Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bistro Bianconi Ranelagh Closed

Options
  • 28-02-2010 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone else deeply saddened by this? Does anyone know what the story is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The pizza was lovely, but the prices were horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 OggyD

I suppose. €16 for a pizza was a bit too much. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

I was in there one wednesday a few months ago and it was busy. Probably had an expensive lease agreement and couldnt afford to drop prices to get trade in.
    I tried Base wood fired in Terenue but wasnt as nice as Bistro and sauce lacked enough herbs IMO. It's impossible to get a nice, wood fired stone oven pizza in dublin, one with a real smoky wood taste in the base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

seriously? wow that was the best of all takeaways ever. hope it is not true. 16€ for a pizza is not expensive if the pizza is out of this world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

It was a nice place alright.However,given the given they were charging, especially in the current climate,it was inevitable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I passed through Ranelagh yesterday evening, place has re-opened under new management, all pizzas for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

My source tells me its the actual owner of the chain and not a franchisee who has re-opened it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I ordered from there a few times and was always disappointed. Too expensive, little flavour, are hardly any toppings. Also, some of their "designer" pizzas were simply horrible.

Obviously sad to see a business close down, but don't think they should be missed.

This is just my opinion. I appreciate you may have a different opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mickoooo

absolutely the best pizza in dublin, just ahead of domino's

mickoooo wrote: »

Haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

mickoooo wrote: »

But Dominos is pretty crap....

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    But Dominos is pretty crap....

I assumed he was joking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

If you are looking to get a really tasty pizza in Ranelagh or Tenerure I would reccommend Marios. Pizzas are great as are all mains. Atmosphere is very relaxed and enjoyable and extremely friendly staff. Terenure have a really great early bird menu running at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

This place is back open. I was in there this evening. It's under new management. All pizzas are €10 at the moment and the prices are down across the board.

I've always been a fan of their food and I'm glad to say the menu hasn't changed during the changeover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 garrydolan

I'm the new franchisee of Bistro Bianconi Ranelagh, first of all I would like to say thank you for all the postitve feedback we have received since we re-opened recently.
    All prices have been reduced in keeping with the other franchises.
    For a limited time only all pizzas are available for delivery & collection priced at €10
    We have now returned to our original phone number 01 40 60 400
    Find us on facebook to keep up to date with all our latest special offers & deals
    facebook.com/bistrobianconiranelagh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

garrydolan wrote: »
    For a limited time only all pizzas are available for delivery & collection priced at €10

Do you deliver further afield now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SuzanneThompson

This is fantastic news. I'm delighted!

Advertisement