Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Students against UL RAG Week

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

ok im in first year here so i havent seen what happened last year here,just heard the stories

however i was at the infamous galway one:D had great time at it but the city was like a war zone after it

so yeah when i came in first i thought rag week was an excuse for a week long piss-up, also knew that its main objective was charity but didnt appreciate that in the face of the idea of 5 days of a liver work-out:p

however i think the ulsu has made a great stride in this re-branding, epecially the whole ethos behind charity week. i feel personally, and a good number of my friends feel like-wise, that we have to keep the charity side in our thoughts too, so no rampant vandalism from us;)

so yes im still goin to have a good time in it and have the sugradh agus spraoi (theres my contribution to seachtain na gaeilge btw) but i appreciate the whole *one less pint for each student goes a long way*, so ill make sure i give as generously as my battered savings account will allow me to give.

just my two cents worth on this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

everyones entitled to an opinion. I would consider taking part in a WoW event if one was to be organised.

Then why didn't you go into the SU or talk to G Soc about setting one up?
    Suggestions are no good if you're too lazy to get up and cause changes.

Charity Week (There you go Derek!) was what you made of it. You get out what you put in and all you put in was a boards thread which made you look like the Rag-Scrooge! You'd be surprised how much fun you can have getting involved, don't nit pick when the SU are always willing to take constructive criticism.

Advertisement