Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML/CSS courses in Dublin

Options
  • 28-02-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hey lads just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that teaches HTML, XHTML or CSS around Dublin. I went to do a Fas course but my god i almost shot myself!! it was extremely slow and the majority of the people in the class looked as though they'd never seen a pc. Im ok with self teaching but feel like i could be going places quicker if i had someone showing me what to do. Any suggestions would be great, or even tutors you might know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I really think you should give this a go yourself and maybe save your money for a programming or graphic design course (depending on your preference).

IMO the key thing with learning (X)HTML is making sure you use the appropriate tags for the content you are displaying. Once you get the hang of that, the rest will follow.

This book is a few years old now, but worth a read.
    Web Standards Solutions: The Markup and Style Handbook by Dan Cederhome .

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Cheers Eoin for the reply, iv got a subscription to lynda and like the stuff Bill Weinman teaches, he goes over html, xhtml and css. So maybe ill start there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 igorkoch

or you can try some free stuff: www.w3schools are great for that and have much more than just html and css. i especially like the 'try it editor' function.

Advertisement