Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Vodafone BB Package without risking Phone package

• 28-02-2010 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am a BT Customer with the phone bundle/broadband package. The broadband speed is 7.6Mb and the phone package is the free calls to anywhere in Ireland and the UK anytime of the day.
    I would like to upgrade my broadband to the 24Mb ADSL2 package but don't want to lose my free calls to the UK which saves me a fortune in costs but Vodafone dont seem to offer on any of their current deals.
    Would it be possible to change to the 24Mbit connection without changing or losing my phone package with Vodafone. I have a feeling I wouldn't.

John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You'll be automatically moved to Vodafone soon enough anyway, and I'm note sure if they'll let you keep your current phone package. BT are leaving the residential market, so keeping your current package (even phone) may not be an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

I already have been moved to Vodafone. They said that there will be no changes to BT customers packages even though they will not be offering the same packages to any new customers.
    My question is, Could I change to 24Mbit from 7.6Mbit and keep my free calls to the UK even though Vodafone dont offer free calls to UK on any of their current packages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Probably best to ring and ask them - their website isn't too clear.

If you move to a new package and lose your inclusive UK calls, they have an add-on package for 100 anytime minutes to the UK for €4.99 per month.

Advertisement