Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acne Scars?

• 28-02-2010 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I, like alot of people, used to suffer from acne during my younger years. And while I am now delighted to say that the spots themselves have (mostly) cleared up, I find myself left with alot of scarring, mainly small pit-like holes around my nose and across my cheeks.

I'm wondering does anybody know of any useful treatments out there that could help to clear them up/reduce their appearance? I did try a few sessions of microdermabrasion in the past but didn't find it made any real difference.

Also, do any ladies (or indeed gents) know of any good foundations/concealers that would help cover them up? I'm currently using Vichy's Dermablend and I find it works fairly decently, but can occasionally tend to cake and collect in the scars.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Synods wrote: »
    I, like alot of people, used to suffer from acne during my younger years. And while I am now delighted to say that the spots themselves have (mostly) cleared up, I find myself left with alot of scarring, mainly small pit-like holes around my nose and across my cheeks.

I'm wondering does anybody know of any useful treatments out there that could help to clear them up/reduce their appearance? I did try a few sessions of microdermabrasion in the past but didn't find it made any real difference.

Also, do any ladies (or indeed gents) know of any good foundations/concealers that would help cover them up? I'm currently using Vichy's Dermablend and I find it works fairly decently, but can occasionally tend to cake and collect in the scars.

Look into laser resurfacing, it made a huge difference to my next-door neighbour.

It continues to improve for up to three months after each session afaik, so it takes time for the full effect to show.

The results are permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I'm in a similar position. I was on acne tablets for ages and while the spots have kind of gone I'm left with those pit like scars. I've also got lots of red marks which look like spots but are actually marks under my skin. It's so hard to cover them with make up so I could do with some help too!

I tried bio oil on the red scarring but it was no help at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

ohthebaby wrote: »
    I'm in a similar position. I was on acne tablets for ages and while the spots have kind of gone I'm left with those pit like scars. I've also got lots of red marks which look like spots but are actually marks under my skin. It's so hard to cover them with make up so I could do with some help too!

I tried bio oil on the red scarring but it was no help at all.

Afaik the laser treatments work by heating up the collagen in the skin and activating it inot more production. It evens out the skintone too so it'd get rid of the red marks.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1318081/laser_skin_resurfacing_for_acne_scars/

Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

A clinic near me does glycolic acid peels for acne scars, might be something to look in to? Pretty costly procedure though.

Advertisement