Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars in Concert 7th March Afternoon Show

Options
  • 28-02-2010 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Ok, decided to push the boat out and bring my son & his cousin to this event. Debated over it for a while as the tickets are not cheap but found them available at €45 + booking last evening. Had to put a call into brother in law to check it was ok for my nephew to go today and when I went back to book I'm now only finding €80odd tickets available. So I'm familiar with supply and demand and all that but my question really is do TM mess with availability and price as events get closer? Oh and secondly is there anywhere to get these tickets at the last minute at a reasonable cost for an afternoon show on a Sunday?
    Thanks
    A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

I was wondering about exact the same thing. I found the 45 Euro tickets listed, but of course they were not available when tried to book them. Probably just a marketing gag and they never were up for sale. Has anyone been able to buy such a "discounted" ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

It was not a marketing gag. The tickets are bookable at the moment. Very good seats for the lowest price. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 amurray32

Managed to get €45 tickets this morning, cannot understand why they dissappeared over the weekend but just glad to have them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭loveacca

How did you find the concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 amurray32

Very enjoyable, kids loved it and while there were concentrating on the screen I was enjoying the orchestra. Lots of families there and a great athmosphere. THere were lots of spare seats in the middle section in front of the stage and just before the show people were invited to move into these seats if they preferred. All in all a great day out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Anthony Daniels was hamming it up to the max.
    Great show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭loveacca

Thanks for the feedback. I had tickets for the afternoon show but my nephew took sick just as we were due to go, it was to late to get another body to come along and I thought I would look a bit of a stalker at it without a kid :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Was at the evening show. Was decent, cracking to see Star Wars soundtrack played with a live orchestra. Shows how much detail is in the music and how many musicians play their parts. Great syncing with the visuals too.

Nice relaxed atmos before and after in the O2. Underselled bigtime though. Was only about under 2/3 full, we were moved up closer there was so much space.

was it worth €113, €70 (the ticket i got), maybe not, possibly €50 max. In a way it was good to see the amount of empty seats in that at the end of the day people should not be expected to pay so much for a live event.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Went to the evening show - had VIP tickets which gave both early access so you weren't jostling with crowds (much) to see exhibits and the like and more importantly gave us fantastic seats right in front of the orchestra, just above heaed height.

My other half informed me that I lost twenty years walking through the doors to the place :p

The show was amazing, and now that I'm back in the UK, I might go to the show in Sheffield on Wednesday :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Was driving on Eden Quay on Sunday morning and saw a battalion of Storm Troopers marching, I didn't know what was going on for a minute:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

There's a big Star Wars family show on in City West Hotel on Easter weekend.

It's called Emerald Garrison - Invasion Dublin

See http://www.invasiondublin.com/content.aspx?id=210 for details and tickets are available from http://www.tickets.ie

Advertisement