Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S5230 Tocco Lite - unlocking?

• 28-02-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

I have a small query about unlocking the Samsung S5230 Tocco Lite.

Is it possible to get this model unlocked in the unlocking shops? If yes, any idea how much they charge?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Thanks Captain.

So they do it for the €10 only on Thus?

Thanks for the google tip, got it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jackewacky

You can unlock all samsung mobile phones by yourself, without any cost to you, however there is one slight disadvantage:
    You will lose all your files.
    Just google the master reset code for your phone, and when in-putted into your phone, it will delete the network lock.
    Good luck ;)

Thanks Jackewacky for the tip. I will try to find something on google. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Thanks Jackewacky for the tip. I will try to find something on google. :)

Be careful what you find, you might zero your IMEI on your phone, which could make it a brick

• Advertisement

Thanks Davy. Thats what I am worried about. Saving a tenner is tempting but making it a brick is worrying.

I tried to search but cant really find anything with looks genuine :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

Do not and I repeat do not try use a master reset code to unlock new samsungs. It will ruin the phone.

I had one the other day from a customer who tried to do it himself, even my machines found it a challenge to repair it. Luckily I did sort it for him, but it worked out more expensive than just unlocking. :rolleyes:
    Get it done in a shop for the sake of a few quid, its worth it if they provide a good service.

If you need any more info then click my sig.

Regards.

Advertisement