etc.

I'm looking to move it about 15 metres so i can use a gravity system rather than pumping up to a percolation area.

Country home did the planners say you'll need the full report done out again or a basic layout and P test and T test etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks country home but there is a forum for that type of posting

I'd suggest to just dig out the percolation area where you want to. Put in the pipe, stone etc. back fill with topsoil and plant grass on it...
    Thats a very stupid comment. Please read the forum charter before you post again

• Advertisement

changes wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone suggest the quickest and cheapest way to move my percolation area.

I understand I will have to apply for planning for this.

Do I need to get the full report done or could I justs get a professional in to take the new P and T test readings and submit those to the planning office.

Thanks
    Yes you will have to apply for planning permission.

Any application will have to be accompanied by a site assessment report. Depending on which county you are in you will either have to get the site assessment carried out privately or alternatively the local planning authority may provide this service.

muffler wrote: »
    Yes you will have to apply for planning permission.

Any application will have to be accompanied by a site assessment report. Depending on which county you are in you will either have to get the site assessment carried out privately or alternatively the local planning authority may provide this service.

I'm in donegal, the prices i'm being quoted are quite high. If anyone knows of a qualfied person able to carry out the test could they PM me.

I got a site assessment carried out in 2008 for my planning application, this contains all the details about the ground conditions etc.

I'm just wondering if i could use these details and resubmit a new P test and T test for the new area of the site.

What area (approx) of Donegal are you located in?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Moggaman

2 things. you will get permission. you need a new test done. Important thing is to ensure you have the proper percolation. you dont want to be goin back to this problem again

muffler wrote: »
    What area (approx) of Donegal are you located in?

East donegal

• Advertisement
Advertisement