Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Venue Map site thingy

• 28-02-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

Hey, just to let you know, I am putting together a site for the location of anything airsoft related.

I know there have been a few of these lately poppin up here, but I said sure, I have the website paid for, so I may as well use it.

Anyway, the site is http://www.irishairsoftsites.com/.

Any suggestions to make the site better, of if you want to see your venue on it, just drop me a line, and I will get back to you ASAP.

Just wanted something to keep my mind off the leaving cert, so please, I hope you will like it when it is finished (hopefully next weekend)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Hobby Airsoft added.

Mid west airsoft added.

Ambush Airsoft added.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

I think this is excatly the same thing samhil is doing - his is called irishairsoftsites.ie and is posted about 3 threads below this one. :p

maybe you can work together and get a really good one going - just a suggestion ;)

I think this is excatly the same thing samhil is doing - his is called irishairsoftsites.ie and is posted about 3 threads below this one. :p

maybe you can work together and get a really good one going - just a suggestion ;)

I know it is the Exact same thing, but I have already paid for the domain so I said I may as well use it. When I registered there was no other site like this. Now there is. Strange coincidence but hey, I aint picking a fight

More sites added. If there is a site/shop/venue you want to see ther just let me know. It can be a Skirmish site, Airsoft shop, Camo related shop, basically anything to do with the sport

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

J.D.R wrote: »
    I know it is the Exact same thing, but I have already paid for the domain so I said I may as well use it. When I registered there was no other site like this. Now there is. Strange coincidence but hey, I aint picking a fight

Kool dude, no worries. By the way glad to see you wanna put anything airsoft related on it e.g. army surplus stores thats a good idea.:D

• Advertisement

Sites from both ends of the country added.

If anyone would like to see a site they know on there, just let me know

Links page is now up and running.

If you have any suggestions I would be glad to hear them

More sites have been added, and the site now has easier navigation to spot sites or shops

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DufferO8

u forgot HRTA and strike arms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Its starting to look really good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Vents

Don't forget Fingal Airsoft. :D

Purely for looks you should use a different colour code, white isn't the best colour to use on a website. Maybe use images for the links section and perhaps buttons instead of text for your links.

Don't mean to criticise or anything but you asked for suggestions. Let me know if you want a hand with the webdesign end of things.

Thanks, and I really don't mind criticism. Thats the only way the site can get better.

The reson I chose white was purely for a Loading point of view. I have often been annoyed at a website for takiing to long, so I thought I'd go for a simplistic point of view, and focus on the Information, not frills or gimicks. WHat kind of colour scheme would you siggest? I would like to keep the green, just as I feel it is easier to read, and aparently is a happy colour. That and obviously the whole "Irish" airsoft thing

But I am interested in what you mean about the Images in the Links section. Could you explain that bit?

In regards to some sites being missing on the map, that is because I wait for permission from the sites to show them on the map. A bit of courtesy is always good in my books. I have sent word into both HRTA and Strikearms, but have yet to recieve a reply. Same for Fingal. But I will keep trying. And thanks for the heads up.

One big thing I would be interested in hearing what people need, is what is missing on the site? What would you like to see added to the site.

Any suggestions or criticism is welcomed, but please keep it constructive if you can.

Thanks, and I really don't mind criticism. Thats the only way the site can get better.

The reson I chose white was purely for a Loading point of view. I have often been annoyed at a website for takiing to long, so I thought I'd go for a simplistic point of view, and focus on the Information, not frills or gimicks. WHat kind of colour scheme would you siggest? I would like to keep the green, just as I feel it is easier to read, and aparently is a happy colour. That and obviously the whole "Irish" airsoft thing

But I am interested in what you mean about the Images in the Links section. Could you explain that bit?

By images I mean: http://www.airsoftreloaded.ie/links.html.

I'm not sure what colour I would use to be honest (its easy to criticise but a lot harder to build something). A little bit of gimick is cool now, a bit of flash here and there always goes down a treat.

Try to stay away from having to much text everywhere, people wanna see pics not text.
    In regards to some sites being missing on the map, that is because I wait for permission from the sites to show them on the map. A bit of courtesy is always good in my books. I have sent word into both HRTA and Strikearms, but have yet to recieve a reply. Same for Fingal. But I will keep trying. And thanks for the heads up.

One big thing I would be interested in hearing what people need, is what is missing on the site? What would you like to see added to the site.

Any suggestions or criticism is welcomed, but please keep it constructive if you can.

Perhaps you could do a rating thing or something?
    The option to go to that sites/shops' forum/blog?

Tbh, I was going to go for just the Text option for the simple reson that it would be quicker way to see what sites are where. Would you think it would be better to have the Index below the Map? Or on a different page maybe?

In regards to the option to going to a sites website/Blog, all the names of the shops and sites are links themselves, as well as the Pictures on the Map Markers. If you click the name on the Links page, or the Pictures on the map page, you will automatically be redirected to the places website/ Blog/ Forum etc.

And I think a review system would be a good idea. I had originaly thought about having one for AEGs, but I will look into have a Star system beside the Sites in the Links/ Index section. I will have it set up so that you'll have to enter your email address, to avoid the Sites voting for themselves.

And I will start changeing the Style of the site. I will try make it look more professional, welcoming, and cool all at the same time

Tbh, I was going to go for just the Text option for the simple reson that it would be quicker way to see what sites are where. Would you think it would be better to have the Index below the Map? Or on a different page maybe?

In regards to the option to going to a sites website/Blog, all the names of the shops and sites are links themselves, as well as the Pictures on the Map Markers. If you click the name on the Links page, or the Pictures on the map page, you will automatically be redirected to the places website/ Blog/ Forum etc.

And I think a review system would be a good idea. I had originaly thought about having one for AEGs, but I will look into have a Star system beside the Sites in the Links/ Index section. I will have it set up so that you'll have to enter your email address, to avoid the Sites voting for themselves.

And I will start changeing the Style of the site. I will try make it look more professional, welcoming, and cool all at the same time

Cool

Official offiliates to IrishAirsoftSites.com are now Airsoft Reloaded and Airsoft Combat Solutions. if yo want to go to their sites, just click onto IrishAirsoftSites.com, and find the banners.

SEAirsoft, the new affiliate to IrishAirsoftSites

Athlone Tactical Supplies now added to the site

Airsoft Tactical Force- The first team added to IrishAirsoftSites.com

Now visible in the top ten with the google search "irish airsoft sites".

If you want to see your team on it, just drop me a line

• Advertisement

Eirsoft are now official affiliates to IrishAirsoftSites.com

Monaghan Airsoft haver been added to the site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Good map, keep adding them sites :)

For the moment, thats all thats happening, but after the LC, there will be large scape updates to the site, to make it better, more usefull, and more cohesive, so stay tuned

Advertisement