Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bord Bia insepctions

• 28-02-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭

Could anyone help

What do the Auditors look for? I think I have everything up to standard but is there any tips you could give to make sure everything will pass their 'standard'. What aspects are they sticky on?

E.g. Herd Register, Animal remedies, Clean cattle,

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

the most important thing is your medicine cabinet and make sure you have no medicines past their expiry date because they check and record the batch number. they also look at your animal housing ,livestock,herd register and animal remedies. no a lot to worry about really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

cards are the big one as they can easily check these. make sure all your cards are present for inspection and that your register matches the cmms.
    also if you have any cards belonging to dead animals. ie animal dead and sent to knackery but you still have the card.
    double ups on cards as well.
    think there is fairly hefty fines for even small mistakes mentioned above, usually if there is more than a certain % mistakes as of total cards.
    from what ive heard nearly 80% of the time is spent on these.
    have heard of some inspectors not even looking at farm, if its all 100% on paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Follow the Plan

Thanks guys,

I have one problem. While I was preparing for this I noticed that I made a mistake registering and I have 2 calves tagged 1 number below wat i actually have them registered as e.g. tag 789 registered as 790. An honest mistake but it's too late to rectify this for this inspection. Hopefully this won't feck me up.

Nerveracking stuff for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I had cattle missing tags and i heard down the grapevine that the inspection was going to be in two days. There was no way the tags would be delivered on time so i sent away an application for the tags and told them i had and they said it was fine. i guess it varies from inspector to inspector though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

sorry miss read thread heading.
    usually no problems with bord bia inspections just a formallity really
    as for wrong tag reg have the paper work done up for correction and present, show them it was an honest mistake and you are going about correcting it.

if you have less than 10% of the herd missing one tag then you are ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Follow the Plan

Everything 100% Thanks lads.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭lifelover2006

Could anyone help

What do the Auditors look for? I think I have everything up to standard but is there any tips you could give to make sure everything will pass their 'standard'. What aspects are they sticky on?

E.g. Herd Register, Animal remedies, Clean cattle,

Cheers.

you need to have lots of tea, biscuits and you definitely need to know a bit about football 'cos it was all my bord bia inspector seemed to be interested in. oh, and it helps to have the auld herd register near by too as yer man likes to be able to write down he saw it...........

bord bia is some joke of a racket - talk about giving jobs for the boys.

Advertisement